• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist Released, Entire Series Available Now

FYC

Banned
Watch

After a ton of promotional work that slowly built up hype for the project, Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist is now finally available online. This live-action series, developed by the creators of the short film Street Fighter: Legacy, follows Ryu and Ken as they learn the past of their master Gouken, his brother Akuma, and Goutetsu, the legendary martial artist who trained them both.

http://shoryuken.com/2014/05/23/street-fighter-assassins-fist-released-entire-series-available-now/

Machinima is also streaming the series live on Twitch.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Ah sweet! I will give it a watch once I get out of work

Auskeek

I can't believe it finally happened. Been waiting for this ever since that first Street Fighter Legacy video came out.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Ken looks good but man Ryu, do you even lift bro?

TheChits

They got
Ono
to be in this
KuGsj.gif

Wow, this is actually pretty good. Watched the first 2 episodes and I love how it's trying to fit in lore and some key reasons why the characters are the way they are and why they're here. Sure the production values are what they are (fitting in any case) and Ken's hair is ridiculous but still very accurate, based on the Alpha series.

Off to watch some more.

I just watched the alpha and the first four episodes, and I gotta say, I'm having a really good feeling about this so far.

They kept some iconic moves without making them look too silly, they did pretty well with the characters (Ken is spot-on), and I like the atmosphere and the fights so far. More than anything, it feels like Street Fighter and it stays loyal to the series.

Also,
Ono
being true to himself was awesome.

Anteater

yea ken is pretty good, although the hadoken and yelling out move names is kind of goofy, I guess it's the nature of a video game adaptation, not bad so far.

Can this series be 'purchased'? If so from where?

Machinima have a brief 'exclusive' period on it, and then a blu-ray/DVD with a ton of extras will be available. That cut is a theatrical cut, too, so it's all strung together as one long movie of almost two hours.

Shouta

Watched the first episode. That was really amazing. Wow. Definitely going to watch the rest of this tonight.

entremet

Wow, this is actually pretty good. Watched the first 2 episodes and I love how it's trying to fit in lore and some key reasons why the characters are the way they are and why they're here. Sure the production values are what they are (fitting in any case) and Ken's hair is ridiculous but still very accurate, based on the Alpha series.

Off to watch some more.

I love the Alpha series art direction. The 3 series had better animation no doubt, but i loved the Alpha designs so much. Still my favorite Ryu--dat Red hair.

Tizoc

Machinima have a brief 'exclusive' period on it, and then a blu-ray/DVD with a ton of extras will be available. That cut is a theatrical cut, too, so it's all strung together as one long movie of almost two hours.

Will get the BluRay then I think I'm liking this from what little I'm watching.

Imm0rt4l

Gouki harnassed the power of the bbc. Convict conditioning and grew taller.

I'm dropping gouken for akuma if that means i can grow a little bit taller.

*plays skee-lo

hitsugi

Feels like this came out of nowhere. Will watch over the weekend, or tonight depending on how long the whole thing ends up being

Anteater

Finished ep2, really enjoying it, the fights were cool stuff too and pretty faithful to the fighting styles from the actual game :eek:

Top Bottom