• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I get the Season Pass do I have access to all the colors and costumes?
The season pass gets you the 6 Dlc characters for this year, a premium costume for each of those 6 Dlc characters and a stage. That's it. Doesn't even get you all the colors for the premium costumes you do get.

Alucrid

Banned
Weird. I thought that reversal meant something was an actual punish. Should have tested it as Necalli recording Mika on guard recovery

he might have thrown out a normal after which got absorbed by the armor

also, is anyone else continually getting online save upload failed notifications?

rac

Banned
I can't do mika's 10th challenge, either too far away to grab or the hits reset before I get the super out. I can do s.hp into super just fine so I don't know whats going on.

Trickster

Okay I asked this before and didn't get a response, but feel like I have to ask again because it's a consistent problem I have. How the hell do I quickrise as fast as everyone else in this game? Because my quickrise feels like fucking garbage compared to when people are standing and jabbing the splitsecond they hit the floor.

I just had a Ryu do a jumping on me after knocking me down, and despite doing what I know of as quickrise, He's jumping attack stuffed my ex wingless plane because he's already so close that by the time I am up an standing, it's to late, and this is a consistent issue I am having.

qcf x2

Guys who's currently the best Laura player in the pro scene?

I need to get/see some mixups and tips to get in, getting bodied everyday now :(

I don't think there currently is one, but there are some solid players up the leaderboard ladder. One thing I can tell you will improve anyone's game is actually relying less on mixups and learning / relearning the normals and spacing game. I play Mika a lot to relative success and I don't even fish for the rope throw. I only use it as a confirm or a punish, and I go a lot of matches beating people with the basics.

Thing about mixups is it's at best 50/50, meaning there's a huge chance each mixup won't work. Normals, spacing, fundamentals on the other hand have a much higher rate of success. Obviously you want to have both, but if you're feeling frustrated because your mixups aren't working then it wouldn't be a bad idea to hone the other stuff.

Okay I asked this before and didn't get a response, but feel like I have to ask again because it's a consistent problem I have. How the hell do I quickrise as fast as everyone else in this game? Because my quickrise feels like fucking garbage compared to when people are standing and jabbing the splitsecond they hit the floor.

I just had a Ryu do a jumping on me after knocking me down, and despite doing what I know of as quickrise, He's jumping attack stuffed my ex wingless plane because he's already so close that by the time I am up an standing, it's to late, and this is a consistent issue I am having.
It's called a meaty attack. An attack that's already active by the time you get up/can do anything.

There are 3 ways to deal with meaties in this game.

Block or block into V-reversal or use an invincible move like Ex Dp if you have one.

Even Mika's ex peach doesn't have armor when it's starting up so that can be beat before it even comes out.

qcf x2

It's called a meaty attack. An attack that's already active by the time you get up/can do anything.

Block or block into V-reversal or use an invincible move like Ex Dp if you have one.

I think he's talking about the quick rise (2 punches or down), aka how Necalli can get knocked down but he never really touches the floor.

I think he's talking about the quick rise (2 punches or down), aka how Necalli can get knocked down but he never really touches the floor.
But that second part about how ryu's jumping attack stuffed his wingless airplane sounds like a meaty attack.

Edit: I got too focused on the second part of his post. My point was that even with quick rise the threat of meaties is still there.

Trickster

Even Mika's ex peach doesn't have armor when it's starting up so that can be beat before it even comes out.

That's not really what I'm asking though. I'm asking specfiically what I must be doing wrong to have huge problems waking up quickly after a knockdown and getting off attacks off like everyone else is able to.

I've tried jumping in on Mika players before after a knocking them down, only to have the do EX wingplane to me before I'm hardly 2 feet of the ground of my jumpin

That's not really what I'm asking though. I'm asking specfiically what I must be doing wrong to have huge problems waking up quickly after a knockdown and getting off attacks off like everyone else is able to.

I've tried jumping in on Mika players before after a knocking them down, only to have the do EX wingplane to me before I'm hardly 2 feet of the ground of my jumpin
In terms of quickrising, you just have to practice. Go to training mode, set up a situation where the enemy is constantly knocking you down and practice. As for how enemy's can react it's fairly simple.

If you're facing a Mika and they knock you down, the Mika has three options.

Try to jump/crossup

Dash forward and then throw/meaty

Dash forward and command grab. Your jumps can get predictable which is why they went for the wingless airplane.

Guessing and match up knowledge is a huge part of it.

Trickster

In terms of quickrising, you just have to practice. Go to training mode, set up a situation where the enemy is constantly knocking you down and practice. As for how enemy's can react it's fairly simple.

If you're facing a Mika and they knock you down, the Mika has three options.

Try to jump/crossup

Dash forward and then throw/meaty

Dash forward and command grab. Your jumps can get predictable which is why they went for the wingless airplane.

Guessing and match up knowledge is a huge part of it.

I know how to quickrise though. That's not the issue. The issue is that I feel like the time from getting knocked down to getting up and getting off attacks is hugely longer for me than everyone I face.

Other people getting knocked down, and the very moment they land, they bounce backup with a dp or whatever. I have to first land, then start an animation to get on my feet which in the middle of a match takes for fucking ever and gives the enemy lots of time to get in position.

BadWolf

I know how to quickrise though. That's not the issue. The issue is that I feel like the time from getting knocked down to getting up and getting off attacks is hugely longer for me than everyone I face.

Other people getting knocked down, and the very moment they land, they bounce backup with a dp or whatever. I have to first land, then start an animation to get on my feet which in the middle of a match takes for fucking ever and gives the enemy lots of time to get in position.

Just depends on which attack knocks you down, some give the opponent more time to get in on your quick rise than others.

Iirc the neutral quick rise is faster than the back quick rise btw.

Quesa

I can't do mika's 10th challenge, either too far away to grab or the hits reset before I get the super out. I can do s.hp into super just fine so I don't know whats going on.

Not sure how you're setting it up, but my advice:

Dash forward first. Doing it from starting position has less success.

Mika doesn't have a qcb+p move, so you can start doing the first qcb along with the s.HP, then do the second one after.

I tried to replicate the situations you describe, and I think it's just a matter of speed. If you think you're out of range, you can dash forward after the s.LP (per the in-game demonstration) and still connect with s.HP after Nadeshiko, making sure you're in range.

Hope this helps!

Csr

Perhaps you are only doing the back quickrise. Have you tried quickrising with punches or holding the down direction?

HardRojo

It'd help to know which attack from Ryu is knocking you down. If it's a CC sweep, then they have time to space their jump in and go for a meaty. I don't think Mika's wingless plane is invincible on startup, even the EX version, so blocking sometimes might be the best choice.

Alucrid

Banned

it really depends on what attack you use, what attack they use and how well they time their attacks.

ALEX IZ OVERPOWER. PLZ CAPCPCOM NARF HIM HE ALWAYZ BEAT ME.

Seriously, Alex has only been out for 3 days, wait a month or two before saying he's too weak or overpowered.

People calling characters weak or overpowered 2 days after they come out will never not crack me up. NOBODY knows how to play Alex right now. Proper use of his buttons and match up experience against other characters takes time to learn.

Mika is low tier tho :p

I need to get/see some mixups and tips to get in, getting bodied everyday now :(

Rocwell is a great laura player and has a ton of videos on YouTube featuring various mixups and stuff you can do with laura. He also uploads matches he plays against great players as well.

wrongway

Any tips for hard survival?

woops sorry, called it a night right after that post.

For Alex's Hard Survival, I basically relied on:
- Max-range c.HK spam (watch out for AI Gief's perfect max-range command grabs).
- Light Slash Elbow > s.MP > repeat (just keep doing it and they keep getting counter hit by it)
- Meaty Flash Chop > Power Bomb (works every time 70% of the time)
- A lot of Head Crush spam (be careful when the AI starts jump spamming)
- Rapidly spam pause against the psychic bullshit AI to 'read' their inputs. If they get to cheat so blatantly, then so do you. Turtle and punish.
- A whole lot of luck actually getting health when needed. :p

fuck survival

rac

Banned
Not sure how you're setting it up, but my advice:

Dash forward first. Doing it from starting position has less success.

Mika doesn't have a qcb+p move, so you can start doing the first qcb along with the s.HP, then do the second one after.

I tried to replicate the situations you describe, and I think it's just a matter of speed. If you think you're out of range, you can dash forward after the s.LP (per the in-game demonstration) and still connect with s.HP after Nadeshiko, making sure you're in range.

Hope this helps!
Yeah I get the dash up, I just don't buffer the input before s.HP connects? But if that's the case why does s.HP into CA work without buffering?

Quesa

Yeah I get the dash up, I just don't buffer the input before s.HP connects? But if that's the case why does s.HP into CA work without buffering?

That I'm not sure about. Seems like a common thing, though -- for example Alex's s.LP only seems to connect to light flash after a s.MP, least as far as I can tell.

Shito

Vryu doesn't stream too often and he can't attend a lot of tournaments because of his work and living place, but he more or less defined and showed how to play her: the vast majority of the setups you'll see come from him, and he's playing her very safe and methodical until he scores a knockdown and starts the guessing game.

wrongway

Street Fighter V |OT4| FUCK SURVIVAL

qPEAL3s.gif

Edzi

After putting in a bunch of a time with Alex, i've come to the conclusion that I have zero idea why Capcom put him in this game. He's terrible. AWFUL. Easily one of the worst characters in the game, and his kit comes across like he was designed in a vacuum when compared to the starting 16. Why do I say that? Because not only do several of the other grapplers have his tools, but they have BETTER versions of those tools.

First, Alex has some of the slowest normals in the game, both on start-up & recovery. He's got a great st.mp, a solid st.hp, and an okay cr.mk. His cr.mp could be good, but either for the sake of removing its comboability in the footsie range, or because it extends really far out & they figured balancing it should involve making the player wait a longer turn, they shredded its recovery. His lariet is okay, outside of the long start-up time. Basically, with Alex, you're gonna have far few 'turns', than most other characters, in particular other grapplers.

The concept of a charge grappler could seem pretty novel, but there just isn't enough that you get from his charge moves to offset all of the things anchoring Alex. Let's compare him to Birdie. It's actually kind of funny just how many things both Birdie & Alex share. Specials that move the character forward & attack? Sure, but Birdie's are a special input instead of a charge. Jump towards command grab? Yup, but again, Birdie's is a special input, and Alex's is a charge. They even have the same st.hk, except Birdie's is a few frames faster on recovery. And unlike Birdie & Gief, Alex has no access to an armored normal, which is kind of crazy considering how slow his normals can be.

Suffice it to say, Alex has one of the scarier, but also one of the 'weaker' v-skills. It's weak in the sense that Alex doesn't actually build any meter for doing it. See, Alex's v-trigger is meant to offset a lot of his problems. But the reality is, in order to get to it, you're gonna have to block. Unlike the majority of the cast, Alex builds v-meter on blocked hits, which is a game changer for how fast he can build it up. His v-skill won't contribute to gaining meter, unless your hard hit ends up being a crush counter. And it leaves you wide open, and has a rule-set identical to R.Mika's v-skill. Get hit or block after doing his v-skill & hard hit goes away. If the opponent blocks an attack, hard hit goes away.

I really don't know what i'd do to go about fixing Alex. He's underwhelming, highly technical, and is going to require an inordinate amount of reads & player conditioning in order to use effectively.

Weren't you also writing essays about how Necalli was the worst character in the game?

Neoxon

Akuma looks cool but what's with capcom and making every villain have white hair now?
*points at F.A.N.G*

That being said, it would be an interesting way to combine Akuma & Oni's designs. And if this is a transformed state, maybe it explains the white streaks on Akuma's hair in SFIII.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom