• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

LakeEarth

I have 2 xbox's, and they're both broken. The second one has been freezing within 5-10 minutes, looks like some sort of GPU error. They are old, but still.

I was JUST getting back into this game. My Necro was becoming feared.

Onemic

ggs man. I've realized that with 95% of my time with OE spent using Makoto in the lab, I still don't know jack shit in terms of how to use her. Her movement is the biggest problem for me.

RS4-

We were able to successfully address the Netcode complaints. The Netcode is identical to what’s in MvCO, which has received a great response thus far.
• Replaced Ping colors with numbers (in milliseconds).
• We added matchmaking filters for Region, Opponent Skill, and Ping. This works like MvCO, where they are managed from a separate screen for all online game modes.
• Lobbies can be created to limit players to the same region you are in.
• Fixed the 8-max lobby problem on PS3.
• Added ability to “Mute All” on PS3. 360 players can handle this through the Guide.
• Super Art gauges are now the correct length.
• Fixed the color of Urien’s reflector for Player 2.
• Fixed Ryu’s bag not flopping over correctly.

• Added ability to turn off Challenges that appear on the side of the screen.
• The Difficulty setting now affects Arcade Mode.
• Fixed the visual glitch in Remy’s stage with Scan Lines on.
• Added some graphics to indicate player color during mirror matches. We didn’t end up altering the character portraits, but instead put some colored lines next to it. This ended up looking better, and still achieves the goal of showing which player is what color(s).
• Added “Disable Stun” to training options.
• Defaulted Gill to “Banned” in Player Match.
• The selection highlight remembers the last super you selected in multi-match modes. It doesn’t auto-pick it, the cursor just starts off on the last-selected super.
• Rank should no longer get reset to 0.
• Put Ready/Unready on separate controller buttons in lobby.
• Fixed the Poison color being incorrect for Player 2.
• Fixed some random locks/hangs.
• Made some changes to how the leaderboards get updated on PS3.
• YouTube uploads on 360 will be at 360p now.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/...r-3-third-strike-online-editions-patch-notes/

Ok really, 360p. Still bad.

Gives me an excuse to play again I suppose.

54-46!

Well, they won't be fixing Q's icon, can't have everything I guess.

I wonder why they had the fan art there in the first place, seems weird since they use the proper art in the character select screen.

Archon473

Is anyone up for watching a replay with me and helping me complete a tournament? Hooray for co-op trophies in fighting games! I'm also down for friendlies and will play any cast member on request.

PSN: Archon473

WorldStar

Banned
This is my favorite Street Fighter, spent many hours playing this game with friends on PS2. I picked it up on PS3 awhile ago but never really played it.

Is the community pretty good? Maybe I'll start playing it, even though I suck pretty damn bad.

Onemic

This is my favorite Street Fighter, spent many hours playing this game with friends on PS2. I picked it up on PS3 awhile ago but never really played it.

Is the community pretty good? Maybe I'll start playing it, even though I suck pretty damn bad.

People still play on PS3. Although most people at this point are vets and not beginners.

I'm always down to play and am extremely free, so you'll be on some even ground.

WorldStar

Banned
People still play on PS3. Although most people at this point are vets and not beginners.

I'm always down to play and am extremely free, so you'll be on some even ground.

Alright sounds good.

I also am going to try to start using a fighting stick. I've had a Tekken 6 hori fighting stick laying around forever (got it for free when I bought Tekken 6). I suck exponentially more trying to use the fighting stick, but it's something I've wanted to get familiar using for a long time.

RS4-

anyone know of a good 3S dudley tut out there? As well as just a general 3S tut?

Just watch my vids on YT, dokterrhouse / yellows4

I'm joking, they're just trolling match vids. Other than actually playing, SRK is probably the best place. And youtube.

I miss playing 3s. No XBLG and I guess I could dual mod my stick and buy the game for PSN instead.

Exr

Im ExarKun-- on PSN. Been playing 3s for ages but itd be nice to play some fresh faces. Ill add some people here when I get home. Getting tired of lobbies that always have a ban on Urien...

LakeEarth

Double dipped* for the PS+ deal to have the game on PSN (since I gave up on keeping Xbox gold), it came with all the DLC so I got to watch some of the matches. Fun, but nothing I would pay for. The online on PSN is okay, there was definitely more people playing on XBL.

I was thinking of filming myself play online, ala Maximillian. Something fun, like using Q with Total Destruction. I'd just be me pointing a camera to the screen, since I don't have any actual equipment.

* for current gen systems. It's a quadruple-dip, technically (DC, Xbox, Xbox 360 and PS3).

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
  • Is the DLC worth it?
  • How's the netcode?
  • Has Iron Galaxy released patch they've been promising since forever?

Onemic

• Is the DLC worth it?
  • How's the netcode?
  • Has Iron Galaxy released patch they've been promising since forever?

- Do you like extra colours? Only realy thing that are somewhat worth paying for imo. Only extra colours I think actually look nice are Ken's, but that's just me
- In my experience netcode is pretty much near perfect relative to the competition(SF4, MvC3, etc.) It's up there with Darkstalkers, Persona 4 Arena, and Blazblue for most consistent netcode imo
- Iron Galaxy has yet to release the patch and at this point I'm pretty sure they lied and aren't going to

dusted off sf3 after almost a year.

holy shit i suck major ass now. like baaaaaaaaaaaad. or the competition is better now i dont know.

i fought the #1 ranked guy (EvasiveTJ) and where as before i could sometimes take 1 or 2 rounds in a set, i was just overwhelmed.

the #1 ranked elena was in the room too and was just having a field day with EVERYONE even TJ. seriously. Fuck Elena, such a BS character in the hands of a master.

AMBIGOUS MULTIHITTING OVERHEADS FOR EVERYONES!

LakeEarth

Pasted this in the patch thread. Got to try it out for 7-8 matches.

Firstly, no badge of honor. I'm back to being rank 24. I saw a rank 28 too so its not because I only recently went rank 0.

Connection-wise, I feel like its clearly better. I had 100-150 ping games, and they were mostly solid. No sound glitching or rollback. Later I'll try a > 200ms ping match and see how that goes.

Another nice feature I noticed was that the game immediately looks for another ranked game after a match. I always hate how Capcom fighters always take 4-5 button clicks to search for another ranked match after a ranked match. A minor convenience, but welcomed.

So far, I'm very pleased.

Marz

Been playing a lot since the patch came out.

Finally started actually learning the game and man Akuma's low health sucks when you're at a low level lmao.

Been playing a lot since the patch came out.

Finally started actually learning the game and man Akuma's low health sucks when you're at a low level lmao.

I love how Akuma plays in this compared to 4, hes my main. My backup is Q. Wish he would show up in another game.

Top Bottom