• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection listed for PS4/XB1 on German website Coolshop

BasilZero

Only for PS4/Xbox?

Would love for it to come to pc but if not I will get it for my PS4.

Alpha 3 max better be in it 👹

LordKano

Only for PS4/Xbox?

Would love for it to come to pc but if not I will get it for my PS4.

Alpha 3 max better be in it 👹

I can't see the thing not coming to PC with SFV being there and I would be baffled if isn't on Switch as well considering USF2 sales.

Neonep

If they put Alpha 3 Max on this thing....
tumblr_nmcq4zNr1r1u5gtpvo6_r1_500.gif

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Would love this on PC to avoid paying fees for multiplayer.

I have to wonder if this will damage the player base for SFV on PS4 (and PC if it goes there).

Skilletor

Would love this on PC to avoid paying fees for multiplayer.

I have to wonder if this will damage the player base for SFV on PS4 (and PC if it goes there).

The people that want to keep playing old games is a niche of a niche within fighters. People that want to play old SF games can go do them on toasters of a laptop with far better netcode than we have for most fighters on consoles now.

This won't matter in the grand scheme of things.

NKSplitter

Neo Member
¡HarlequinPanic!;244790218 said:
Great so if Xbox players get all of the old street fighters can they expect to play the most recent installment soon? /s

Street Fighter 5 is off the table for Xbox, but Capcom could always release Street Fighter: Special Current Release Edition

Neoxon

¡HarlequinPanic!;244790218 said:
Great so if Xbox players get all of the old street fighters can they expect to play the most recent installment soon? /s
Street Fighter 5 is off the table for Xbox, but Capcom could always release Street Fighter: Special Current Release Edition
Capcom can't release SFV on XB1 or Switch in any form, unless MS &/or Nintendo slips Sony a massive check.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
3SOE didn't damage the SF4 playerbase on PS3 and 360.
That was arguably a healthier player base, though, right?
The people that want to keep playing old games is a niche of a niche within fighters. People that want to play old SF games can go do them on toasters of a laptop with far better netcode than we have for most fighters on consoles now.

This won't matter in the grand scheme of things.
I'm sure you're right about it being a niche of a niche. Sometimes it's easy to forget the actual frequency of these types of players when they seem to be so vocal in their distaste for SFV.

JusDoIt

So how much will this cost? Its gonna upset a lot of people if its $40.

37€ is $43, so if this is real $40 seems to be the most likely number. We don't know what it is yet, but if it's 2 or more classic Street Fighters ported close to arcade perfect with online multiplayer, $40 seems reasonable.

Head.spawn

No Alpha makes me sad.

I was wondering why they never made 3rd Strike backwards compatible, I guess this answers that question.

Shadoken

I want more stuff like this in SFV. The pros will cry, but unique character interactions and mechanics is dope.

Umm If anything pros will be happy , coz unique interactions can be used to balance out certain matchups.

Like maybe Cody does really well against Rolento , and that neat gimmick in the gif can maybe help the matchup with some unblockable super setup.

But that would actually require effort from Capcom so no it wont happen. They cant even be arsed to put rival dialogues in intro like previous SFs.

JusDoIt

The dream for me is two games from each series.

SFII: Hyper Fighting, Super Turbo

SFA: Alpha 2, Alpha 3

SFIII: Second Impact, 3rd Strike

What I expect?

Hyper SFII or USFII.

Alpha 3.

3rd Strike.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Sounds cool and all but how bad are these games gonna look on our nice HDTV's

dlauv

Jesus Christ. No alpha? No SF1 for shits and giggles? Probably just last-gen Digital Marketplace ports. No thanks, Capcom.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Just do an entire Street Fighter Collection Capcom.

Street Fighter
Street Fighter 2
Street Fighter 2 Hyper
Street Fighter 2 Champion
Super Street Fighter 2
Street Fighter 3 Third Strike
Street Fighter 4
Ultra Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition
Street Fighter Alpha 1/2/3
Street Fighter EX plus a

All in one collection.

Top Bottom