• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street fighter 6 looks mid imo

Hmmmm...

TcnzdRZ.jpg

I was afraid of this, but Marisa is having the same issue Zarya had in Overwatch. Terrible outfits and DLC outfits because they don't know how to design around a highly muscular female build in a cool way.

It literally took multiple seasons(including drawing from other Blizzard games for inspiration), just to give her a few nice outfits:

maxresdefault.jpg

csZGEDtq4dJzDUUvB6JbFI9fgGXy16mctrFs4boKDbY.png

kt1s4JM.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Either history repeats itself and Marisa mains are going to have to just wait for months and months(or years) for one good skin, or Capcom will realize their mistake early on and start giving her more cool/outlandish stuff that fits her physique better and looks fun.

These outfits could work for Marisa: Something from Monster Hunter, Onimusha Armor, Hunk-style(Umbrella Soldier) Outfit, Mega Man Sigma Outfit, Lost Planet 2 Outfit, etc.

They have to go wild and fun or it won't work. A terrible looking suit isn't the way.

Last edited:
NGL the gameplay is a lot smoother than it looks on youtube. Definitely feels there is more of a neutral again like 4 and prior. Im surprised i cant do jab combos anymore(or maybe its because im using ken for the first time). Drive impact spam into level 3 supers is fun.

Also how come everyone online is a scrub. I thought the more hardcore crowd would be showing up for midnight release.

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Good God, I hate this so much:

This whole Gen Z-TikTok-neon blue & purple-mainstream-woke vibe is so off-putting to me.

I've been playing SF since 1991 / 1992 when SF2 WW released but I just can't stand SF6 aesthetic and direction.
Guess I'm not their target audience anymore... sadly.

the simpsons adult GIF

I have a switch so I ain’t gonna get to play this game so what do I know.

sigmaZ

Welp. Bought and played the game for an hour and refunded it on Steam. I think if you love fighting games and the adventure mode clicks with you, you might like it. For me it just felt subpar (like an old Yakuza game) and the voice acting and writing is horrendous. There's so many other games coming out I just didn't think it was worth the time.

nbkicker

Cant wait for the snowflakes to cry when the swimsuit costumes come out, for me bought the ultimate editions on pc £89.99 and ps5 £99.99 and then spent just over £18 on fighter coins on steam so could unlock all slot 2 costumes, and spend £3.99 on uk so could unlock cammy , juri, chun and two other outfits

NT80

I'm not sure who they think whatever that first thing you see upon launching the game appeals to. Takes WAY too long to just let me play the actual fighter straight away W T F
Yes that presenter is horrible. I just wanted to get into practice mode and try stuff out but if felt like there were way too many hoops to jump through before I could do something as simple as that.

nbkicker

If u just wanted to practise or do arcade just go into fighting ground, then skip any intro etc from first loading streetfighter to playing was less then a min, no waiting at all , if u going though world tour etx then there gonna be delays as they ment for beginners and people new to the series so it gonna hold yr hand and take u through everything

GreatnessRD

Just came to say I'm a fraud. As noted in this thread, I too believe SF6 is mid looking (And play like it from the demo) However, I bought the $100 version and I feel dirty. I have terrible family and friends who coerced me into buying that version. I haven't bought a regular priced game in YEARS.

Optimal ass whooping is coming for all those motherfuckas!

• Triggered
Reactions: Fuz

NT80

Having played the full version on PC with all the characters and stages available I think it looks really good. Don't know about World Tour mode but the core game looks great.
The demo with that 1 bland stage and only 2 characters didn't give as good an impression.

Hot5pur

Graphically, I like how the game looks, but artistically, the characters look awful. Stylistically, this game looks like Fortnite Fighter 6.
Yes artistically SFV had something that felt a bit more special about it. The characters just felt cooler. The graphics in this one are definitely better but the artstyle sometimes borders on generic, or at least inconsistent, like Cammy is well designed, but Ken and Ryu look lame. It's like the game doesn't have strong cohesion across its visual design. Still going to get it as it seems world tour is actually decent and the fighting itself is good (despite the visual clutter with drive rushes or whatever)
That's pretty interesting. Seems they wanted to go for a realism / cartoon hybrid. Not sure pure realism will work for SF, it will lose some if its iconic style and look too close to Tekken or DOA. Perhaps what they achieved is suitable but still feels like there is something off.

Top Bottom