• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition: Free update arcade mode & more; $40 game+DLC bundle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVC-o8QdokQ&feature=youtu.be

Capcom Unity Post:
Prepare yourselves, Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition is coming out on January 16, 2018! If you've been spectating from the sidelines or are waiting for a reason to join the fight, now is the time! In addition to the highly-requested Arcade Mode, Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition contains a bounty of new features you'll want to check out. Let's get to it!
From the beginning, we promised that you'll only need to purchase the original Street Fighter V, which we're sticking to. All the new gameplay-related content – Arcade Mode, Extra Battle Mode, a second V-Trigger, the Gallery, and more – will be available as part of a free in-game update for current players! Those who don't currently have Street Fighter V can purchase Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition for $39.99, and it will include everything we mentioned above.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumsl...et-fighter-v-arcade-edition-coming-january-16

New Modes and Features: In addition to the main game, the following content will be included in Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition: and will be available as a free update to existing Street Fighter V players beginning on January 16:
  • Arcade Mode – choose from six different paths themed after classic Street Fighter games.
  • Gallery – unlock hundreds of illustrations as you play through Arcade Mode.
  • Extra Battle – complete timed challenges to obtain exclusive costumes throughout 2018.
  • New V-Triggers – each character will have two V-Triggers, adding even more depth to the combat system.
  • New Visuals – the user interface is being redesigned with new color schemes, revised menus and exciting pre-and-post-fight effects.
Read more at http://gematsu.com/2017/10/street-fighter-v-arcade-edition-announced-ps4-pc#8Tf7GpfXoWvG3wkp.99

DLYT4T6UIAE6z7k.jpg

DLYT6TsUEAEc58X.jpg

DLYT8jnVAAIeB8V.jpg

DLYUeauVwAAdlXi.jpg

Neoxon

I guess we'll get more info at NYCC. Also, it's nice to see Rashid & Menat get highlighted (given their popularity).

I also noticed quite a few new stages in the background.

qatak

Neo Member
didn't they say they wouldn't be releasing new versions of the game? or has that plan just gone by the wayside

Neoxon

didn't they say they wouldn't be releasing new versions of the game? or has that plan just gone by the wayside
Clearly someone didn't watch the video or read the description.
Capcom said:
From the beginning, we promised that you’ll only need to purchase the original Street Fighter V, which we’re sticking to. All the new gameplay-related content – Arcade Mode, Extra Battle Mode, a second V-Trigger, the Gallery, and more – will be available as part of a free in-game update for current players!

FSLink

Banned
They said there wouldn't be mandatory paid updates. All the gameplay stuff in AE are coming to existing owners for free.

Clearly someone didn't watch the video or read the description.
I would say the OP should include this description but people are gonna drive by shit post anyway and not read so...yeah.

ugh, without fail

this isn't a new version of the game, everyone who has the original version of the game is getting the update for free.

Boke1879

Right? Guess the leaks and listings must have just made them say "Fuck it".

After seeing the Amazon listing this morning, the first thing I thought was "They're just going to reveal it in a day or two"

It was probably always going to be announced today lol

They said there wouldn't be mandatory paid updates. All the gameplay stuff in AE are coming to existing owners for free.

I would say the OP should include this description but people are gonna drive by shit post anyway and not read so...yeah.

Oh...great news.

LordKasual

Banned
This trailer felt EXTREMELY "Tekken" to me.

There was more work put into these 61 seconds than the whole of Marvel Infinite :(

Xater

"There is never going to be a Turbo or Ultra release."

Of course not because the are calling it Arcade Edition. ;)

This looks like a worthwhile package though if you have not jumped in yet.

Trailer is a little underwhelming. But, the new intro cinematic (which is what I assume this is) is definitely an improvement. I'm excited for new V-triggers but I hope that isn't the only gameplay addition we get.

cordy

Banned
When will Sakura and Sagat be shown?

Once they are ill pick this up. Finally I can get back into the game.

J-Skee

Wow, only $40. Might be worth the purchase for me. I only bought the Season 1 characters & got Akuma with fight money. Season 2 pass is $30. If it comes all of the costumes & stages, then I'll just buy the Arcade Edition.

Zukkoyaki

This was such a no-brainer move by Capcom and they deserve props for adding more than just a standard arcade mode. Providing all the new content as a free update is icing in the cake. Aside from the turbulent launch, their handling of SFV has been pretty damn good.

This is a great way to get new players to purchase SFV. Good move Capcom. Wondering if this was a backup plan for MvCI doing badly or if it was planned for this fiscal year all along.

Since SFV was already out, it'll be part of Capcom's catalog sales and not new skus, so it really won't help bolster the sales for MvCI. Hoping MonHon World is up to snuff...Capcom doesn't want to take a hit on that one.

Top Bottom