• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 6 beta

SSfox

I like that they announce and show player streaks and things like that on that screen in the battlehub. Pretty cool.

Also

With it going through emergency maintenance now, i'll mess around with it later today. I need to rest.

Oh that's a Pog i guess, as long as each stage has same non existent latency.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Why Capcom, why?

psiM4cu.gif

"We currently have a player on a winning streak"

[Sigma]

He's(Vesper) right about people just sitting down at the cabinet and you have no choice lol. I would run to an practically empty server and then all of a sudden here comes a new challenger. Im like got dammit I just entered training mode a minute ago lol.

Last edited:
I'll repost for the new page. Is there anything specific anyone wants tested or has questions about? I'm not that good, but I can try when I get back in later.

Hot5pur

The menu makes me feel dumb, how do I change characters?

Edit: apparently it's fighter profile -> press R -> battle settings. Seems excessive.

Last edited:

mekes

Everything is working great, the beta is running perfect for me. I will never forget SF5 beta!!

That being said, I quite enjoyed 5 when I first played it. My first experiences with this are very different. I don’t really like it.

And I live, breathe and shit Street Fighter.

nikos

Took a bit, but I think I'm enjoying the game. Couldn't get into SFV but this seems better in some ways. It still doesn't feel as fluid as SFIV, but I think it feels better than SFV. I primarily main shotos but I'm actually having a lot of fun with Kimberly, probably because she's fast. Ken doesn't feel bad either, better than Ryu for me.

Main issue is the way it runs on PC. Seems to be capped at 1440p with no Fullscreen mode, just windowed and borderless windowed. Since I'm on an ultrawide monitor, my best option is to run it windowed. Something about the game doesn't feel right though. It doesn't seem as fluid as it should. Tried both of my monitors (144 Hz and 120 Hz) with different G-Sync/V-Sync settings. Going to try running it to a TV next. I'm really sensitive to these sorts of things, so it may just be me not used to playing at 60 FPS.

Last edited:
Do you just press a button and direction now for the super moves? No more doing half circles or quarter circles? I haven't touched a street fighter since SF2.

Last edited:
Do you just press a button and direction now for the super moves? No more doing half circles or quarter circles? I haven't touched a street fighter since SF2.
no, there is a mode for "newbies" that allows you to use simple inputs, but the amount os moves/normals are cut in half.

Traditional commands are still there and of course is the right way to play.

Dr_Salt

Not that you asked me, but considering I share the same sentiment(in general at least), I figured I'd share.

The music seems like something created by someone who didn't know they were making pieces for a fighting game. Just general tunes that got slammed into the game as an after thought. The music doesn't fit what's happening on the screen at all, even if some of it doesn't sound bad on it's own. It's disconnected, and does nothing to add to the experience. In SFV, the music for the most part matches the onscreen action. Even the changes to how the music plays according to your life bar magnify the gameplay. It doesn't matter if it's the Bustling Side Street, or the Christmas version of Metro City Bay or whatever is called, it manages to fit into the package and feel deliberate and thoughtful to the other sounds happening as it's playing. This has nothing to do with the character themes btw, which I turn off for this very reason in SFV.
Someone has never played CvS2 or MvC2 lmao.

[Sigma]

You guys think DF will do a breakdown analysis tech for this Beta?
I dunno, Tom did apply for the beta. He hasn't said if he got in or not, neither has John. They did do one for the -Strive- beta. We won't be getting an input lag test from Woodall neither as he didn't get a code.

Last edited:

skneogaf

There is a camera setting for when you're in running around that if you select it the camera will adjust itself so its okay with a arcade fight stick.

They have thought of everything!

anthony2690

Banned
Easy to tell tips, but in the heat of battle much can't be done. Happens with me loads of time on ranked battle.
4 times in a row though? :p

I tend to eat the ones in the corner tbh, I forget they wall splat even on block, I think I got a full gauge I am good, but I'm definitely not good :p

Last edited:
Can you actually create characters in this game that have style, personality and actually look like they fit within the same world aesthetic as the main SF character roster?

Or are you constrained to making just generic rando-looking peons?

Why is it sick on modern controls? I changed it in the options. I even wiped the save data. When I go into a match or solo practice, it just reverts back to modern controls.

[Sigma]

HGd5JNa.jpg

It's not selectable. I was able to change it in another screen, but always goes back during match.
Bring up the multi menu. Select profile. At the bottom left you will see "back" and "battle settings".

Choose "battle settings" and from there new tabs will appear. Move to the "character" tab and select the character you want choose using the "edit" button(for example, it's triangle on playstation).

You should then see that you can change it. It may even give you a "change it for all characters" option. If not, you can still go one by one and change them permanently.

EDIT: Here I took screenshots

Street-Fighter-6-Closed-Beta-20221008175948.jpg

Street-Fighter-6-Closed-Beta-20221008180030.jpg

Street-Fighter-6-Closed-Beta-20221008180046.jpg

Street-Fighter-6-Closed-Beta-20221008180100.jpg

Last edited:
Bring up the multi menu. Select profile. At the bottom left you will see "back" and "battle settings".

Choose "battle settings" and from there new tabs will appear. Move to the "character" tab and select the character you want choose using the "edit" button(for example, it's triangle on playstation).

You should then see that you can change it. It may even give you a "change it for all characters" option. If not, you can still go one by one and change them permanently.

EDIT: Here I took screenshots

Street-Fighter-6-Closed-Beta-20221008175948.jpg

Street-Fighter-6-Closed-Beta-20221008180030.jpg

Street-Fighter-6-Closed-Beta-20221008180046.jpg

Street-Fighter-6-Closed-Beta-20221008180100.jpg
Got it! Thanks a lot!

Naked Lunch

Having each player see the stage they want on their screen is such a simple but great thing. No more fucking training stage.
All kinds of people on my Xbox friends list got in but I didnt :(

Still not sure about the gameplay the more I watch of it. The whole game seems based around those paint splash activations. In the past: alpha counters, focus dash cancels, even sf3 parries - you werent really forced to use any of those but in SF6 the drive stuff seems essential.

Having each player see the stage they want on their screen is such a simple but great thing. No more fucking training stage.
All kinds of people on my Xbox friends list got in but I didnt :(

Still not sure about the gameplay the more I watch of it. The whole game seems based around those paint splash activations. In the past: alpha counters, focus dash cancels, even sf3 parries - you werent really forced to use any of those but in SF6 the drive stuff seems essential.
It's still early, so it's easy to cheese a lot with Drive Impact, but it will change. Just like in SFV advanced players started making relying on V-Trigger a liability, people will start having more reliable baits and punishes for being predictable with Drive Impact. More balance updates will makes big adjustments as well I assume, so things should be ok.

anthony2690

Banned
Any off my neogaf buddies up for a game? I'm UK region but I'm also curious how it holds up UK Vs USA too, with its fancy new rollback netcode.

KOFXV is silky smooth between the two regions for me

skneogaf

The game is fun, kimberley is very combo heavy and if you play someone that is good with her... Enjoy the show!

I have not played enough street fighter anything for a little too long and my arcade stick feels I've never played on a arcade stick.

I may replace the gate as it was a octagonal shape when new but us now round.

Top Bottom