• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 6 beta

KO7

Surprised there’s no training mode before the online play begins. Gonna be ruff jumping in against experienced players from the first beta, and getting destroyed early and often.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Surprised there’s no training mode before the online play begins. Gonna be ruff jumping in against experienced players from the first beta, and getting destroyed early and often.
Just sit upstairs and jump on a cabinet and train, try going for the least populated lobby to make it easier :)

Reactions: KO7

jaydogg691

Beta’d and ready to test out on S/X.

Any recommendations on Arcade sticks for Xbox? Haven’t used one since the 360 days.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Looking forward to test this out this weekend on Steam. Interesting that Capcom stick with UE4 while Tekken is moving to UE5…

Naked Lunch

Got into the Series X beta.
Still have my 360 Hori Fighting Commander 6 button ready to go. They really need to re-release that pad.
Im hearing the Series X Hori pad with the analogs has a shit dpad which is a shame.

Never gotten into a Beta in my life so you can imagine my surprise when I checked my promo folder for Capcom.

I have high hopes, I’d like to be day one and that’s pretty much assured with Dee Jay being launch, pity he’s not in the beta.

If you are all hoping to get some practice in with SFV that will help you with the beta of SF6 when it goes live, focus on recognizing counter hit vs regular hit. It's one of the main focus points of the core gameplay, except now you have punish counter as well(which is different from crush counter in some positive and negative ways). It's a big deal in SFV, and one of the main traits that has carried over in SF6. Also, practice whiff punishing(attacking the recovery frames of a move), as it is a big deal in SF6, and also one of the main traits of SF5. I think those two things will help a lot for those planning to jump in and be serious about digging into the new engine and meta.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I made ugly avatar, is there any way I can change how it looks?
I think it says that you can't reconfigure your character in the beta, but you will be able to in the final game. So I guess the only option is to cover yourself in cosmetics from the store :messenger_beaming:

[Sigma]

Experiencing the SF6 beta on my new LG C2 for the first time with reduced input delay on boost/120hz on/Resolution mode. Pure bliss..:messenger_smiling_hearts:

fallingdove

Loving the beta. Played way too late last night/this morning.

-Feels much better in its current state than SF5 did a couple of years after launch.
-I am absolute trash right now but I’m surprised how good people are already.
-Ken looks and plays great, so far his DNA feels like lots of SF3 with a sprinkle of SF4 and SF5

KO7

Wanting to learn Kimberly in training mode, but only if I could shut off challengers joining in and interrupting me (which to my knowledge, isn’t possible).

What is the best punish with Guile if I get a drive impact stagger on them with, and without a stored down-back charge?

Btw, bless Capcom for providing online play for this even for those who aren’t subscribed to PS Plus - definitely a nice surprise to me.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Jesus Christ what is this new default button scheme?

DistinctWeeHartebeest-size_restricted.gif

Wanting to learn Kimberly in training mode, but only if I could shut off challengers joining in and interrupting me (which to my knowledge, isn’t possible).

What is the best punish with Guile if I get a drive impact stagger on them with, and without a stored down-back charge?

Btw, bless Capcom for providing online play for this even for those who aren’t subscribed to PS Plus - definitely a nice surprise to me.
When your are selecting a server, don't pick North America, and click the right thumb stick(R3). You're welcome. Don't tell anyone, it's a secret to everybody 🤫

This is a brilliant game. The energy and vibe of IV was tighter, but im pretty sure the gameplay here is superior. I'm not sure it is as pure as SFIV

I think SFIV had a special ability to reach the UFC/wrestling crowd at launch, before it went anime. Maybe this will do the same and I'm out of touch.

Naked Lunch

I really wanted to like this but its not vibing with me at all.
It feels like a 3d fighter almost, the way the moves even normals animate out so slow.
It seems like its all about the green parry dash cancel crap but the basic fighting game behind that when not using it is so basic and unremarkable.
So you hold a button to parry? Seems way way too basic.
I donno - SF3 is like a billion times the game this is. Not even close.
Maybe I just need more time, and maybe ill eat these words - but never played a SF that felt so wrong on first impression.

Hate the fortnite overcoat - and running around this lobby. Like it took me 30 minutes just to figure out how to practice a match, hah.
I just want a menu to practice or find people and play.
Old man rant over.

If anyone could recommend a good 'this is the basics' video maybe that would help.
Usually you dont have to learn indepth systems to have fun in SF but this feels like it might be.

It feels like a 3d fighter almost, the way the moves even normals animate out so slow.
It seems like its all about the green parry dash cancel crap but the basic fighting game behind that when not using it is so basic and unremarkable.
Maybe I just need more time, and maybe ill eat these words - but never played a SF that felt so wrong on first impression.

Hate the fortnite overcoat - and running around this lobby. Like it took me 30 minutes just to figure out how to practice a match, hah.
Old man rant over.

If anyone could recommend a good 'this is the basics' video maybe that would help.
Usually you dont have to learn indepth systems to have fun in SF but this feels like it might be.
Holding the parry drains Drive Gauge, but it's automatic. Timing the parry is harder, but gives you Drive Gauge on success as well as a slow down on physical hits. Maybe read up on the game more, but I get what you are saying in general. It does feel strange, more so than either SFIV or SFV did, but that's honestly what I love about this series. Every game stands on it's own.

Vesper has done a good job at explaining and exploring everything in the game so far.

Last edited:
Thanks man, that worked a treat. My goodness Kimberly seems complex to learn, but sticking to Guile isn’t *that* fun.
Feels good to hit training mode uninterrupted in a new game. Kimberly definitely needs some lab time. She has some crazy mix-ups. Pretty strange how she has so obviously been influenced by Ibuki as well, but it hasn't been mentioned at all so far.

Dr. Suchong

Played a bit last night and really enjoyed it.
Hub is pretty cool.
Didn't really dive into the new mechanics, I just wanted to main Guile and pretend I'm Daigo or something.
What's going on with the excessive blur or chromatic aberration?
Definitely seems more fleshed out than 5 at this point, but then that's no massive achievement.
Feeling positive so far.
At 44 I could still hold my own too (although my hands are feeling it today)

fallingdove

Old man rant over.

I don’t see the Drive Parry as a parry at all. More like an armored block. I feel like the real parry is the Drive Impact which requires you anticipate attacks but also allows you to go on the offensive.

I think the Drives need to be balanced a bit. Impact and EX moves seem much more useful than the rest but I like where the team is headed.

Street Fighter sequels (6 included) got much better for me when I realized 3S was never going to be re-created and each title had to be looked at on its own merits. I still don’t particularly like 5 — the cast, the art style, the modes, the core gameplay didn’t quite connect for me but I appreciated that there was just enough street fighter in there to allow the series to experiment with unique mechanics.

Dr. Suchong

I had no trouble in vs tbh.
Most are scrubby kens doing the usual flowchart bullshit.

GrayDock

Just so you guys know, PS4 sticks don't work in SF 6, or at least not in this beta...
Now what to do... Buy a new one or go the padhack route, like I did converting my SFIV PS3 stick so I could use with PS3 and PS4 games... Is there any cheap PS5 controller?

Top Bottom