• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 6 beta

SHA

"Patients getting their hands on before the others like it will give them an edge" Edition. FYI, being edgy doesn't make you better.

Last edited:

baphomet

I had pretty harsh first impressions of this game - but it completely won me over before the beta weekend was over.
Now weeks later - I need to play it again - like a crack fiend.

The soundtrack is incredible - they arent just going for another stale remix ost. Listen to Blanka's tune if you havent yet.
Capcom is onto something special here.

If you're on PC there's ways to still play the beta.

45077900om.jpg

nbkicker

For me hopefully just another month till capcom cup final and hopefully the last three characters will be revealed as from the very first trailer ive been waiting to see cammy reveal, but so far looking forward to trying out all the characters, plus seen on you tube people already been modding the characters so looks like I’ll definitely be getting on ps5 and pc

Blanka looks fun, especially his double roll. I was hoping to see some EX electricity or if that’s even possible. JP reminds me of a KOF boss.
If it's anything like his VT2, it's going to be pretty crazy. He can do like 5 in a row and bring you nearly off the top of the screen, or use them to mix/cross up.

Marisa looks so much like Abigail functionally. Abigail's animations looked like be was brute forcing everything with a lack of technique (he didn't need it with that much power), but her animations look strong but with proper technique. Similar to how Q would often mess up his moves or look off balanced, while G had the same moves, but done with much more style and grace. She also has hair that's a character trait, like Abigail's maple leaf cut.

Last edited:

Mess

It's my favorite since third strike, everything just clicked for me.

That's the great thing about SF, since they tweak the formula for each iteration it stays fresh, but it's hit and miss for most players I guess. 3S is my favorite and I don't like what I'm seeing but maybe it'll click when I get to play it. Who knows =)

Naked Lunch

SF6 is very, very slow - and thats a good thing.
The entire game is based around seeing actions and reacting to them - not guessing them.

I cannot stand the push for every game to be faster and faster. From fighting games to FPS games.
Fuck super fast games.

Street Fighter 30th anniversary forces SF Alpha 3 to be played online at the fastest speed. The game is unplayable nonsense at that speed - completly ruined the game.
A game like Halo needs to be played at a slower pace - not faster. Same with this SF6 - it just feels right with enough time to get used to it.

nbkicker

Blanka vs jp official 4k clip, plus same for me played every streetfighter since the first and enjoyed them all, also played in the last beta and really enjoyed it, cant say while playing i thought this is to slow, felt right

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned

Blanka vs jp official 4k clip, plus same for me played every streetfighter since the first and enjoyed them all, also played in the last beta and really enjoyed it, cant say while playing i thought this is to slow, felt right

SF6 felt slow? Really?

Doesnt look like that from this footage

Rickyiez

The speed is definitely on par with SF4 and SF5 . There're some animations like throw tech and special moves that need to be improved , and I'm sure it will get better during release .

Also good player , especially pros makes the game looks much faster .

Last edited:

amigastar

I'm still not convinced by the graphics style of SF6 but i will play it nonetheless.
It would be cool also if Gootecks and Mike Ross would come back with their show for SF6.

nbkicker

Game is looking better every-time it shown, June cant come soon enough, although looks like lily vs cammy developer match could be next one, hopefully tomoro

Hot5pur

Love the music and the gameplay is top notch.
Really hoping for another beta, though since they've had two already I doubt they need it, maybe an open beta to network test, would not be unwise.
Between this and Diablo IV I should be set for the rest of the year starting in June.

Hot5pur

I really wish we'd stop bumping this thread because every time it gets my hopes up for an open beta.

Also that Cammy and Manon fight, so good.
There is a gif on the SF reddit where Cammy's booty giggles as she does a back leg kick. It looks hypnotizing and makes you hungry.

Hot5pur

Ok thread bump worthy rumor:
Open beta later this month.
Some streamer or person with inside knowledge accidentally dropped it

Last edited:
Top Bottom