• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V datamining: Dhalsim, "FAN", "TUT"; Maybe: Urien, Ibuki, Juri, Alex

Tizoc

Note:

The files use Japanese names, so Balrog = the guy with claws and Vega = Mr. Tuesday.

So I did my own quick digging:

Balrog and Dhalsim are in.
(Balrog is BISON)
Dhalsim is confirmed.

"FAN" and "TUT" are new characters.

SF V Roster:
VMhP4Xb.png

RYU - RYU
CNL - CHUN-LI
NSH - NASH
VEG - VEGA
BLR - BALROG
BRD - BIRDIE
FAN - NEW CHARACTER
CMY - CAMMY
DSM - DHALSIM
LAR - LAURA
KEN - KEN
KRN - KARIN
NCL - NECALLI
RMK - R.MIKA
RSD - RASHID
TUT - NEW CHARACTER
ZGF - ZANGIEF

"How does this confirm anything ?"
Well the found strings indicate that these characters have story illustrations.
Think Tekken intros/epilogues.
They wouldn't use that for stage characters.

What about Alex, Ibuki, .... ?

Well the assets they found were background character assets.

My list is straight from the executable.

The SIM/BLR disassembly shares the same base classe as RYU/KEN/.. .
These are playable roster characters.

OK first off thanks to Scrubb McGrub who has been looking throuh the beta's files, thanks to him he found some interesting lines of code.

oh shit... guess I'm wrong. I opened the AssetRegistry.bin file they quoted on reddit... just found Urien-

yNj7onI.jpg

once I verify the rest I'll see if I can find anything that's like a select screen reference... here's Alex-

scVbdc0.jpg

Guile and Sim... also FAN is definitely a character, and interesting enough he/she has a lot of rigging- 477 bones... could be the boss character with like tentacles or some crazy shit

WSoVYQg.jpg

Ibuki and Juri

nkBeuS3.jpg

They are high poly and fully rigged... so definitely not just background assets. Their folder structure is in with the playable characters... but then so is Nadeshiko

and last one is boxer-

g1NJDpC.jpg

edit... also I searched the file for zen- no matches

Oddly enough no files for Zen were found, unless Zen=FAN?

Soulflarz

Banned
Is anyone surprised that a PC game got datamined?

I uh, would say I feel bad for the team, but this was kind of to be expected...

Seijuro

Sounds plausible... probably Fan = Zen, and either Guile or Dhalsim is the final character, the rest is probably the first batch of unlockable/ dlc characters.

Scotia

Banned
Probably first DLC wave.

Ibuki this early seems bizarre though. I know she's loved but her being one of the first DLC characters is just weird to me.

When's Sean tho....

joe2187

Banned
Wait...wait...

Alex was confirmed to be in the background of the NY stage no?

are you sure this isnt just them showing up as background characters in the stages?

Scotia

Banned
Wait...wait...

are you sure this isnt just them showing up as background characters in the stages?

That's what I thought at one point but all the characters have rigging ect. similar to playable characters.

Tizoc

Wait...wait...

As far as I know, that was never confirmed. Just a lot of rumor milling.

No Alex is one of the NPCs in the USA Stage. However Hugo was a background character before being made playable a few years later.

Furthermore keep in mind that Nadeshiko, Mika's partner is listed as well.

FAN is the oddest one if you read his description in the first post.

BiggNife

Wait...wait...

That doesn't mean anything. In SF4 Balrog is in the background of the airport stage - if he's being used in the match. It's replaced with Vega, and if they're both in the match then it's Bison.

Background models wouldn't be in the same file location as character models, they're way way more complex.

Wait...wait...

To be fair, Bison was also a background character in that one SF4 stage. There's always a possibility that this could be the same situation.

New Urien redesign

lol I think I saw a dick in there lmao

Urien's model is pretty complex... didn't take a shot of that, but he's 82455 triangles and 332 bones.... by comparison Rashid is 77980 triangles 383 bones... but then Nash is like 114317 triangles and 297 bones

Top Bottom