• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V: New footage of Hot Ryu + Hair down Chun-Li & Cammy

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Just saw Cammy btw, and I'm digging her thigh high boots. Not as wow inducing as Chun Li, but overall a positive step in the right direction.

Chun-Li looks great with her hair down.

It's a shame the accompanying costume is fucking garbage.

You know, I thought this new Chun Li video would be one of the few things that would bring gaf together, but apparently I was mistaken.

This is what I get for assuming the best in people.

Finaika

I love how SF has gone just cheesecake and it's ok yet DOA gets shit. Then again I should not expect somethings form certain quaters of the FGC. :p

Chun's ass ain't got shit on
PreciousLightKillifish.gif

People are just biased towards SF.

I love how SF has gone just cheesecake and it's ok yet DOA gets shit. Then again I should not expect somethings form certain quaters of the FGC. :p

The DOA community shit on themselves when they self-banned the sexy costumes. Some that weren't even sexy. DOA is a good fighting game under the tits and ass, but don't ban the sexiness that's part of the package.

ShinMaruku

Same set of fans chastise one series and unanimously praise the other for cheesecake.

This is mainly what I am getting at.

As for that stupid soft ban, that is exactly what made it pointless and stupid because you have some of the same people calling X game titty fighter while gawking at Chun and Cammy, never mind they always had that angle. I mean part of Cammy's focus was her ass. >_>

Producer

Same set of fans chastise one series and unanimously praise the other for cheesecake.

I see..i guess if you recognize these posters then that makes sense. Otherwise its a big difference in how the two series handle fanservice.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery

I won't speak for everyone here, but I personally looked down on DOA not for its fanservice, but because its female characters were just simply average looking (for the most part).

No inconsistency here! My conscious is clear.

ShinMaruku

I see..i guess if you recognize these posters then that makes sense. Otherwise its a big difference in how the two series handle fanservice.

I think there is a small difference with how then handle it with these two games. Both have embraced the cheese cake. DOA just seems more obvious because they have the costume racket by virtue they can easily handle that more than Capcom can from the art department. Mark my words if Capcom could fire off shit like TN they probably would.

Cammy got some lethal crotch exposure going on. :X

Ibuki should be what, in her early twenties in this one? I wonder if she'll get a nice alt costume. :3

She was still a schoolgirl in 3S. And this is supposed to be taking place before 3 (they never said which one though).

So uh, don't get carried away xD

If you wanna get technical, a lot of people always felt DOA used the fanservice to make up for being the weakest 3D fighter in the competition. I said before the series is pretty decent (haven't played any past 3 myself), even the 1st game, but it's always been the last pick in serious circles compared to Virtua Fighter and Tekken. 'Cuz on average those series just have better playing games and better mechanics, and sometimes throw a little TnA into the mix (moreso what Tekken's done for a while).

So it's like, they and SF (which is obviously one of the top 2D fighting game series out there. It, KOF and GG tend to rule their roost just like VF and Tekken do theirs) can throw in the cheesecake b/c they're still putting that on top of legit good game mechanics and such, and they got a rep for being good-playing fighters before people started eye-humping characters in the games.

DOA started out as a decent playing series that's gotten better over time but they definitely used the TnA to get people to play a fighter that, for a long time, was simply not as good as VF or Tekken. The fact they skipped arcade versions for 3 onward kind of speaks to that.

DR2K

Banned

Those lines are being blurred though. It's how they're handling it that's becoming so similar. Not the use of clevage. It's just fascinating to see 2 different reactions for the same exact thing.

LowParry

Come back when Capcom does a vote on what girls should make it to the next volleyball game, Street Fighter Xtreme.

Skilletor

Come back when Capcom does a vote on what girls should make it to the next volleyball game, Street Fighter Xtreme.

Come back when street fighter advertises their new soft skin engine.

I'm not praising Chun. I'm saying it's not comparable to what doa does.

Gartooth

Wow that Chun Li outfit! I really don't want to give up on buying a physical copy... but that costume is really tempting.

LQX

I fucking love how Chun-Li looks. Also, how can anyone that has played Street Fighter over the years have issues with her costume? And Ryu is partially naked also.

Odrion

Banned

Chun's ass ain't got shit on
PreciousLightKillifish.gif

Legacy. Street Fighter's reputation is being the paragon of fighting games and DOA's is being the paragon of cheesecake. What series advertised with "she kicks high"?

Astarte

Yeah, for 1 in every 20 fanservice outfits a female gets, they might do something for the males.

They do a great job with the manservice if they choose to do it :V
I don't even play DoA but hearing my cousins oooh at Rig and whatever the other people are named is pretty hilarious.

Ryu is an icon while, well, who can even name the male fighters in DOA?

I can totally name Ryu Hayabusa.

Skilletor

I wish that were true. But even then people know Ryu from Ninja Gaiden than DOA, not really a fighting game icon.

And SF Ryu is, what, one of the (if not THE) biggest fighting game icons?

/shrug

You said icon, not fighting game icon.

But this is a stupid topic. Back to them thighs.

FINALLY SOMEONE WHO AGREES

I fucking LOVE Chun-Li's alpha set. Always have.

Same. I would love to see her in casual clothes, too. That goes for everybody. Casual clothes are the best.

Luigi87

The HOT! Package
Y2xa0FB.jpg

fuck me, this looks like the beginning of a network television romcom
4tCIK.gif

I love this.
It's incredibly sexualized yet gender neutral! Chun-Li in her sexy piece, and Ryu with his exposed incredible muscles, his amazing beard, and then you look at the stress lines on his pants and see where they're all pointing to.

As for that stupid soft ban, that is exactly what made it pointless and stupid because you have some of the same people calling X game titty fighter while gawking at Chun and Cammy, never mind they always had that angle. I mean part of Cammy's focus was her ass. >_>

Cammy was one of the originators of the "slot drop" lol

Not

Banned
Fuck yeah both Ryu and Chun-Li turn me on in equal measure. 'sabout time

Ok ok maybe Chun-Li a little more

Top Bottom