• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition: Free update arcade mode & more; $40 game+DLC bundle

MrCarter

Unrealistic as in other fighters include all content in their re-release?

Because that does actually happen and is very much realistic.

SFV is 20 months old and most of its post release support, including this new Arcade mode, ship with other fighters at launch.

Insane to expect the same from Capcom as we get from other companies? Perhaps.

Stop acting so entitled. You aren’t owed anything. If you like the value that this new retail release gives you then try it out, if not, nobody is forcing you to buy it.

I don't know why its so unimaginable for them to include all the currently released cosmetics when that's what they did with Ultra SF4.

It's not like they don't have more cosmetics in the pipeline (just like with Ultra).

I guess it's only imaginable when Ultra Street Fighter V comes out in another 2 years with seasons 1-4?

Another shot of Bison's new V-Trigger from the Capcom panel:

tNECepG.png

Is that a Psycho Crusher?

Very nice.
Looking forward to see what others going to be like.

Spman2099

I don't know why its so unimaginable for them to include all the currently released cosmetics when that's what they did with Ultra SF4.

It's not like they don't have more cosmetics in the pipeline (just like with Ultra).

I guess it's only imaginable when Ultra Street Fighter V comes out in another 2 years with seasons 1-4?

Ultra Street Fighter IV was in a different place when it released. It was the last hurrah. It is very possible that when Street Fighter V is essentially done, and everything is winding down considerably, they will release something similar for V as well.

I'd like Psycho Crusher back however I don't feel like I've really missed it. EX Psycho Blast is the greatest though. I loooove slow projectiles like that.

cordy

Banned

SFV is 20 months old and most of its post release support, including this new Arcade mode, ship with other fighters at launch.

Insane to expect the same from Capcom as we get from other companies? Perhaps.

While I agree with you...

It's just to a point where you have to either forgive Capcom, accept that they're trying and then give them a chance or just give up on them. I gave up on them after SFV's release but after seeing this I'll give them one more chance because it looks as though they're at least facing criticism. If you don't wanna I completely understand but you've got better things to do with your time if it's not up to par. There's so many great fighters out there, it's easy to replace one.

paolo11

This sounds greedy as a Ryu main but I do hope they buff Ryu. Meaning longer range and plus on his Cr Mk or buff his Fireball game. Just my two cents

VariantX

This sounds greedy as a Ryu main but I do hope they buff Ryu. Meaning longer range and plus on his Cr Mk or buff his Fireball game. Just my two cents

Doesn't seem greedy to me to want to buff ryu. All ryu really has is that he hits hard and that's after they reverted some of the nerfs he got and toned down that j.lk. As someone who plays Ryu, kind of tired of being out of range because of stubby normals 90% of the time.

patchday

I'm not an active SFV player by any means but this Arcade Edition will definitely cause me to boot up the game and no doubt enjoy it for many hrs. Will probably even buy an outfit for my buu Chun Li too

Finally we're getting an Arcade mode and it looks epic! Something I remember we enjoyed in Arcades in SF1 LOL. Finally giving us the respect we deserve

paolo11

Isn't he quite low tier right now? I wound't say it's greedy wanting to buff Ryu..

Yes he is low tier unfortunately. Although I’m Ryu user for life hahahha.

I want to see more info on his V-Trigger.

Question to all, should AE keep or remove the following?

A) throw loops

B) AA jabs

KingBroly

Banned

A) throw loops

B) AA jabs

AA jabs are terrible, but you'd probably have to change the entire game just to remove it entirely.

Kashiwaba

A) throw loops

B) AA jabs

Throw loops are stupid and they should be gone for good, and AA jabs are ok at their current state except for season 2 characters, they should be nerfed for the whole cast.

Ah ok. I thought it was in the previous games as well. Hehhe

That's not the person to listen to, lol. They hate SF5 in almost all their posts.

Light button anti airs exist in lots of games. Hakan, for example, had one in SF4.

Other games don't let you earn a lot of that content for free in the first place, like SF5 does.

kunonabi

A) throw loops

B) AA jabs

Throw loops should go.

Defensive options are shitty enough so no reason to get rid of aa jabs.

Kashiwaba

Ah ok. I thought it was in the previous games as well. Hehhe

Don't listen to him some characters had it in all other SF games, it's just that it's universal here in SFV, and though i don't like them, but as what the other poster said SFV is already too rush down oriented and heavy on offense so maybe removing one of the few reliable defensive options in this game won't be as good as we think. Also i don't know how good are you with SF and fighting games but jab AAs and throw loops are not something you should worry about at low levels, i think they are more evident at higher levels probably platinum league+

kirblar

Throw loops should go.

Defensive options are shitty enough so no reason to get rid of aa jabs.
Corner pressure is way too good in the game right now. Making throws put you really far from your opponent, even in the corner, would be a good fix.

One interesting stat from the CPT data- Punk wins around 3/4s of the games where he gets his opponent in the corner, but wins like 35% of the ones where he doesn't.

Whales

Banned

A) throw loops

B) AA jabs

aa jabs need to be nuked into oblivion

How do you remove throw loops?

Same way they removed throw loops from S1 to S2/S2 to S2.5. Increase the recovery time or increase the distance between both characters by the end so that landing a meaty throw is impossible.

In S1, Ryu could start a throw loop in the corner and it was literally as easy as doing throw -> cr.lp -> throw -> cr.lp -> cr.lp. You could at the same time choose to do a meaty with st.mp instead. You could also easily get a setup if your opponent did a late tech too.

They removed that from S1 to S2 by increasing the recovery time and the distance between you and your opponent.... but kept in Ken's throw loop which is EXACTLY THE FUCKING SAME except Ken's shimmy game is better and he does st.lk as a frame-kill instead of cr.lp

This game's balance makes me want to throw up.

vg260

SFV has so much additional content, that I don't think it's realistic at all to expect all of the DLC to be included.

However, I do think they should have at least included the original cast story outfits and/or possibly their battle outfits as well.

Neoxon

SFV has so much additional content, that I don't think it's realistic at all to expect all of the DLC to be included.

However, I do think they should have at least included the original cast story outfits and/or possibly their battle outfits as well.
Going by what Lupinko said about the DLC characters being a download code, it'll probably also include the Battle Outfits for said DLC characters. And while yes, expecting every single costume for a game that's still gonna get support up to the end of 2020 is a bit unrealistic (especially at the rate at which Capcom's adding costumes), at least including the Battle Outfits for the original 16 characters (more so when said costumes are already available in a discounted bundle) would have at least been feasible.

Kashiwaba

Same way they removed throw loops from S1 to S2/S2 to S2.5. Increase the recovery time or increase the distance between both characters by the end so that landing a meaty throw is impossible.

In S1, Ryu could start a throw loop in the corner and it was literally as easy as doing throw -> cr.lp -> throw -> cr.lp -> cr.lp. You could at the same time choose to do a meaty with st.mp instead. You could also easily get a setup if your opponent did a late tech too.

They removed that from S1 to S2 by increasing the recovery time and the distance between you and your opponent.... but kept in Ken's throw loop which is EXACTLY THE FUCKING SAME except Ken's shimmy game is better and he does st.lk as a frame-kill instead of cr.lp

This game's balance makes me want to throw up.
Probably because ryu players abused it in S1 kinda like how rashid players are abusing it now, so i won't be surprised if they keep Ken's but only remove rashid loop in the next balance update lol.

Kashiwaba

I hate him. He’s #1. Rashid somewhere bottom 10 with Laura tbh

Rashid is in no way top 3 maybe top 5 but even that is arguable, and Guile is still top tier. The only difference is people are still not used to rashid players getting better due to more pro players using Rashid and doing well (though they are barely winning anything) but most of Guile tricks and strategies are already known for everyone.

kirblar

They need it to always separate characters by the same distance after throws. Right now, it's smaller when you're in the corner, and that's a big problem.

Input lag will take a lot of time to fix because it would involve moving the game to a new Unreal Engine update.

This likely woudn't happen until S4 at the earliest, given how much work that will be.

HardRojo

I think they should include the battle outfits for the original 16 too, but for $40 I wouldn't expect more than that.

Top Bottom