• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 6 beta

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I had fun as Kimberly. I don’t know what to think of the Ryu and Luke matchup. Feels like the Ryu player needs to be spot on otherwise Luke is just constantly in his face. I didn’t win anything but a match or two, but that’s all part of the game.

Reactions: KO7

S0ULZB0URNE

Everything is working great, the beta is running perfect for me. I will never forget SF5 beta!!

That being said, I quite enjoyed 5 when I first played it. My first experiences with this are very different. I don’t really like it.

And I live, breathe and shit Street Fighter.
huh-meme.gif

[Sigma]

Street-Fighter-6-Closed-Beta-20221008222007.jpg

It's only been a little over 30 minutes since it ended and I already miss it.
May post some general thoughts on it tomorrow. Or maybe not lol.

Took a quick scan of the top 10 sweats in rankings right before it ended(in terms of characters).
3 Ryu
3 Ken
2 Kimberly
1 Luke
1 Guile(Imstilldadaddy)

Last edited:

JaksGhost

I absolutely hate the default control type being Modern. It's such a cumbersome process to change and if you forget to set it before a match, if you switch characters, you're screwed until the next match. Other than that and a couple of crashes I've enjoyed my time with the beta. I usually go to a less crowded server to practice on since people tend to not bother you for a match since they seem to be doing the same thing and it helps since they closed off Training for now. My main takeaway is that I'm going to be playing the hell out of the Arcade Cabinet games once the full version is released. So far they've put up Final Fight, Magic Sword, and Super Street Fighter II Turbo (current game) with daily awards for those making it onto the leadership boards.

SSfox

Seems like SF6 isn't running at 4K on PS5, at least for now. Surprising for a crossgen game, game still work in progress so we'll see how things will end up.

Still super excited for the game nonetheless, seems super solid and promising overall. Tho hope graphics wise it can hit the 4K 60 of PS5.

Last edited:

Pejo

Its not bad, but isn't that catchy either. Probably top above the others, which are very lame.
Different strokes I guess, but I love the way it blends bits of the original with new stuff with 80s synth sounds and some nice drops. Probably one of my favorite fighting game songs in a long while.

9fi4E-.gif

SSfox

Last edited:

[Sigma]

Ive been playing the beta today although the server is slow and getting errors. Some of thing like regular matches and mini games haven't been working. So i've been mostly messing around in training.

Last edited:

Codiox

Good!! Glad Capcom find a way to delete SF6 Beta from PC, i mean wtf , when the game will be release day one you'll playing with somebody who played 5000 hours, it happened in SF5 it was totale fuck up, GG.

This will happen anyway. The beta is cracked since Sunday. You can play offline now against cpu or player with all 6 characters.

Made possible by the same hacks that made the resident evil VR stuff happening. It's the same engine.

That said because of this I finally could try out the game and love it. Ken is my favorite right now.

FYI, try not to switch characters. I got booted out and it took a while to get back in. Not sure if matches are connecting, so it's only training mode. Also, you can't connect to a server manually anymore, which was how I did it before and would be in one by myself.

Pejo

Man, there are already a ton of mods out for SF6 just from the beta. Hopefully somebody fixes Chun's face (and eventually Blanka, he looked awful in this engine).

9e9am8ryqfw91.jpg

8srvk81zqfw91.jpg

fww1816zqfw91.png

Last edited:
Changes Since the 1st Closed Beta Test
Bug Fixes
- Some bugs have been fixed.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the game to freeze if you tried to sign out of your profile while in the Battle Hub.

New Feature
Added an option to reduce input delay in the Graphics menu. Turning this option on will shorten the gap between your inputs and the action happening on-screen. This is especially useful if you are using a monitor capable of displaying at 120Hz on PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X|S.

For the Steam version the same effect can be achieved by turning this option on, setting Vsync to off, and setting the refresh rate to 120 Hz or higher.

Please note that depending on the monitor, you may experience some tearing.

Online Battle
Behavior Adjustments
- Adjusted how input delay works when the connection status causes frequent changes to the delay (represented by the D value at the top of screen), so that it will no longer decrease in a round where there has been an increase.

Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where spectating one battle cabinet while queued up at another cabinet caused a communication error and a black screen when the match you're spectating is about to end.
- Fixed an issue in Extreme Battle where if a projectile was on the screen, and Juri attacked an explosive with Fuhajin, she would be stuck in the Fuhajin animation until the projectile disappeared.

Training Mode
Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where the Frame Meter would not work correctly if you chose to restore default settings.

Battle Adjustments
- Fixed some bugs, as well as tweaked some aspects of the game related to controls and overall strategy.
- There are no individual character adjustments since the last Closed Beta Test.

Behavior Adjustments
-Adjusted Modern Controls so that a crouching heavy kick will be performed when pressing down-forward+Heavy Attack.
*Please note that this is not listed in the in-game command list, and if you try to perform the attack currently listed in the command list, it may differ from the attack that comes out.
1. Jamie - Phantom Sway
Appears in the command list as Down+Heavy, Heavy, Heavy, but in battle is performed with Down-forward+Heavy, Heavy, Heavy

2. Guile - Phantom Dagger
Appears in the command list as Down+Heavy, Heavy, Heavy, but in battle is performed with Down-forward+Heavy, Heavy, Heavy

3. Chun-Li - Water Lotus Fist
This move is in the command list, but if you perform Down-forward+Heavy while using Modern control type, you will get Chun-Li's crouching heavy kick instead, and not Water Lotus Fist.
- When performing a Super Art command such as Quarter-Circle Forward x 2 or Quarter-Circle Back x 2, the input delay going from down to forward or back is now 12 frames instead of 10 frames.
- Crouching medium kicks that can be canceled into special attacks now have a hitstop of 9 frames instead of 10 frames.

Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where if you performed a Half-Circle Forward command to perform a Quarter-Circle Forward special move, you would instead get an attack attached to the "Shoryuken" command input.

Balance Adjustments
- Perfect Parrying a projectile now has the same damage scaling when attacking an opponent during their recovery as Perfect Parrying a strike.
- If you continue your parry stance after Perfect Parrying a projectile, if you release the parry within a certain period of time, no recovery time for releasing the parry will occur.
Level 1 Super Arts for all characters no longer have projectile invincibility.

Ryu Adjustments
Balance Adjustments
- To go along with the invincibility change made to all Level 1 Super Arts, Ryu's Hashogeki and Shin Hashogeki are now considered strikes and not projectiles.

Other minor battle-related bugs have been fixed.

What's Available in the Closed Beta Test
The content is the same as the 1st Closed Beta Test.
The following Battle Hub features will be playable.

Playable Content
Character Creation (Only possible to create once), Ranked Matches, Casual Matches, Battle Hub Matches, Open Tournaments, Training Mode, Hub Goods Shop, Extreme Battles (Updates daily), Game Center (Updates daily), Challenges (Updates daily), DJ Booth, Photo Spot

Playable Characters
Luke, Jamie, Ryu, Chun-Li, Guile, Kimberly, Juri, Ken

Playable Stages
METRO CITY DOWNTOWN、GENBU TEMPLE、CARRIER BYRON TAYLOR、TIAN HONG YUAN、THE MACHO RING、TRAINING ROOM

Grechy34

Can someone tell me who's played the BETA does this play closer to 4 or 5 or does it feel completely different to both?

Can someone tell me who's played the BETA does this play closer to 4 or 5 or does it feel completely different to both?
It doesn't feel like either in my opinion. If I had to compare it to anything, it feels like SF5 in the way whiff punishes work, and how corner pressure really changes the routes you would take for zoning or combos. It still doesn't really feel like either game though, ultimately. It's heavy, and the buttons felt "sticky". The moment to moment gameplay didn't feel like either of them, especially with how block strings work(or don't work), and a higher necessity to get counter hit and punish counter conversions.

Pretty sure I forgot everything I learned in the first beta, but I'll give it my best. For those that haven't played it yet and use Ryu, don't do crouching mk - > hadoken on block. It's not the path of enlightenment anymore. Use hashogeki instead (QCB + punch).

nbkicker

Just got my code, cant wait to play this, hopefully can get onto practise for a bit without being forced into constant matches

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Pretty sure I forgot everything I learned in the first beta, but I'll give it my best. For those that haven't played it yet and use Ryu, don't do crouching mk - > hadoken on block. It's not the path of enlightenment anymore. Use hashogeki instead (QCB + punch).
God....AMEN!

DI just demolishes those close projectiles all day, and if you happen to be in the corner...well better luck next round.

nikos

Really hope that input delay reduction feature is good. Spent hours trying to figure out why the first beta felt off.

Top Bottom