• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter II (30th Anniversary Edition) SNES cart - iam8bit

Vespa

islEzcS.jpg

Store

Nice looking package but $100 is a bit much for me. I do love the use of original artwork.

Dudes doing the cart manufacturing are local so that's pretty fucking rad. Won't buy anything from iam8bit but man that's something

WARNING: Use of this reproduction game cartridge (the “Product”) on the SNES gaming hardware may cause the SNES console to overheat or catch fire. The SNES hardware is deemed a vintage collectible, so please exercise extreme caution when using the Product and make sure there is fire extinguishment equipment nearby. Use of the Product is at the sole risk of the user. The Product is sold “as is”. Neither iam8bit, Inc. nor Capcom Co, Ltd. make any representation or warranty, express or implied, of any kind, including any warranty of merchantability of fitness for a particular use, or that the Product is safe to use, and iam8bit, Inc. or Capcom Co, Ltd. shall have no liability for damage to property or persons arising from use of the Product. Nintendo of America is in no way associated with the release of this Product.
huh

FinKL

So the era of "official reproduction" has begun. The vinyl of videogames.

Thanks Millenials for saving reproduction retro carts! The same people that bought the stuff to begin with lol I know my dad bought this for me

WARNING: Use of this reproduction game cartridge (the ”Product") on the SNES gaming hardware may cause the SNES console to overheat or catch fire. The SNES hardware is deemed a vintage collectible, so please exercise extreme caution when using the Product and make sure there is fire extinguishment equipment nearby. Use of the Product is at the sole risk of the user. The Product is sold ”as is". Neither iam8bit, Inc. nor Capcom Co, Ltd. make any representation or warranty, express or implied, of any kind, including any warranty of merchantability of fitness for a particular use, or that the Product is safe to use, and iam8bit, Inc. or Capcom Co, Ltd. shall have no liability for damage to property or persons arising from use of the Product. Nintendo of America is in no way associated with the release of this Product.

I lol'd, so it's a display item?

Haha I came to post a thread about this. I think it's a great idea and great way to celebrate the game. I welcome it. It also looks like it won't be the last of Capcoms ccollaborations

Is this normal for repro carts?

WARNING: Use of this reproduction game cartridge (the ”Product") on the SNES gaming hardware may cause the SNES console to overheat or catch fire. The SNES hardware is deemed a vintage collectible, so please exercise extreme caution when using the Product and make sure there is fire extinguishment equipment nearby. Use of the Product is at the sole risk of the user.

Edit: Beaten

Vespa

Dude's doing the cart manufacturing are local so that's pretty fucking rad. Won't buy anything from iam8bit but man that's something

I've not heard of these guys but that's good to know, hopefully, it means it's released with better quality assurance.
Package Design & Restoration by Jango Snow Art & Design
Manufacturing by Retrotainment Games

I'm having a hard time seeing the value in this, even as someone who buys limited run games.

I'm sorry but $100? If it was something crazy like making a snes version of Ultra Street Fighter II then maybe but....it's...just SFII? $100 is a lot of money.

I'm not interested in picking this up for Street Fighter 2 in particular, since the other SNES versions were much better and none of them are really hard to get.

But I love that we're seeing official reproduction carts be a thing. There's a lot of hard to find or excessively expensive games that could use this treatment. Plenty of people out there willing to throw down $100 on a new copy of stuff like Earthbound instead of buying an old existing cart for $200 I'm sure.

Why would the console fucking catch fire when you play it

This is the first I'm hearing of a repro causing your console to fucking COMBUST.

I remember the excitement of bringing this game home as a kid. Rocked my world.

I look at it now and I can't believe how horribly cheesy the box art is lol.

It always annoyed me how the characters were missing their walking backward animations.

Vespa

I wonder if the warning is something to do with using 3.3v Flash on a 5v bus?

There was this article that was posted fairly recently that discussed the dangers.

RCU005

They are trying to ride on the NES and SNES Classic Editions' success to get people to pay for this overpriced piece of not much nostalgia. Who is actually nostalgic about Street Fighter 2 to pay $100 for this?

Also, that warning? So, Capcom is selling a videogame cartridge and advising against playing it? They think scalpers will be all over it. I really don't think so.

The only cool thing about this is the glow-in-the-dark cartridge, but it would be much better used in other game!

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
If they added some extra frames of animation (by increasing the rom size), then *maybe*

Wishful thinking though

"Brand New Playable SNES Game"?

Meaning it's a brand new variant of SF2?

I'm betting it's not even SSF2 or SF2T... Just the vanilla World Warrior.

Not interested.

Zurick

Banned
Get the fuck out of here.

Seriously Capcom. Get the fuck out. Think this is the 192nd time they've pushed a new Street Fighter II. Now we're getting up to getting the weed strain names.

Gimme dat Opaque Ryu

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
oh iam8bit

*puts away wallet*

no thanks. ill just hold onto my original.

So the era of "official reproduction" has begun. The vinyl of videogames.
nah, vinyl actually has a purpose and no vinyl i've seen is gunna cause your player to spontaneously combust

Top Bottom