• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter Collections 1 & 2

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
What was the concensus on these two compilations? Like? Dislike? I know the load times are... unfortunate, and that SFAC will largely make the two obsolete, yet...

Are they truly arcade perfect ports, aside from the loads? How's the music? What exactly IS the difference between SFC's SFA2 and the regular PSOne / Saturn SFA2?

I liked SF collection 1 for Alpha 2 gold...probally cause I HATED SSF2S
SF Collection 2: which IMO had the better games....it had SF2T!!! Yet it's REALLY hard to find.
I got the Japanese SF2AC and well since I HATED SSF2T you can image how I felt about this.

MoxManiac

SFC1 has SFA2 Gold (Cammy is hidden, few other tweaks), an upgrade to SFA2. Neither are arcade perfect. Best bet for SFA2 is to emulate the CPS2 version. Even the Saturn version of SFA2 isn't perfect...

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I've already picked up both games. SFC2 just came in today, and SFC1 should be in tomorrow or the next. Still wrapping up some other games on the Cube, so I don't have my PS2 hooked up at the moment. Thank you.

evil ways

and that SFAC will largely make the two obsolete, yet...

I disagree, you cannot play SF Champion Edition, Turbo Hyper Fighting or even regular Super on Anniversary collection, you have to put up with the cheap, exaggerated difficulty and CPU style of Super Turbo.

I always kept both Collection 1 & 2 for PSX just in case for that exact same reason.

BeOnEdge

Banned
they arent perfect. i have them all too and i THOUGHT they were perfect until started hooking my laptop to the TV for some nebula action. the home versions ALL have BUSTED dampered sound. I thought the DC version of Grand Master Challenge was the absolute best but even it sucks compared to the arcade version when you can compare em one after eachother.

doncale

Banned
I have Capcom Generation 5 for Saturn. it contains SF2 World Warrior, Champion Edition and Turbo/Hyper Fighting. they're not 100% identical to the arcade, but extremely close. resolution on Saturn results in "fatter" graphics and cuts off some of left and right side because its stretched because the resolution is a little lower, making everything bigger. this seems to be the case with all CPS1 (and i guess CPS2) ports to Saturn. also, when you jump, the backgrounds do not 'lift' the same way they do in the arcade or on Dreamcast SSF2X. other differences too, but basicly its 'like the arcade' but not exact.

Street Fighter Collection 2 on Playstation is the U.S. release of Capcom Generation 5. except some artwork was cut from the SFC2. the Playstation gets most of the graphics on the screen since its a different res from the Saturn CG5.

BenT

The Saturn port of SSF2T is broken by slowdown. That's all you need to know. Never fight in Dee-Jay's stage. :(

Thus the best (or arguably second-best) SF2 game never got a perfect-looking, perfect-playing home port. It's always one or the other. Saturn had beautiful low-res graphics but bad slowdown. Dreamcast had perfect (?) gameplay but interlacing / line-doubling (as will SFAC).

Edit: Oh yeah, I've never played the PSX version of SSF2T. Could that ... could that be the one? I can't get my hopes up.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Edit: Oops, nevermind... Umm.. Sooo... where is my PS2 Alpha collection?

Top Bottom