• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Beta Thread: Welcome, future '16ers! (Currently Inactive!)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Max : You betta fix dat shit Combofiend. I don't know how, but fix that shit now

rQzSUCF.png

lmaaaaaooooooo

Smo21

During the closed beta they had to manually add people in, this is something I know. Realistically they probably initially manually added a small number of users for a minimal stress test before increasing the server load and allowing more people to connect.

This method makes sense as it allows specific accounts to be monitored for individual cases and studies while other data can be monitored from a broad scale.

Not confirming that they actually did this, but from a trouble shooting perspective this makes the most sense to me. I don't get why people are upset to begin with, but this seems like the most reasonable approach to monitoring this situation as numbers increase while still dealing with major issues.

Or maybe I should get my pitchfork and get mad about something

Im not being angry about it. Is it annoying? Certainly. I just want to get into training at least. Its just really frustrating.

vulva

Im not being angry about it. Is it annoying? Certainly. I just want to get into training at least. Its just really frustrating.
I mean people getting mad about a possibility of a whitelist without understanding why that could be beneficial for testing purposes

Smo21

I mean people getting mad about a possibility of a whitelist without understanding why that could be beneficial for testing purposes

Never said anything about white list. Was checking if someone else from the same area as me got in. Im thinking it s could be about how close you are to the servers or the area you live in.

There's got to be some regional stuff going on. I haven't been able to try the game once in 3 days, yet the same people here are entering and re-entering the game again and again, this can't be just dumb luck, there's got to be something with regions, routing, IPs, something.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
There were a couple Toronto GAFers (im technically GTA) that got in the past two nights and when I got in like 80% of my matches were with other Canadians.

I believe the WC bias though, or at least their the loudest/most time zone convenient/being white listed.

There's got to be some regional stuff going on. I haven't been able to try the game once in 3 days, yet the same people here are entering and re-entering the game again and again, this can't be just dumb luck, there's got to be something with regions, routing, IPs, something.

Well are you in east coast? I got in earlier second time was much shorter but pa player here.

bumpkin

"Unable to login to game server.(21007)"

"Disconnected from game server.(10003)"

Over and over and over and over... I'm glad I preordered. Aren't you guys?

I get that it's a beta test of an unfinished product. I get that it's a weekend so everyone and their mother has time to burn and try it out. I also understand that a beta test doesn't always mean 100% smooth sailing. I'm a software engineer, we go through multiple alpha builds and beta releases before we ship our latest. This is an unmitigated disaster. They shouldn't have launched it prematurely.

Top Bottom