• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition: Free update arcade mode & more; $40 game+DLC bundle

Rymuth

So let me get this. The game with both season pass for 40$. How much would you spend if u to buy the game and season pass today ? If it's more than 40$, then why they are killing their sales from now till this thing is released ?
If you're thinking of buying the game for cheap (say, for example, $5 from tradebin at Gamestop) you'll still need to spend $20 for the S1 pass and $30 for the S2 pass

This is a much better propsition.

Fuz

Banned
e5da20b8b212b1944151e1f98066a51b.png

Oooooh shit, what did they do to poor Akuma? :(

KiteGr

I've been waiting for this!
The only downer now is that the game is still censored.

What ales is missing from this edition?
How much of the DLC stages and costumes are in there?

I was expecting a Sagat trailer, but the AE stuff was great to see.
The "regular" bison Psycho Crusher, Guile multi-Flashkicks and the classic Shinryuken were my fav bits.

yurinka

Oooooh shit, what did they do to poor Akuma? :(
If you prefer his classic look Street Fighter V has this Nostalgia Costume for him:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwlSwVyaUxE

How much of the DLC stages and costumes are in there?
When released, all the new game modes, new features, new UI, new gameplay changes of SFVAE will be added for free to all SFV vanilla users. So the only difference between SFVAE and SFVAE is going to be that SFVAE receive the S1 and S2 character season passes.

If you preorder SFVAE -at least in some retailers- you'll also get 9 premium costumes that already can be bought in-game: http://shoryuken.com/2017/10/24/street-fighter-v-arcade-edition-pre-orders-will-include-30th-anniversary-nostalgia-premium-costumes/

Other than that, SFVAE costumes and stages will remain in the same way than in SFV: the premium ones are paid DLC only, the non-premium can be unlocked by playing too as you can do for characters or colors. But some of these costumes, colors (of the ones for S1 and S2 characters) and some stage are also included in the season passes so with AE you'll get them. Other than that, in AE seems you'll have to unlock or buy the remaining costumes or stages.

Arcade Edition will add Extra Battle Mode to SFV, where seems that you'll earn additional special costumes or in-game moneys by completing 4 monthly missions that involve fighting characters in special costumes or even special versions of story mode-only characters: https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017/oct/05/street-fighter-5-arcade-editions-extra-battle-will-reward-players-monthly-premium-costumes-and-one-might-be-viewtiful-joe/

https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/promotion/ae/

Vitacat

Just wanna be clear. I currently don't own any version of this game.

So, if I buy a cheap Steam code for just the original base game (no season passes), that will be upgraded for free next month with all the season pass characters etc.?

EDIT: ok, after reading more thru the thread, looks like that is not the case. I'd still need to buy the passes separately. So, basically just wait for the AE to launch.

EDIT: ok, after reading more thru the thread, looks like that is not the case. I'd still need to buy the passes separately. So, basically just wait for the AE to launch.

That sounds right. I own SFV and Im only expecting to get arcade mode for free - not the DLC characters that I havent bought.

Big0Bear

It’s kinda messed up that the people who supported the game from launch don’t get anything, but oh well that’s why I’m waiting for mvci

NikuNashi

Every time I read Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition I get excited, then I remember Capcom forgot about their pledge to release an arcade version (game center) in 2017 and that we have to go back to playing IV here in Tokyo if we want a quick game center session. Sigh..

nush

Gold Member
It’s kinda messed up that the people who supported the game from launch don’t get anything, but oh well that’s why I’m waiting for mvci

You should have earned enough fight money to get those characters anyway in that time.

Big0Bear

We got to play it since the beginning, I'd say that's more than enough.

We got to play it when it was buggy busted and unfinished. I stopped playing before season one because it wasn’t a fun experience. If I’d just waited I could buy it now for less and have a finished game

If they sold it for 30 or 40 bucks when it first launched and then sold this new edition for 60 I would have been cool with that

Wonko_C

We got to play it when it was buggy busted and unfinished. I stopped playing before season one because it wasn’t a fun experience. If I’d just waited I could buy it now for less and have a finished game

If they sold it for 30 or 40 bucks when it first launched and then sold this new edition for 60 I would have been cool with that

Well I have clocked 700+ hours and still having a blast. Currently learning Strider Zeku.

Wonko_C

glad to hear that, but if you got the game for 30 bucks as it was and it was sold for 60 now would you mind?

Not sure I follow: Why would I mind if I got it for cheaper earlier? Isn't it normally the other way around? (GOTY Editions are cheaper and with DLC included) BTW I pre-ordered the game when it was discounted to $40 on GMG.

meerak

glad to hear that, but if you got the game for 30 bucks as it was and it was sold for 60 now would you mind?

Dude. The past is over. The game came out. It wasn’t 30 bucks. Arcade Edition is also not 60.

Where are you trying to go with this?

Gitaroo

Hope they do 2160CB for the PRO for Arcade Edition...and give us some TAA whilst they're at it....

if they can even bother to do ultra pc setting for the pro at 1080p, and chop down the load time, that is more than welcome. Higher res increase input lag irc.

Big0Bear

Dude. The past is over. The game came out. It wasn’t 30 bucks. Arcade Edition is also not 60.

Where are you trying to go with this?

Because capcom has been lowering the quality of its games and no one calls them out. It felt like I paid full price for a steam green light game.

Since we love the franchise shouldn’t we be more critical when they pull half assed things.

meerak

Because capcom has been lowering the quality of its games and no one calls them out. It felt like I paid full price for a steam green light game.

Since we love the franchise shouldn’t we be more critical when they pull half assed things.

Sure, except this is the part where you and reality are not meeting.. People have been critical. They've been critical for two years nearly. Critical reactions to SFV are as common as the damn snow outside my window.

Capcom has been doing nothing but trying to improve SFV since the day it came out.

All people like you are telling them is "no matter how hard you try I will always judge you based on my day 1 experience". How does that help? How are you improving this franchise you love? What do you want to happen *now* is the real question?

I get it. You felt like you paid full price for something that, to you, felt less than full price. Fair dude, many felt like that. But, that was a long time ago. What exactly is useful about your feelings *today*?

AE is a free update to all who own the game AND it is a great price value for those who do not. What about that is objectionable to you? Honestly I am just not sure What do you want to happen? What should capcom do today, or in the future, to make you feel better?

Big0Bear

Sure, except this is the part where you and reality are not meeting.. People have been critical. They've been critical for two years nearly. Critical reactions to SFV are as common as the damn snow outside my window.

Capcom has been doing nothing but trying to improve SFV since the day it came out.

All people like you are telling them is "no matter how hard you try I will always judge you based on my day 1 experience". How does that help? How are you improving this franchise you love? What do you want to happen *now* is the real question?

I get it. You felt like you paid full price for something that, to you, felt less than full price. Fair dude, many felt like that. But, that was a long time ago. What exactly is useful about your feelings *today*?

AE is a free update to all who own the game AND it is a great price value for those who do not. What about that is objectionable to you? Honestly I am just not sure What do you want to happen? What should capcom do today, or in the future, to make you feel better?

Did they learn though? Mvci? They cut a couple of characters to sell as dlc and have been pulling questionable things imo. So yea they’ve been slowly fixing it but from mvc 3 to umvc3 sfxt to now things have not been going well which is why I continue to say something.

If all the premium costumes and stuff could be unlocked Witt fight money I would have no argument.

I’m really want them to make the quality things like they used to and worry about dlc afterwards.

Yeah, should be the same just with shorter range and the headbut removed.

I mean specifically the choke. It was a headbutt facing normally but if you did it to their back you get a choke instead that does slightly more damage/stun and slightly better positioning.

kunonabi

Ahn missed the "enemy back" in your original post. Yeah, pretty much. The real question is if it's as good as a setup as his mp flash chop. If it isnt than it might be better to stick with his current v-trigger.

Shouta

I really hope these new triggers make SFV more interesting. They sound like it but I just hope it pans out well.

kunonabi

I really hope these new triggers make SFV more interesting. They sound like it but I just hope it pans out well.

I think it depends on how the rest of the balance tweaks pan out. At the moment i dont see how giving a couple characters more braindead high damage mixups and a couple counters to others is going to fix the game's core issues personally.

Top Bottom