• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Kikirin

I know there are a lot of questions surrounding the CPT DLC. I'm working on a FAQ to hopefully address everyone's concerns. I can assure you the majority of the revenue is being invested back into the Capcom Pro Tour. We didn't create this content with the intention of making a profit for ourselves, its to support the community.

GS, haunts. It'll be good to get official word to dispel the cynicism surrounding it.

Neoxon

I know there are a lot of questions surrounding the CPT DLC. I'm working on a FAQ to hopefully address everyone's concerns. I can assure you the majority of the revenue is being invested back into the Capcom Pro Tour. We didn't create this content with the intention of making a profit for ourselves, its to support the community.
That's good to hear. Here's to hoping that the FAQ goes into specific percentages to quell some of the complaints about the CPT DLC.

MrCarter

Cheers for the info haunts and keep up the good work of communication between Capcom and the fans.

Big Brett

I lost to a Ryu who only used sweep and DP. I feel awful from it. I sometimes just really fail to figure out when it's ok to attack.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Yeah, $25 isn't really an issue assuming they come out and say it'll all go to CPT. The way it's been presented though paints it as mostly a greedy money grab.

I think this is just unintentional ambiguous wording.
When Ono came on stage they said that the amount that goes to the prize pool would be determined by the number of downloads.

So there's always something going to cpt, it's just variable.

Never had a doubt, thanks for the clarification though.

TrojanAg

I understood it as simply stating the obvious. The more this bundle sells, the more money would go into the CPT. People simply misinterpreted it as saying that the cut taken from the bundle would be less if it sold less.

kirblar

I understood it as simply stating the obvious. The more this bundle sells, the more money would go into the CPT. People simply misinterpreted it as saying that the cut taken from the bundle would be less if it sold less.
Yeah, they were just dumb about how they phrased it- the % increasing w/ volume makes sense.

Meh, good enough from me after reading this post. Buying the DLC today.

Asd202

Also 7/26 seems to be the patch date because that's when Laura, Ibuki and Cammy one will drop but not 100%. It's just my guess.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
if it's 26 july for them to arrive, I don't see why Juri would arrive any later, unless they want to do 2 content updates in a week.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
That's good to hear. Here's to hoping that the FAQ goes into specific percentages to quell some of the complaints about the CPT DLC.

All I can say about this is its tough to give out specific percentages until we get more data on the download numbers. It would be easy if it was just going into the prize pool, but we also want to invest into the 2017 season as well as I believe there are a lot of areas we can improve with more resources outside of our baseline investment into the tour.

Essentially, we want to have an impressive prize pool this year at Capcom Cup, the largest in CPT history, but we also want to make sure there are adequate funds for some of the activations we'd like to see at tournaments and within the community next year.

All in all, this was my initiative, something I worked on for a long time, so I take full responsibility for the vague messaging and the uncertainty its caused. I'll provide more context and updates in the coming weeks to hopefully clear things up.

Scotia

Banned
Cn6UBwrUIAEqpEX.jpg:large

Akiman designing several Chun-Li costumes

All I can say about this is its tough to give out specific percentages until we get more data on the download numbers. It would be easy if it was just going into the prize pool, but we also want to invest into the 2017 season as well as I believe there are a lot of areas we can improve with more resources outside of our baseline investment into the tour.

Essentially, we want to have an impressive prize pool this year at Capcom Cup, the largest in CPT history, but we also want to make sure there are adequate funds for some of the activations we'd like to see at tournaments and within the community next year.

All in all, this was my initiative, something I worked on for a long time, so I take full responsibility for the vague messaging and the uncertainty its caused. I'll provide more context and updates in the coming weeks to hopefully clear things up.

So there's definitley a second season of DLC?

Neoxon

Noted, I look forward to this FAQ. But no matter how the DLC sells, a majority of the proceeds will go towards the Capcom Cup, right?

Akiman designing several Chun-Li costumes

So there's definitley a second season of DLC?
I'll gladly get those costumes.

Also, they confirmed a 2nd season of DLC months ago.

Kikirin

The info is appreciated. Thanks for telling us what you can so far.

Top Bottom