• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V minimum and recommended PC specs

impact

Banned
Do people really play fighting games on PC? I am genuinely curious.

Ports/upgrades are usually months late, competition is usually worse, way lower population, Capcom's netcode seems to be worse.... but yea people play fighting games on PC.

Now if PC would stop getting treated like shit from every fighting game publisher I bet even more people would buy them. Dead or Alive and BlazBlue get released on Steam with no online play and these silly people still buy the shit.

charsace

It looks quite a bit better than SFIV to me. I hated the way 4 looked.

This isn't the 90's. Fighters are popular on PC.

I could be wrong, but I thought the recommended settings would be what you need to get console settings. A 960 and an i5 are easily better than consoles.

Momentary

Banned
Never have problems finding matches in sf4, and th netcode is tons better on PC than console. Netcode is terrible on ps4.

I felt like this was the case too. I've played Ultra on 360, PS3, PS4, and PC. PC had the smoothest and most frequent matches. I'm just guessing people complaining about the PC's netcode just haven't experienced it on anything else. Don't get me wrong. At first the netcode was shit, but they've really improved on it.

Right now though. The best netcode out of any fighting game I've ever touched is Rising Thunder. I'm in Cali playing people on the east side of Canada and get more than decent matches. GGPO3 needs to be utilized more in the future.

Csr

Yes, but I found that there are typically a lot less people online on PC vs. Console.

For example, Ultra has more people playing on PS4 than on PC. I could barely find anyone on PC.

Same with Mortal Kombat 9 a few years ago when I got it. 100% dead on PC. Couldn't find a single person. And this was shortly after a sale.

I don't know about ps4 but i find more people on pc than 360 in europe and also there is a lot less lag, the skill level is a lot lower though and the skill filter doesn't work so good luck finding good matches. I moved back to console for this reason but the pc version is very worth it especially if someone is new to fighting games, there are many new players there.
Forgot to mention i am talking about usfiv

impact

Banned
I don't know about ps4 but i find more people on pc than 360 in europe and also there is a lot less lag, the skill level is a lot lower though and the skill filter doesn't work so good luck finding good matches. I moved back to console for this reason but the pc version is very worth it especially if someone is new to fighting games, there are many new players there.
Forgot to mention i am talking about usfiv
Maybe they patched it then, because right after SF4 switched from GFWL to Steam the netcode got way worse to the point where it was unplayable even when doing east coast vs. east coast online fights.

i really hope that they release a PC benchmark, because I am definitely not preordering on PC until I know that I can run the game. i'm not sure if my iMac's GeForce GT 755M will be able to handle the game (i'm leaning torwards no)

Gbraga

Yep, has been my main platform ever since AE came out on PC.

And this one has cross play, so community split isn't even a problem anymore.

Maybe they patched it then, because right after SF4 switched from GFWL to Steam the netcode got way worse to the point where it was unplayable even when doing east coast vs. east coast online fights.

Yep, Steamworks was shit for quite a while, and actually made me miss GFWL. It's fine now. Or as fine as SF IV netcode could be, I guess.

Nyoro SF

i really hope that they release a PC benchmark, because I am definitely not preordering on PC until I know that I can run the game. i'm not sure if my iMac's GeForce GT 755M will be able to handle the game (i'm leaning torwards no)

Actually, that's a good thing to bring up to Capcom.
The benchmark for SF4 was very useful to have.

Gren

Eh, sounds like I'm gonna have to drop things to literal Clayfighter levels to get this at 60 on the Alienware Alpha.

Can't wait for that beta date, least it should happen well in advance of Black Friday so I can start watching parts.

EDIT: Yeah, benchmark program would be good.

Wow..all these posts showing how they're gonna OC their i5 cpus (saw a skylake owner to..smh) or wondering if their mid-high GPUs will handle the game etc makes me realize that u're noobs in PC gaming. I mean, u still believe at the Requirements thing? That's PURE MARKETING!
All my life I've always been able to play newest games with a mid level GPU. Always used to do 'Can you Run it' lab test & despite the failed to meet the requirement results, I've always gotten to play games at a decent quality & fixed framerate.
Just FYI I still play USFIV on a i3 + Intel HD 4600 integrated graphics! Nuff said.

Really Bruce? I seriously didn't expect this to come from you, especially since you should know the industry better than most us because you're an insider and all.

This isn't the 90's. Fighters are popular on PC.

I could be wrong, but I thought the recommended settings would be what you need to get console settings. A 960 and an i5 are easily better than consoles.

Its just a realm I never really looked into. I have always used my PC for the genre's you would think and never thought about playing a fighting game on it. Kind of like how even if it was power for power I would never play Madden on my Wii U. I didn't know if the fanbase was a niche group or if it actually sold decent numbers.

Gren

Some of Capcom's recent ports (RE Rev 2's early perf probs & DMC4 SE requiring higher specs than vanilla) leave me just a bit hesitant to believe this will be as well-optimized as SF4 was.

I most certainly hope I'm wrong, of course. Just have to wait and see.

Clawww

People keep bringing up SFIV, but it's a different engine entirely and that game came out like 8 years ago. It seems as relevant as bringing up any other random non-UE4 game. Capcom's port efforts on PC have been a mixed bag, but right now my outlook on SFV PC is optimistic. They can't really afford to fuck up and they have a clear goal of a combined community. UE4 is also good news.

TaterTots

Banned

It looks quite a bit better than SFIV to me. I hated the way 4 looked.

Yes, I play on PC. With everything on high and the bells and whistles being on PC, I don't see a huge difference. If you compare MK9 to MKX there is a pretty big difference.

Momentary

Banned
People keep bringing up SFIV, but it's a different engine entirely and that game came out like 8 years ago. It seems as relevant as bringing up any other random non-UE4 game. Capcom's port efforts on PC have been a mixed bag, but right now my outlook on SFV PC is optimistic. They can't really afford to fuck up and they have a clear goal of a combined community. UE4 is also good news.

Capcom has had some of the best ports on PC out of most companies in general.

TaterTots

Banned
Yes, but I found that there are typically a lot less people online on PC vs. Console.

For example, Ultra has more people playing on PS4 than on PC. I could barely find anyone on PC.

Same with Mortal Kombat 9 a few years ago when I got it. 100% dead on PC. Couldn't find a single person. And this was shortly after a sale.

While there is more console players, finding a match has never been difficult for me. Odd.

Lulubop

Capcom has had some of the best ports on PC out of most companies in general.

Yea, not a mixed bag at all.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Some of Capcom's recent ports (RE Rev 2's early perf probs & DMC4 SE requiring higher specs than vanilla) leave me just a bit hesitant to believe this will be as well-optimized as SF4 was.

I most certainly hope I'm wrong, of course. Just have to wait and see.

They are positioning SF V to be the next big eSports game - no doubt this will be much more polished than USFIV.

Yes, I play on PC. With everything on high and the bells and whistles being on PC, I don't see a huge difference. If you compare MK9 to MKX there is a pretty big difference.

Even with the compression and without it being in motion its quite a jump to me. I don't know how that isn't impressive to people.

bob1rkhqqrc1a2mudbsn.jpg

2816205-7_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

I'm still trying to see where people are coming with this idea that SF5 isn't that much better looking than SF4.

Trolling or absolutely blind.

People posts the same pictures detailing the differences, and are met with "well I don't see it" as if that's some sort of ironclad rebuttal.

Clawww

Yea, not a mixed bag at all.

Didn't really phrase that well. I meant to mention their stinkers in the past, which are ages ago by now, but people do sometimes bring them up (I don't think they have any bearing now, especially with their new focus on PC). Recently I think SFxT was kinda fucked up tho? Not sure about Dead Rising 3, either. DMC4:SE also added some funky effects that hamper the performance (runs fucking perfectly after tweaking; should have just been an option). Perhaps not enough to warrant "mixed bag" but I can't fault someone for being skeptical, especially in the broader context of Japanese PC ports (which I'm aware are getting better, etc).

But yeah I'm totally Day 1 on Dragon's Dogma which I expect will be a great port, and like I said, SFV ought to be fine.

TaterTots

Banned
Trolling or absolutely blind.

People posts the same pictures detailing the differences, and are met with "well I don't see it" as if that's some sort of ironclad rebuttal.

I'm not trolling, nor am I blind. I can see a difference, but it's not as big as some let on.

Clawww

I'm not trolling, nor am I blind. I can see a difference, but it's not as big as some let on.

you need to see the game in action. I'm certain that this opinion will completely be erased once the game is out there and more people look at it. it's easily a bigger/more appealing jump than MK9 > MKX imo.

Shadoken

Screenshots and in-motion are two totally different things for SF V.

While most games look better in screenshots and look like ass in game , SF V is the complete opposite.

Moaradin

SFV looks better than MKX anyways. How can you not immediately tell the difference in quality compared to a 7 year old game?

viHuGi

Banned
Random Question i have:

Thinking about getting a 144hz monitor for my Ps4 with low latency to play Star Wars, Black Ops, UC4 MP, SF V.

Would i benefit of those extra hz even if the game is locked at 60 frames and from low input latency? or am i fine with my Full HD 60hz Samsung Tv 32´´ ?

TaterTots

Banned
All I've seen is videos on YouTube and Twitch streams, but I hope everyone is right. Regardless, the graphics don't matter to me much.

Yudoken

Ports/upgrades are usually months late, competition is usually worse, way lower population, Capcom's netcode seems to be worse.... but yea people play fighting games on PC.

Now if PC would stop getting treated like shit from every fighting game publisher I bet even more people would buy them. Dead or Alive and BlazBlue get released on Steam with no online play and these silly people still buy the shit.

Ultra Street Fighter IV on pc is the best version (netcode, graphics, performance and compatibility).
You can use any input device you want on pc, game is very cheap and online is free.
Also great mods make the game better than any version.
Also it runs even on very old hardware good.
No contest.

Its like they are expecting the same jump from SF3 to SF4.

Hell, that'd be unfair considering they are two completely different artstyles/graphical choices!

I don't know what to tell you. From a photo standpoint, it's far clearer, the models have a hell of a lot of detail, and they just look less awkward and unwisely.

More importantly, on a movement standpoint, it's a whole new bag. Characters are animated far better (just look at Birde compared to anyone in 4), the graphical effects are brighter and have a nice sheen on the characters, attacks look smoother, and everything flows into itself without being janky.

Clawww

Random Question i have:

Thinking about getting a 144hz monitor for my Ps4 with low latency to play Star Wars, Black Ops, UC4 MP, SF V.

Would i benefit of those extra hz even if the game is locked at 60 frames and from low input latency? or am i fine with my Full HD 60hz Samsung Tv 32´´ ?

your input lag will definitely be better on a high end PC monitor compared to your TV, but a 144hz monitor to go with a PS4 is really pointless. just get one those ASUS Evo monitors or something @ 1080p with similarly low lag.

Out of curiosity, what makes SFV look better than MKX?

not sure why anyone would want to get into this with you, when you can't even distinguish between IV and V (or just can't be assed to reasonably compare them before remarking on it)

Out of curiosity, what makes SFV look better than MKX?

Animations.
Effects like fireballs and sparks.
Character models.
Constant 60FPS (and not jerking to 30 when x-ray's start).
Clothing looks better.

All that being said, it's not really fair to compare them since MKX originally had plans for a last gen inclusion, where SFV is not

viHuGi

Banned
your input lag will definitely be better on a high end PC monitor compared to your TV, but a 144hz monitor to go with a PS4 is really pointless. just get one those ASUS Evo monitors or something @ 1080p with similarly low lag.

not sure why anyone would want to get into this with you, when you can't even distinguish between IV and V (or just can't be assed to reasonably compare them before remarking on it)

Im thinking about get a Mid Range Pc for some Moba action and CS, also media center so i would like to have a monitor to play these games at high fps, at least 60.

Top Bottom