• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Latest Build: Cammy's intro got slightly changed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever label you want to give it, Im confident its a big part of what makes her so popular with many of her fans.

They're not going after the otaku bucks with this game, they're trying to make it a break-through competitive fighter that gets wildly popular. "Sex appeal" has its limits and will alienate people at a certain point...particularly when the characters are already in an anime style to begin with. Throw in sexy stuff with anime stuff and that puts up a big red warning sign for most people.

you can still have a ridiculous amount of "sex appeal" without panning the camera across a taint. Like tits popping out of a gi or being an impossibly curvy wrestler or wearing a dental floss body suit.

Haunted

Makes me wonder if the EU version perhaps stays uncensored. They're usually much more lax when it comes to stuff like this.
We're lax when it comes to general erotic content, natural sex appeal and just... sex, yeah. Definitely not as prudish as large parts of the US seems to be. But we're not so lax when it comes to over/hypersexualisation, sexism, misogyny and shitty fanservice, so don't you worry about us.

cerulily

you can still have a ridiculous amount of "sex appeal" without panning the camera across a taint. Like tits popping out of a gi or being an impossibly curvy wrestler or wearing a dental floss body suit.

Thank you, Seriously!

But, more-over. if you're so concerned about a game being inclusive of "sex", why don't you go play one of THOSE games? Why does EVERYTHING have to fan-service to your sexual desires? I'm being 100% serious with that question. What does any of these changes take away from your apparent desire to touch yourself while playing SF:V?

Furthermore, this isn't censorship. This is Capcom and Sony constructing their own product in a manner that they feel is appropriate. Is it that mind blowing that they decided "this is too much for what is supposed to be a game for everybody to enjoy" and changed it before release?

Even then, can anybody tell me what a camera framing a woman's crotch or ass ADDS to a street fighter game that actually MATTERS?

Kinyou

We're lax when it comes to sex appeal, sex, and tasteful representations of erotic content.

We're not very lax when it comes to sexism, misogyny and shitty sexualisation, so I'd hope this change affects all versions.
Examples? Lula 3D is Usk/Pegi 16 for example, and that's a shitton more tasteless than anything from streetfighter

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00NTNYM7M/

This was already fuckig sad by the first thread, now y'all want to dedicate a thread on a half second crotch shot.

Disgraceful.
Threadwhining sure helps

Definitely finewith the Cammy change but the mika change loses some of its character and looks weird. They can find a middle ground that works I think

Chunners is such a dumb nickname, longer to write, same amount of syllables and makes the person saying it sound like an absolute moron
Whoa.

Thank you, Seriously!

Furthermore, this isn't censorship. This is Capcom and Sony constructing their own product in a manner that they feel is appropriate. Is it that mind blowing that they decided "this is too much for what is supposed to be a game for everybody to enjoy" and changed it before release?
At this point people I think people are using "censorship" for changes don't like.

I'm gonna start calling nerfs to characters I play and like and buffs to characters I don't play or like censorship too.

NotLiquid

esrbg1sjs.png

This, at least, was kind of understandable due to how Dual Destinies had markedly more gorey/fucked up elements in it, as well as animated cutscenes (Major spoiler)

gogogow

We're lax when it comes to general erotic content, natural sex appeal and just... sex, yeah. Definitely not as prudish as large parts of the US seems to be. But we're not so lax when it comes to over/hypersexualisation, sexism, misogyny and shitty fanservice, so don't you worry about us.

Huh?! Isn't DOA and Senran Kagura all about fanservice? Those are rated 16 and not 18.

Gbraga

Echoing my thoughts from the other thread, this one is alright because it always looked bad before, but it suffers from the same issue as Mika's change, they just moved the camera rather than actually remake the animation they thought didn't fit the game, so it looks weird.

The ending of Mika's super animation was actually changed, so even if some people prefer the previous one, at least it feels like an actual change.

It's not like Cammy's previous intro was the coolest shit ever, so they just move the camera to hide her crotch while keeping the amazing intro, they can make it much better while also hiding the crotch. Make her fall on her feet and strike some JoJo pose, that would be amazing.

EDIT: Though, to be fair, everyone will skip that shit anyway, so I can definitely see it just not being worth it to invest any resources into remaking the animation completely.

these changes give me hope for Japan vs Black Characters

Why do you want Japan to fight black characters?

Add this costume please!

hqdefault.jpg

I'd prefer one of these:

Animal costume Cammy <3

Haunted

Huh?! Isn't DOA and Senran Kagura all about fanservice? Those are rated 16 and not 18.
Oh sorry my bad, I didn't know we were talking about ratings in that particular instance, just taste and acceptance in different regions in general.

Like that localisation that removed the pedobait bikini outfit from that kid in Xenoblade.

DunpealD

The speculation is that it would've bumped the rating. Mostly because these changes were only spotted after the ESRB rating came down. In which case Capcom may have been told which things could be bumping it to a M. It'd be strange if it were eSports related because why model and animate those poses in the first place? It'd be a waste of resources.

Possibly the same kind reason that gotten SFV a ton of leaks. They just didn't thought about it.

Any titles to compare it to? I checked SAO: Hollow Fragment, Demon Gaze, Senran Kagura Burst and Agarest whih all had T rating. Is it the physics? The higher fidelity of graphics? The person who did the rating? Or is it just the current zeitgeist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom