• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 6 - Open Beta Announced for May 19-21

Draugoth

Gold Member

You've all been asking and the time has come! Play the Open Beta for Street Fighter 6 from May 19-21 on PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and Steam. The content of the Open Beta is the same as Closed Beta Test #2, which means 8 characters, the Battle Hub experience, and online crossplay!

Knightime_X

Let's go!
200.gif

Last edited:

Hot5pur

Kinda nice. Missed the second open beta because lost interest after the first...BUT willing to give this another chance.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Found out my arcade stick is broken. I can't jam on a pad as hard as I try. My hands just hurt like a bitch after 20 minutes...

I was looking online since this was the SFxT madcatz stick from a long time ago that I put an octo gate into.

Are the Monoprice Dark Matter, or Mayflash F500 elites good sticks? Reviews on amazon show great reviews, and the sanwa parts + already has octo gate + low prices on each seem like a no brainer. Wasn't sure if anyone tried or owns either of these? I really can't be spending $250-$300 on a stick... $100-$125 seems fair.

Hot5pur

Played a bit, it's not bad, but nothing remarkable either.
Aesthetically it's still all over the place, the characters feels more like washed up has-beens than cool fighters.
Game just lacks energy and wow factor, doesn't help that it already looks somewhat dated.
The fighting is fine, very similar to 5 but feels somewhat slower and more intentional. I might prefer it to 5's combat.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Aesthetically it's still all over the place, the characters feels more like washed up has-beens than cool fighters.
Game just lacks energy and wow factor, doesn't help that it already looks somewhat dated.
The fighting is fine, very similar to 5 but feels somewhat slower and more intentional. I might prefer it to 5's combat.
It feels a lot more like SF3 than 5. Especially Ken and Ryu.

Needlecrash

Found out my arcade stick is broken. I can't jam on a pad as hard as I try. My hands just hurt like a bitch after 20 minutes...

I was looking online since this was the SFxT madcatz stick from a long time ago that I put an octo gate into.

Are the Monoprice Dark Matter, or Mayflash F500 elites good sticks? Reviews on amazon show great reviews, and the sanwa parts + already has octo gate + low prices on each seem like a no brainer. Wasn't sure if anyone tried or owns either of these? I really can't be spending $250-$300 on a stick... $100-$125 seems fair.
Honestly, get a Hori stick and call it a day.

MagnesD3

My small time with the beta has been a blast, I've gotten a constant stream of well running matches. Unfortunately I'll probably have to return my steam copy for a psv copy due to screen tearing I can't seem to fix without vsync..

Lokaum D+

Where is my boy Gief ? Did a little play and got to Gold and i m done with this beta, i can tell that combat feels a lot "heavier" and slow if u compare to SF5, the battle hub is the worst addition, the person who had the battle hub ideia should be fired and music is trash imo.

Also, Drive Impact should cost a lot more of the Driver Gauge to be more tactician and prevent Drive Impact spammers.

Last edited:

MrMephistoX

Chunster is closer to SFIII and IV and I really did not like what they did with her in V: gameplay wise I’m loving it but it’s a shame to your point it’s just not visually quite popping.

Hoppa

J
So where the fuck is training mode in this
This looks so complexed
Just go onto an empty arcade machine and you can start practice mode.

I like the game so far! Think I’ve clicked with Kimberly the most. Has Chun always had that sitting stance?

Lokaum D+

So where the fuck is training mode in this
This looks so complexed
U have to enter battle hub, sit on an arcade, select player 1 or 2 and u ll be given the option to select "solo training" but just until someone else join u on that arcade.

Last edited:
With Kimberly it feels like Jab Fighter 4 is back.
Even though she's based on Guy her cf.MK is the same slide as SF4 Ibuki's and she has similar hit confirms.

Playing her almost like SF4 Ibuki works really well. Even found kind of a new (kunai-less) mini vortex.
Also Kim's combos are insanely fun.

All depends on finding a character you enjoy playing.
For me the SSF4-fun is finally back (never could get into SF5).

If they bring back Fei Long for SSF6 this might turn into my favorite SF.

SkylineRKR

Sadly I couldn't get past the Link ID screen. Even though I did link my PSN account. After 30 minutes of trying and creating a new account I gave up. No SF6 for me. I wasn't planning on buying it anyway, but I was curious still.

Grinded like crazy last night. It’s different for sure, the game seems to be all about flash, everyone spamming drive rush and supers like they are going out of style lol, big spectacle for the casuals, smart move by Capcom lol

It’s fun and visually a treat though. Seems better than 5 so far, offense seems to be rewarded much more, which I like. I like Kim a lot. Guile and Juri seem like they will be very strong too.

MrMephistoX

Grinded like crazy last night. It’s different for sure, the game seems to be all about flash, everyone spamming drive rush and supers like they are going out of style lol, big spectacle for the casuals, smart move by Capcom lol

It’s fun and visually a treat though. Seems better than 5 so far, offense seems to be rewarded much more, which I like. I like Kim a lot. Guile and Juri seem like they will be very strong too.
I’m glad I gave the beta a chance because I’m really loving it: I’ve never been a Shoto fan so I needed to try it with Chun-Li to be sold. I really never got into her play style in V but am loving the changes here.

Naked Lunch

I cant react to drive impact to save my life, I've got a long way to go.
Takes a while to learn to react for sure. Im pretty sure a base blue parry works against it too which is easier to pull off.
The Drive Impact stuff becomes predictable after awhile - noob players will spam it no doubt.

Last edited:

nikos

Since this seems to be the same beta, I’m really hoping the final game feels better. Not sure which build the demo is on but it’s also missing basic features like allowing you to select your monitor’s native resolution unless your running one of the few that are available.

Something about the game also feels weird. Someone described it as feeling like a streamed game and that’s pretty accurate.

nbkicker

Got to say loving getting the chance to play with more charachters, for me im just finding a room with next to no one in and then finding a quiet corner so can just practise some combo with the different characters,not bothered about playing agaisnt anyone, cant wait till the official release can see me sinking massive amount of hrs into this game

nbkicker

8K3xOsx.jpg

Well ive been using my venom controller that got yrs ago, that put in my own custom art and upgraded all the buttons and stick to sanwa parts, once sf6 is out and ive took a load of ingame screenshots will be able to create some artwork to go in

gunstarhero

Replaced my BenQ and picked up this new monitor to put in my arcade cabinet for the release of SF6. Really impressed - especially for the price.

While the BenQ is an amazing monitor for fighting games in general, playing SF6 in 4k @120hz is a on a whole new level. Can't get over how good this game looks!

Got to say loving getting the chance to play with more charachters, for me im just finding a room with next to no one in and then finding a quiet corner so can just practise some combo with the different characters,not bothered about playing agaisnt anyone, cant wait till the official release can see me sinking massive amount of hrs into this game
I spent like 1/2 the first day doing this, now I feel like I have a decent grasp on the new mechanics

How do you do a ranked match? Says Fighting Ground unavailable.
Press square while in the battle hub, you will see options to turn on ranked and casual matches. Then just wait around for a match.

If you sit at a machine it will end matchmaking so you can fight the people in your room.

MagnesD3

Takes a while to learn to react for sure. Im pretty sure a base blue parry works against it too which is easier to pull off.
The Drive Impact stuff becomes predictable after awhile - noob players will spam it no doubt.
Hmm I didnt try parry, most of the time I get hit when I need to cancel into it after a normal is absorbed, right now it just doesnt trigger in my brain quick enough, Ive fought someone who reacted everytime like a cpu though even at tricky moments and I was like damn.

Last edited:
the beta has been really fun, almost exclusively played Kimberly, she’s super cool. Think I’ll be nice and ready for when the game drops. Would have loved to try Manon, but I guess the games launch isn’t far now.

Ran into some modern players, and yup it’s complete bullshit, instant reactions to whatever you do is straight dumb. I just started blocking every person I ran into that was playing Modern. They can take their control scheme and their shitty wifi and go play with each other while the rest of us play Street Fighter.

Last edited:
the beta has been really fun, almost exclusively played Kimberly, she’s super cool. Think I’ll be nice and ready for when the game drops. Would have loved to try Manon, but I guess the games launch isn’t far now.

Ran into some modern players, and yup it’s complete bullshit, instant reactions to whatever you do is straight dumb. I just started blocking every person I ran into that was playing Modern. They can take their control scheme and their shitty wifi and go play with each other while the rest of us play Street Fighter.
I've been learning Juri and getting used to the systems with the older cast. The shotos feel really different and Guile is just busted. Really good normals and boom loops. Flip kick beats EVERYTHING.

I've been learning Juri and getting used to the systems with the older cast. The shotos feel really different and Guile is just busted. Really good normals and boom loops. Flip kick beats EVERYTHING.
Ya Guile is very strong! He’s gonna be a problem for sure. Juri is strong too, but in a different way.
The game just feels so fresh, I’m liking it way better than 5. I do hope Bison makes it in at some point, story be damned.

Hot5pur

Wait so isn't that the whole point of modern controls, to enable players to do whatever move they want without having to fight the execution barrier? Then you are really facing off against how quickly a person can think/anticipate/react rather than their ability to press buttons or move levers. So on the whole Capcom may have achieved exactly what they intended.

Sounds to me like modern controls may just be a better way to experience the game then. Ultimately one day they may wire our brains directly to the videogame and you will be able to do moves just by thinking about them. Seems as long as the game is the same (frame data, etc) the input method shouldn't matter.

Needlecrash

I really had fun playing the beta personally. The game feels like it gives you a LOT of options for offense, defense and most importantly, NEUTRAL.

Kimberly and Guile are gonna be a fucking problem lol. I got mixed up to hell by a really good Kimberly. She's DEFINITELY nasty in the wrong hands for sure. She's got really good tools too. Guile is just strong in general. Not much to be said about him.

I'll be uploading some matches in YT in a few today. I pretty much used Ken this weekend. I didn't have much time to lab out combos, punishes, etc but I just did what was natural.

nbkicker

Totally enjoyed it, origonally was gonna purchase on ps5 and pc, but cancelled the ps5 version and will just play on steam as it cheaper for full edition, will get it also on ps5 once there a sale sometime in future, but will look better on my pc and there will be costume mods on pc

Top Bottom