• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition Leaked?

oldmario

plbLv3s.jpg
[/QUOTE]

https://www.***********/video-games/ps4/PS4ST70-street-fighter-v-arcade-edition?utm

release me unfinished if old

Tizoc

They saw the response that Menat got and said "damn, we've got to re-release this mofo."

This isn't so much a re-release so much as the original game with all dlc.
Question is...are you still gonna have to download all updates first? :p

Blam

They promised that there would be no SUPER edition. Calling it in this manner would effectively circumvent the issue of getting accused of lying.

Well I mean it's still a SUPER just under a different name.

Code:
[IMG]http://www.fightersgeneration.com/nz6/game/sf5/sfv-hot-package-artwork.jpg[/IMG]

THIS BOX ART HOLY.

qcf x2

I... I guess that would be one way of saying technically they kept their word about not releasing a Super or Ultra version of SFV.

(... I really think they should just bite the bullet and call it Super SFV, as it's less confusing and everybody expects it anyway. $40, 3 seasons worth of DLC characters and stages. And fix stuff. Then I could see it moving units. Highlighting arcade mode in the very title would be multiple levels of stupid, imo.)

What they meant by that was a version of the game that you had to purchase separately else you were stuck on an outdated and unsupported version of the game.

The person who bought the game day 1 and the person who first gets into the game with this will have access to the same content and it'll remain that way for the game's lifetime.

They promised that there would be no SUPER edition. Calling it in this manner would effectively circumvent the issue of getting accused of lying.
I don't understand why people are so hung up on terminology. When they said there would be no super edition all they meant was that there wouldn't be a revision of the game that you can only get by buying another disc.

David___

Banned
They said disc owners wont need to ever buy a disc to keep up to date. They used Super as an example of what they arent doing

They meant that as in an updated version requiring you to get a new disk to get the new content like from street fighter 4 to super. They can release a version of v called super and your original SFV disk will still be able to access new content.

Ninjimbo

NO. If there's artwork that deserves to be seen by all, it's THIS:

Code:
[IMG]http://www.fightersgeneration.com/nz6/game/sf5/sfv-hot-package-artwork.jpg[/IMG]

s.
OTP.

So should I be expecting an announcement of sorts at the invitational tournament? People are already saying we're going to be seeing Zeku.

NO. If there's artwork that deserves to be seen by all, it's THIS:

Code:

People wanted an Arcade mode, now they're shouting it from the rooftops.

They really should've put that one out worldwide. It's even called the HOT EDITION.

I feel like DLC makes it redundant. It would be no different than NRS releasing a version with all the current DLC. SFV would have to be an entirely different game to fit the "Super" definition.

Rymuth

They meant that as in an updated version requiring you to get a new disk to get the new content like from street fighter 4 to super. They can release a version of v called super and your original SFV disk will still be able to access new content.

I believe the rumors that existing owners won't have to buy a new disk but I still contend that even if they called it Super SFV, there'd be an unwelcome amount of publicity. The haters for this game just need the slightest provocation to shit on it.

Code:

THIS BOX ART HOLY.
Hot Ryu is best Ryu. They will never do it but that box art would be amazing.

MrCarter

I believe the rumors that existing owners won't have to buy a new disk but I still contend that even if they called it Super SFV, there'd be an unwelcome amount of publicity. The haters for this game just need the slightest provocation to shit on it.

Haters will hate regardless. The main thing here is that no new players will be cut off from existing players online when buying this potential update.

As much as I expect an arcade edition, I wouldn't hop onto that page just yet. Remember the anniversary collection?

The date conveniently lines up almost perfectly with other leaks and rumors, but there's the chance that, if fake or placeholder, they just based the date off of the leaks themselves.

Top Bottom