• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 5 for PS4 & PC teaser trailer

MavFan619

Banned
Literally got a few tears in my eyes, this is already 10x the biggest megaton I ever expected this weekend.

Holy shit.
Pretty much knowing a SFV is coming or at least confirmation of it coming is as important video game news as I can get any time of the year. I'm ecstatic.

onQ123

If you have about equal consoles hardware wise every exclusive is because of moneyhats. I assume this is the beginning of Sony's answer to MS for buying exclusives.

I'm just happy w are getting SF5. Previous Capcom comments had me worried.

But the PS4 & Xbox One are not about equal.

GHG

Gold Member
Hahah come on now. Did they have to?

I don't understand what you are trying to get at here.

Rise of tomb raider was originally announced to be in development for all platforms.

This is more like Bayonetta 2 in that the original announcement states exclusivity. It is not being taken away from another platform because as far as everyone knows it never existed on another platform.

The biggest cause of the outcry towards the tomb raider announcement was the fact that it was previously announced for the ps4 and PC but suddenly it becomes an xbox one (timed) exclusive with lots of secrecy over the timed element.

This means Ono is not working on an actual cool new PS4 exclusive in partnership with Sony. Instead Sony pulled a Microsoft and decided to be shit and waste money on denying Xbone owners one of the most iconic franchises in gaming. Shu better have a good fucking explanation for this.

JayEH

Somebody at Capcom messed up. The video is down now. Guess that's all they were showing lol. Thought the video upload was intentional and it would be playable at PSX.

I don't understand why this needed to be exclusive...sf4 is even on iOS? Sf is always on any and every system it can be on. Also the game looks really good, I wanna play it even though I don't play as many fighting gamea!

It'll be on everything eventually, I'm sure, just maybe not the vanilla version.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
iotbuaaQ7PYtl.gif

Lets be realistic. :p

Herrera-2.gif

Cels

I think it being on PC as well will go a long way to people not caring as much, coupled with the fact that TR2 was announced on all platforms before that announcement happened.

no, it was never announced for any platforms until they revealed xbone timed exclusivity

Sheroking

Ah, so this WAS meant to be a TGA or PSX reveal and someone screwed up with the upload.

I'm sure someone pulled it off YouTube. Reupload that somewhere please!

Paracelsus

Good exclusive for the momentum of Sony, I couldn't care less. Sony needs action/adventure/rpg games for the line-up.

Don't come crying to me 9 months after SFV launches and all of you bite into the hype and buy it and Capcom announces Super Street Fighter V.

You can't say you weren't warned.

RE_Player

This is huge!!!!!!!!

Huge loss for Xbox. I don't care how you try to spin it. This could have a ripple effect for fighters moving forward throughout this entire generation!

Video has been removed, someone is going to get fired for uploading too soon.

Would be great if video appeared again with 'and Xbox One' added.

Majanew

Banned
I hope this isn't the "big" exclusive Sony was going to show on the 6th. Never cared for SF, so I'm hoping something better is announced at PSX.

The emperor of fighting games returns, DAY FUCKING ONE! Unless Capcom decides to screw it up completely with DLC bullshit and whatnot....please don't....please.

This means Ono is not working on an actual cool new PS4 exclusive in partnership with Sony. Instead Sony pulled a Microsoft and decided to be shit and waste money on denying Xbone owners one of the most iconic franchises in gaming. Shu better have a good fucking explanation for this.

Fighting fire with fire?

Still bullshit though, there are better ways to deal with MS moneyhats - like funding new IPs.

Hasney

It's fucking terrible, anyone who derided Square-Enix over the Rise of the Tomb Raider debacle should be equally perturbed at this.

Pretty much. While I'm in the fortunate position of not wanting to play Tomb Raider, super hyped to play this and not owning an XB1, it still sucks.

Hopefully it's timed at worst or there's some damn good reason for it that will be released later (read: Money is good for a business, but look shitty for relating to fans).

Top Bottom