• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 6 beta

op22

Looking forward to testing this yoga move on every character in every inch of every stage.

S0E5EFU.jpg

GrayDock

My only concern is if I will be able to use my PS4 arcade sticks with the PS5 version, just the way we could use the PS3 one's in SF V within the PS4... I really hope so, otherwise I'll just mode it.

Last edited:
Alright, which fightstick should I get? Or recommendations. I've held off for years but now with SF6 on the way I've decided to add to my peripherals.

Not looking for anything over USD$200. Play Killer Instinct, SF6, suppose I should use it for platforms where the thumbstick analogue isn't used so much. In which case also play Rayman Legends etc.

Crayon

My only concern is if I will be able to use my PS4 arcade sticks with the PS5 version, just the way we could use the PS3 one's in SF V within the PS4... I really hope so, otherwise I'll just mode it.

I use a ps4 stick on ps5 and it's all good.

[Sigma]

Love that the main theme song for Street Fighter 6(with lyrics) plays at the PS5 UI home screen. Do not change it for the retail version Capcom. This is perfect. Needless to say I got in the beta. Happy times.:)

Last edited:

Needlecrash

Like many have said, LOTS of people haven't gotten in. Not even Justin Wong or Maximilian. My friend EMP Obama got in though. It's SUPER restrictive for the selection. As much as it sucks, I'm sure there will be more betas in the future.

Fuck YEAH. Got in on Xbox. Skipped SFV on principle (I own a PS4 but am primarily an Xbox user), so this is my first SF since SFIV.

Apparently replays will get dumped out whenever the game updates to a new version. For SFV you could (still can) access replays from Season 1 and view them just fine.

Logic would lead me to think this is a server/costs issue. They've already made the switch to RE Engine partly to save on costs (they don't need to pay Epic money for the engine after hitting a certain revenue threshold....it's either $300K, $1 million or $3 million, can't remember which), and that's probably due to Sony not footing for co-funding this time around, meaning Capcom's spending more of their money outright for the game.

Dumping out old replays for outdated game versions frees up server space, meaning costs for storage can be kept in line better. Capcom probably also has data metrics showing how small a percent of the online community actually used the feature in SFV, so there's also that.

I guess it kind of sucks since it was a neat QoL thing, but you can always record the matches yourself, store them locally, then transfer them to external storage if archiving is the goal.

Fuck YEAH. Got in on Xbox. Skipped SFV on principle (I own a PS4 but am primarily an Xbox user), so this is my first SF since SFIV.

That's kinda embarrassing but cool that you got in the beta regardless.

Last edited:

skneogaf

I have an invitation for the steam version.

I'll be playing on my LG 83 oled and 3090ti pc so hoping to be impressed by the visuals.

I've just installed cat6 to the little home theatre so no more WiFi lag.

Should be a fun few days.

I'll be jamming to this ⬇️

I ain’t ever backin’ down (Come and step up to the plate)
For my city for my town (I’ll do whatever that it takes)
Imma go and get the crown (Oh)
Imma go another round (Oh)
I ain’t ever backin’ down (Come and step up to the plate)
For my city for my town (I’ll do whatever that it takes)
Imma go and get the crown (Oh)
To the top, I see the sight, I see the sight, I see the sight, yeah

Top Bottom