• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 6 is releasing in 2023

Fake

It seems like all characters have body physics and even Chun’s ass jiggles with every kick.

And people over Twitter saying 'PoSt ThIs To ScArY GaMeRz'

If the leakers are true, the chinese assassin girl will be even more sexy.

From Kinda Funny Twitch:
  • It's crossplay between all versions
  • It uses a new rollback, not the SFV one. They were aware of the issues and concerns
  • They didn't play online, but the offline input lag felt great

Very nice! I heard for SFV they technically took GGPO but used a hacked version that didn't turn out great (probably because they only had one guy do the entire netcode). So I'm hopeful netcode will be much better in this one.

Modders are gonna be happy 😁

It seems like all characters have body physics and even Chun’s ass jiggles with every kick.

One of the perks of the RE Engine I'm sure.

Chun-Li generally looks better in the recent videos floating around, as opposed to the trailer cut for the Sony event. Proportionally, her upper and lowers body is a bit out of whack, at times, though it depends on the movement and stance. Regardless, I don't expect she'll visually change much and am interested to see how the model looks in different outfits.

Otherwise, I could do without the busy and garish art direction for the overall presentation package, but that's gonna be what it's gonna be, unless down-the-road the game gets a Super-esque overhaul. The hands-on videos do present a more compelling product, though Capcom really needs to give the background characters a bit of an upgrade (at least their dead-ass faces).

Stuart360

I think overall the graphics look really good, but that paint effect thing just looks weird. I would of preffered a Killer Instinct style particle effect or something.

Life

Already looks so much better than 5 for many reasons. V had serious balancing issues - characters who were very meter dependent hardly ever got to use supers. IN 6, super meter is always building and ex moves are part of the drive meter instead. Regardless of who you play with or against, super damage is definitely gonna be a big part of every round.

Good riddance to the unbalanced V-system.

Last edited:
Quite decent looking in graphics and art style, technically impressive. It's not my dream style but better than the IV/V goofy look. Really liking the stage/background designs so far, they were poor in V.

Not seen Ken yet but hope to god they don't go with new banana hair and give him so cool looking hair please ala SF II. Lets get away from the mess of IV/V.

Last edited:

amigastar

I'm sure the Dev team was told "Guys, no Banana Hair this time, ok?" :messenger_grinning_smiling:
Some interesting things Justin mentions, like going into neutral after teching throw.

Last edited:
Very nice! I heard for SFV they technically took GGPO but used a hacked version that didn't turn out great (probably because they only had one guy do the entire netcode). So I'm hopeful netcode will be much better in this one.
They didn't use GGPO, they strait up tried making there own GGPO as a alternative called "Kagemusha." Then it was reported they apparently only had 1 guy working on SFV's netcode till launch....... I presume that didn't mean Kagemusha itself was only made by 1 person, but it would mean only 1 person added it to SFV, not sure. Total clusterfuck either way.

Last edited:

Venza

Banned
rdt_20220611_1634532061206468632948997_bv3v.jpg

__chun_li_street_fighter_and_1_more_drawn_by_cutesexyrobutts__2ccd6b53742ab0594aa93edabec3de31.jpg

Last edited:

Aggelos

41 minutes of gameplay by the folks of IGN Japan

Their impression after getting the chance to play SF6 for around 2 hours.

They didn't use GGPO, they strait up tried making there own GGPO as a alternative called "Kagemusha." Then it was reported they apparently only had 1 guy working on SFV's netcode till launch....... I presume that didn't mean Kagemusha itself was only made by 1 person, but it would mean only 1 person added it to SFV, not sure. Total clusterfuck either way.

Yeah, it was a disaster all around with the netcode. Then when hackers made it a bit better on PC, they banned it across PC & console instead of just applying the PC fix to the PS4 version. Maybe there were legal reasons why they did it that way, but I remember seeing some players not very happy with the decision.

Thankfully things are looking much better on the netcode front this time; going to be mandatory if online tournaments are going to continue growing in prominence.

still not feeling this "hold buttons for parry".

That's not for Perfect Parry IIRC, just the other parry type.

I kind of don't mind if there is an easier parry option, long as the rewards are proportional to the risk and you can't spam it infinitely. It's also a good safety net between Just Defend (which was basically MotW's advanced guard) and SFIII parries, and the latter is still available as well.

Do red parries make a comeback here? Or is there another mechanic with the Drive system that serves a similar purpose (I still haven't fully read up on the Drive system quite yet).

OsirisBlack

Banned
So, if you all are paying attention, looks like every 3 level super has multiple iterations. Chun can do a series of gut punches followed by a launcher or the same series of gut punches followed by the spinning split kick to ground enemies. This is actually pretty awesome and has not been done before in SF. I wonder how you will get the different versions to go off. Also Jamie has one where he does his throat grab then goes into a series of drunken boxing moves and launches you into the air with a kick or the one that looks like a fatality where he just crushes your throat. Absolutely amazing.

yurinka

This is not exactly correct. Older games a few current ones like Tekken 7 did use a type of netcode called "delay based". GGPO, SFV, MvCi or SF6 use another type of netcode called "rollback".

Many companies develop their own implementation of rollback or delay based netcode, or license one made by someone else (like GGPO). In the case of Capcom they did develop their own rollback system by themselves -without using GGPO- called Kagemusha (CFN), which in SFV had some issues and in MvCi was very good. In SF6 they changed it, it isn't the same than in CFN, so I assume will be better version of Kagemusha than the one we saw in MvCi.

So, if you all are paying attention, looks like every 3 level super has multiple iterations. Chun can do a series of gut punches followed by a launcher or the same series of gut punches followed by the spinning split kick to ground enemies. This is actually pretty awesome and has not been done before in SF. I wonder how you will get the different versions to go off. Also Jamie has one where he does his throat grab then goes into a series of drunken boxing moves and launches you into the air with a kick or the one that looks like a fatality where he just crushes your throat. Absolutely amazing.

Now that you bring it up, I hope it means some of these Super variants will allow for combos after landing the Super, like you could do in the SFIII series i.e Chun's SA2, or doing resets like after Akuma's fireball Super (ground version) in corner setups (I forgot how you exactly do it, but it's corner-only and I think it involves MP > jab Shoryuken > cancel into another fireball Super).

That kind of stuff wasn't always easy to pull off but it added a lot of variety to the gameplay and I hope SFVI returns to allowing that with certain Super variations. I also wouldn't mind if precision were stressed more with at least the weaker-level Supers, again like in the older SF games. Where you actually had to account for spacing and juggle or hitstun state if you wanted all the hits to actually connect (or a hit to connect without you then shooting off somewhere and the opponent recovers before you do). They can still have the lenient Supers that act like Critical Arts for the most powerful Supers.

This is not exactly correct. Older games a few current ones like Tekken 7 did use a type of netcode called "delay based". GGPO, SFV, MvCi or SF6 use another type of netcode called "rollback".

Many companies develop their own implementation of rollback or delay based netcode, or license one made by someone else (like GGPO). In the case of Capcom they did develop their own rollback system by themselves -without using GGPO- called Kagemusha (CFN), which in SFV had some issues and in MvCi was very good. In SF6 they changed it, it isn't the same than in CFN, so I assume will be better version of Kagemusha than the one we saw in MvCi.

Yeah, appreciate you and the other poster clarifying on the SFV netcode. I thought the netcode for that game was a version/fork of GGPO but I guess not.

I wonder how lenient the combos are vs SFV...

Good question. I wonder if it'll have the built-in 3-frame buffer window that SFV did, because that buffer window added some leniency for basically every combo. It seemed helpful, but maybe they can have it where some combos or options offer that type of leniency but others don't.

NikuNashi

The issue here is this is fan art "fixing" her. She just looks super thin and ill to me in SF6, I don't see this problem with any of the other characters but im sure we will see as more are released.
Do you live in Asia? Serious question, as I do and I know how your eyes can be trained by your surroundings. If you are living in a western country with an obesity epidemic Im sure Chun Li looks 'super thin' as you are looking at land whales wallowing around day in day out. From Someone who lives in Asia (Tokyo), I can say SF6 Chun Li isnt remotely thin compared to the average woman's body shape here, in fact she is above average in size judging by what I've seen in the videos.

Venza

Banned
The issue here is this is fan art "fixing" her. She just looks super thin and ill to me in SF6, I don't see this problem with any of the other characters but im sure we will see as more are released.
I don’t know how Chun Li looks even remotely thin and ill. She look far more regal and experienced with this redesign. In terms of her character proportions Chuns legs alone makes your thin comment ridiculous, she’s modeled with a fit and extra thicc physique from the waist down.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Do you live in Asia? Serious question, as I do and I know how your eyes can be trained by your surroundings. If you are living in a western country with an obesity epidemic Im sure Chun Li looks 'super thin' as you are looking at land whales wallowing around day in day out. From Someone who lives in Asia (Tokyo), I can say SF6 Chun Li isnt remotely thin compared to the average woman's body shape here, in fact she is above average in size judging by what I've seen in the videos.

Jesus what a random ass rant over nothing.

For clarification since it appears its needed, Chun Li looks thin and ill compared to her prior incarnations, mainly V since its the latest which perfected her look from Street Fighter II.

eab9dc82c0a3b0668221f45f410b1bdb

Vs

Street-Fighter-V-Chun-Li.jpg

I would have put it down to an overarching change of art style but now with the guile reveal Chun Li is the only character to look like she's lost muscle (as unbelievable as it might seem even her thighs are thinner compared to IV and V) Ryu's on the other hand has put on some (again).

So she just looks off to me, it could be the fact she's got an actual Asian skin colour too... but again... Ryu hasent, so it just makes her stand out as ill.

I am still at a loss over some comment assuming I'm comparing street fighter to real life body proportions and not the rest of the game series. Its fucking Street Fighter.

Last edited:

Rat Rage

So, from the information released so far, it seems SF6 gameplay will be entirely designed to appeal to a very casual audience, in order to get as many SF5 stream- and tournament spectators who don't participate in the game themselves, on board. Since SF6's - like SF5's - marketing will rely heavily on the tournament-streaming-scene, Capcom Cup and the likes, and their main revenue target will be online micro-transactions (constumes, characters, season passes etc.), they want to make sure any casual can have some of the experience "the good players" experience (winning, flashy combo's, hype moments) by making the game as casual as fuck. That's why they've introduced the "hold button" parry system and this god-awful auto commentating feature.

I predict that SF6 is not gonna be a real fighting game, but merely an easily consumable service product. Basically it's gonna be a oldskool (skillbased, no aim asist, etc.) vs. modern CoD shooter (easily to consume, execute, with auto aim, regeneration health, etc.) situation.

still not feeling this "hold buttons for parry".
I don't mind it, what's getting on my nerves is that the auto-parry refills your top gauge(I forget what it's called). It should delpete it, I hope they change it. You shouldn't be rewarded for missing a parry, essentially your prize for missing the beat is taking no block damage. That's not cool.
Edit-
Besides that, this game is looking sick as fuck. I'm hyped.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I wonder if Sheng Long will mark his return in this.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Jesus what a random ass rant over nothing.

For clarification since it appears its needed, Chun Li looks thin and ill compared to her prior incarnations, mainly V since its the latest which perfected her look from Street Fighter II.

eab9dc82c0a3b0668221f45f410b1bdb

Vs

Street-Fighter-V-Chun-Li.jpg

I would have put it down to an overarching change of art style but now with the guile reveal Chun Li is the only character to look like she's lost muscle (as unbelievable as it might seem even her thighs are thinner compared to IV and V) Ryu's on the other hand has put on some (again).

So she just looks off to me, it could be the fact she's got an actual Asian skin colour too... but again... Ryu hasent, so it just makes her stand out as ill.

I am still at a loss over some comment assuming I'm comparing street fighter to real life body proportions and not the rest of the game series. Its fucking Street Fighter.

She hasn’t lost muscle. She just lost the tumors that Composed most of her leg mass.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
She hasn’t lost muscle. She just lost the tumors that Composed most of her leg mass

FUVYSPCagAAsJ7Z

Actually looking at it, her upper thighs have got thicker and her lower thinner, so she's got some prime turkey drum sticks, more tumor than before... so if your point is that they did that

Her ass is alot more rounded now, I guess it's the fact her ass is more rounded now rather than musclular that it makes the other parts of her look smaller like her forearm. She just looks out of proportion from what I'm familiar with.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
FUVYSPCagAAsJ7Z

Actually looking at it, her upper thighs have got thicker and her lower thinner, so he's got some prime turkey drum sticks, more tumor than before... so if your point is that they did that

Her ass is alot more rounded now, I guess it's the fact her ass is more rounded now rather than musclular that it makes the other parts of her look smaller like her forearm. She just looks out of proportion from what I'm familiar with.

Huh. Genuinely thought her legs were smaller now, from the reveal trailer. Honestly though, I don’t see this as any issue at all. She still looks fantastic and looks like she will be utterly fun to play.

Fake

Huh. Genuinely thought her legs were smaller now, from the reveal trailer. Honestly though, I don’t see this as any issue at all. She still looks fantastic and looks like she will be utterly fun to play.

People are saying her legs are even bigger. Never make any metric on this.

STARSBarry

Gold Member

oh for sure (at least I hope so, didn't care much for V due to V meter, and while I am not sure how a counter system will feel in street fighter il give it a shot, I enjoy it in other anime fighters that I play including it) However I think its because iv been staring at Chun-Li on a screen in one form or another for almost 3 decades now, this is the first time I thought she looked weird to me, at least out of proportion.

Will give it a shot like any of the other fighters though, no reason not too the new open world campaign has me intrigued.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
oh for sure (at least I hope so, didn't care much for V due to V meter, and while I am not sure how a counter system will feel in street fighter il give it a shot, I enjoy it in other anime fighters that I play including it) However I think its because iv been staring at Chun-Li on a screen in one form or another for almost 3 decades now, this is the first time I thought she looked weird to me, at least out of proportion.

Will give it a shot like any of the other fighters though, no reason not too the new open world campaign has me intrigued.

I have been having that feeling ever since SF entered 3D, to be honest. 4 and 5 did *not* do it for me in terms of design or art direction. SF6 is the first time the series made me go “Holy crap, this looks *really* damn good!” In 3D.

yurinka

Interview from Easy Allies (Brand Manager, person in charge of marketing & PR):

• They want to make a SF for people of all skill levels, adding a lot of depth for tournament players or making it very accessible to new players. Their idea is to make it easy to learn, hard to master
  • To help new players, beyond adding the easy controls in the World Tour you will learn the techniques with your avatar character and build these fighting skills
  • Still can't talk about fighting money or monetization
  • World Tour will also feature new (post SF3) lore elements but also remind character backgrounds or legacy stuff
  • Fighting ground will feature the game modes from SFV and they still have more to add in the future
  • Will talk more about game modes and the netcode in future events (confirmed rollback and crossplay again)
Another interview from Gamespot with the director and producer of the game (same ones from SFV):

Top Bottom