• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V has shipped 1,7 million, Dead Rising 4 still under 1 million

Street Fighter V launched with 1,4 million copies shipped during Q1 2016, below Capcom's expectations (2 millions). In march 2017, Street Fighter V was standing at 1,6 million. As of June 30, the game has climbed one more little step and is now at 1,7 million. Street Fighter II on SNES remains the best selling title of the franchise with 6,3 millions.

Another insight from the updated Capcom Platinum Titles page is Dead Rising 4 has not reached the 1 million mark on Xbox One and PC. Capcom expected 2 millions for this one too. SteamSpy only has about 55K owners (the PC version launched first on Windows Store). Dead Rising 2 remains the best selling title of the franchise with 3 millions.

qanters

I hope the MS money was enough for Capcom. There is an audience on PlayStation waiting for the Dead Rising series to come over again.

Street Fighter V launched with 1,4 million copies shipped during Q1 2016, below Capcom's expectations (2 millions). In march 2017, Street Fighter V was standing at 1,6 million. As of June 30, the game has climbed one more little step and is now at 1,7 million. Street Fighter II on SNES remains the best selling title of the franchise with 6,3 millions.

Another insight from the updated Capcom Platinum Titles page is Dead Rising 4 has not reached the 1 million mark on Xbox One and PC. Capcom expected 2 millions for this one too. SteamSpy only has about 55K owners (the PC version launched first on Windows Store). Dead Rising 2 remains the best selling title of the franchise with 3 millions.

That's 55k too much already.

Toki767

Not really surprised about Dead Rising 4 sales.

That thing was like half off after 2 weeks.

They've been virtually silent about the PS4 version too. Is that even still coming out?

_Clash_

Can't all be world beaters.

But seriously, both entries were made with compromise which makes these kind of sales more likely

Well, they're both mediocre games.

SF V is steadily improving, but lost out on a lot of launch hype shipping the way that it did.

And out of all Capcoms beautiful IPs, who the hell wanted another half-assed Dead Rising?

VeeP

I hope the MS money was enough for Capcom. There is an audience on PlayStation waiting for the Dead Rising series to come over again.

The game didn't do well because it was trash. On PS4 it probably would've sold similarly as well.

Some Nobody

A hundred thousand in one year? Whaaat the fuck lol. Just the name of SF alone I thought would move more copies than this.

YoshiMax

Dead Rising has never been a blockbuster franchise so hardly surprising given the best selling in the series peaked at 3m plus it's exclusive to a console with a lower install base (albeit the one with a higher software attach rate). SF is a far bigger name and exclusive to the console with the biggest install base so that's the figure that strikes me as poor.

Dead Rising has never been a blockbuster franchise so hardly surprising given the best selling in the series peaked at 3m plus it's exclusive to a console with a lower install base (albeit the one with a higher software attach rate). SF is a far bigger name and exclusive to the console with the biggest install base so that's the figure that strikes me as poor.

Both numbers are beyond terrible. For Capcom the silver lining is that they didn't fund either game so they didn't take any losses.

DR4 was a quick cash grab by Capcom, it isn't a bad game but you cant tell there was no forward thinking investment in the franchise for the future.

I'd be surprised to hear about it again anytime soon, if again.

Those numbers for SFV as well, yeesh, talk about killing a franchise.....

MrCarter

Nice to see SFV is slowly yet steadily improving and I think the latest update will bring in a lot more players - It's done better than a lot of other fighters this generation anyway. All they need now is to re-package the game into SSFV with more content and value.

The game didn't do well because it was trash. On PS4 it probably would've sold similarly as well.

Of course that's certainly part of it. But I'd argue the real noose here was launching it in December, after Battlefield 1, Infinite Warfare/MW-Remastered, Watch Dogs 2, and even Gears 4.

Glass Rebel

It's fine, Arika's Street Fighter Ex 4 is gonna sell a billion copies, kickstarting a Platinum developed Skullomania game.

ksamedi

Why did they not givw any numbers for sf2. Would have expected some numbers if they are calling it a smash hit. I doubt it did more than 300k.

oti

Banned
SFV
Launch: February 2016
Platforms: PS4, PC
Sales: 1.7 million

ARMS
Launch: June 2017
Platforms: Switch
Sales: 1.18 million

Street Fighter 5 - still 300K short of original 2 million goal.
Resident Evil 7 - still 300K short of original 4 million goal.
Dead Rising 4 - Still under a million, so over a million under its goal.
Monster Hunter XX - undersold 300K last quarter
Mobile - jack and shit has worked for them

Capcom can't win it seems.

Renekton

Street Fighter 5 - still 300K short of original 2 million goal.
Resident Evil 7 - still 300K short of original 4 million goal.
Dead Rising 4 - Still under a million, so over a million under its goal.
Monster Hunter XX - undersold 300K last quarter
Mobile - jack and shit has worked for them

Capcom can't win it seems.
What a shame, RE7 is a genuinely good game.

Producer

Nice to see SFV is slowly yet steadily improving and I think the latest update will bring in a lot more players and It's done better than a lot of other fighters this generation anyway. All they need now is to re-package the game into SSFV with more content and value.

dont shill with that avatar on

DR4 sales don't surprise me. Clueless business practices as always, the new director really didn't have a clue as to what Dead rising was.

Capcpom gonna capcpom I guess

Gurish

Those are really pathetic numbers, for both SFV and obviously DR4. Maybe Capcom should take the hint and stop with those exclusivity deals, it doesn't fucking work for them so far.

Those are really pathetic numbers, for both SFV and obviously DR4. Maybe Capcom should take the hint and stop with those exclusivity deals, it doesn't fucking work for them so far.

To be fair at least with SFV, I don't think releasing on XB1 would have any sort of significant impact on those numbers.

Sesha

Dead Rising franchise sales

DR - 1.8m
DR2 - 3m
DR3 - 2.3m

DR: CTYD - Less than 1m
DR2: OtR - Less than 1m
DR4 - Less than 1m

All remasters are less than 1m too.

fhqwhgads

Somehow, someway, Capcom has managed to fuck up Street Fighter in the public eye. Not to say they can't bounce back, Sega managed to salvage Sonic after everything they did, but it's never a good sign when you've managed to heavily damage your most important and culturally significant IP.

dont shill with that avatar on
Come on, man. He's just happy about the game doing well, like me!
I sure am glad STREET FIGHTER 5 for the Playstation 4, the best new fighting game of all time from CAPCOM, is performing great in terms of sales.
With the new costumes and characters planned for the upcoming seasons, there's a lot to look forward to!
Please remember to share your thoughts about the game with CAPCPOM's Twitter and Facebook accounts.

Also, Dead Rising 4 can go straight to hell. What a waste of a game concept. They threw away so much of what made the first two good, butchered what made the third one good, and mashed it together to make garbage.

Mediking

SFV prolly would have fares much better if it had launched at HALF the price.

And SFV still had that amazing Rise Up advertising... what does Marvel: Infinite even have for good advertising???

Stygr

Banned
Giving the Dead Rising franchise to a western developer was a huge mistake, honestly they should put Capcom Vancouver on a new IP. Enough Dead Rising from Capcom Vancouver.

MrCarter

Come on, man. He's just happy about the game doing well, like me!
I sure am glad STREET FIGHTER 5 for the Playstation 4, the best new fighting game of all time from CAPCOM, is performing great in terms of sales.
With the new costumes and characters planned for the upcoming seasons, there's a lot to look forward to!
Please remember to share your thoughts about the game with CAPCPOM's Twitter and Facebook accounts.

When did I say they were doing great? lol this is why you can't discuss sales on GAF. It's either black or white and no shades of grey in between. Btw it's on PC too, you forgot that ;)

To be fair at least with SFV, I don't think releasing on XB1 would have any sort of significant impact on those numbers.

Really? I'm not so sure. SF4 was fairly popular on X360 and I doubt it wouldn't have made much impact on that platform. I guess it had to be sacrificed due to cross-platform between PC and PS4.

Sesha

Somehow, someway, Capcom has managed to fuck up Street Fighter in the public eye. Not to say they can't bounce back, Sega managed to salvage Sonic after everything they did, but it's never a good sign when you've managed to heavily damage your most important and culturally significant IP.

At this point their most important IPs are RE and Monster Hunter.

oti

Banned
Giving the Dead Rising franchise to a western developer was a huge mistake, honestly they should put Capcom Vancouver on a new IP. Enough Dead Rising from Capcom Vancouver.

Enough Dead Rising period.
Unless they turn it into Dead Rising PUBG or something.

Top Bottom