• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 5's release slated for 'next Spring,' according to Capcom Unity post

Link.

STREET FIGHTER V
Everyone is fired up for Street Fighter V coming to the PS4 and PC next Spring. Until then, you can sport the official SFV key art T-shirt, which features Ryu in a heroic pose, for $25.

If they started developing the game around the time that street fighter arcade cabinet video was shown for PS4 that means when it goes gold in Spring 2016 it would have been in development for the usual "3 year cycle", which is usually a few months shy of 3 actual years.

I'm ok with this. Do I want it sooner? Abso-frigging-lutely. I also want it to be great, so if it needs to simmer for a bit, cool.

TomShoe

Banned
I'll admit, that's a fair amount earlier than I thought it would be. I thought it was only like 20% done at one point. I was thinking late 2016.

Just say the month dickheads. Not everyone follows the same seasons. Not everyone even has 4 seasons. Hate when they assume everyone is in America.

I'll admit, that's a fair amount earlier than I thought it would be. I thought it was only like 20% done at one point. I was thinking late 2016.

It's going to have less than 20 characters apparently so it's not that surprising. If this geta releaseed alongside Tekken 7...

I have to wonder why they decided to reveal the project so early. The Nash build already looks so much better, it would have made a better first impression.

jbug617

Banned
makes sense. Probably going to be a smaller roster at the beginning and they will add on via updates like KI does.

cackhyena

I have to wonder why they decided to reveal the project so early. The Nash build already looks so much better, it would have made a better first impression.
It's easy to understand when you consider its unveiling. Considered a pretty decent get as an exclusive for a big Sony show.

It really does seem like they're showing it way too early, then. Aren't they risking people being bored to death of seeing it before it's even out? o_O

RedAssedApe

Banned
It really does seem like they're showing it way too early, then. Aren't they risking people being bored to death of seeing it before it's even out? o_O

Bored to death with what? Short clips of Three unfinished characters and no idea what the gameplay systems are going to be? This isn't like a shooter where showing the campaign is going to ruin the game for you.

Ki and mk seem proof enough that fans eat these character reveals up.

RocBase

Nah, it'll be playable at many events to come no doubt. Gives them ample enough time to get more feedback/fine-tune balancing. If anything I assumed it'd release way later than Spring 2016.

Bored to death with what? Short clips of Three unfinished characters and no idea what the gameplay systems are going to be? This isn't like a shooter where showing the campaign is going to ruin the game for you.

That's sorta silly. Yeah it's 3 characters and short clips NOW. But presumably they're going to continue the slow drip of information until release, which means more than a year of exposure to the game. That just seems odd to me and I wonder if gamers can maintain interest.

nded

That's sorta silly. Yeah it's 3 characters and short clips NOW. But presumably they're going to continue the slow drip of information until release, which means more than a year of exposure to the game. That just seems odd to me and I wonder if gamers can maintain interest.

Smash Bros. has been doing exactly that for the last two games and it doesn't seem to be a problem. FG fans feed on speculation and poring over frames of animation to find minute differences between builds is something the community can basically do forever. There really isn't much in a fighting game that can be overexposed; these games are meant to be played and viewed over and over again for a long time.

Zophar

Just say the month dickheads. Not everyone follows the same seasons. Not everyone even has 4 seasons. Hate when they assume everyone is in America.

Last I checked spring is also March/April/May for Europe, North Africa, the Middle East and all of Asia.

Top Bottom