• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
After Akuma, Gouken sounds like a pretty lame new character. But if the other 5 season pass characters really are new then I can't complain.

z34tyf11gf3y.jpg

This got posted on the SF subreddit.

Am I missing something here? Is the person who posted this a well known reddit poster?

Because this would be among the easiest possible things to fake. Where would they even get this from? Was this in the patch from a few weeks ago?

Onemic

the current UI is so damn boring. And no actual CPT/community news, streams, replays..damn when you really think about it they really fucked this game up hard

But the game was clearly made for the FGC!

z34tyf11gf3y.jpg

This got posted on the SF subreddit.

While the poses behind Chun-Li are drawn, I wonder if Alex's face is an improvement or it's just drawn in, Laura's seems better too.

And while I'm a bit disappointed there's no new UI, I wouldn't say it's terrible either, at least we don't have to go over a thousand sub-menus to get what we want, it's not pretty, but it's handy.

Is there something Im missing here? Everything looks pretty much the same outside of the portraits

Yeah you know what at this point I just don't believe it's coming. Their PSX/CC "presentation" of S2 was miserable.

Tbf, PSX has very limited amounts of time per developer on stage. Capcom had to split the difference with Marvel, and showing off an arcade mode isn't as hype as Akuma, even if casual fans would want to see that. CC's presentation was again limited by time, because at that point they would have shown all the things coming on the 20th (still feel like they should have asked Sony for a dev discussion for the patch notes so people can see what's up).

vulva

If it's from the WSO thing then I can tell you it's no big deal. It was the same build as PSX which we were constantly reminded wasn't the final s2 build. It was basically just the regular game running on a devkit and with some new in game content. I wouldn't put any stock in that.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
If it's from the WSO thing then I can tell you it's no big deal. It was the same build as PSX which we were constantly reminded wasn't the final s2 build. It was basically just the regular game running on a devkit and with some new in game content. I wouldn't put any stock in that.
Wso build was not psx build, it was newer, still not final though

FluxWaveZ

We still have to speculate about this crap less than a week from its supposed release.

Wonder if we'll actually get update notes this week.

Edzi

I watched the entire thing, they said it wasn't later on during some matches and with the akuma demo

They said it was later than the build used by Matt to make the akuma intro vid, and I'm pretty sure they mentioned that what they were playing on was the same as the psx build.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Matt just said he recorded the Akuma video with an older build. Older than the PSX one, that is.

Pompadour

We still have to speculate about this crap less than a week from its supposed release.

Wonder if we'll actually get update notes this week.

Do most companies give out patch notes a week in advance? From my experience the patch notes come the day of or the day before in almost every online game. They only reveal big content updates way in advance to build hype (which they did here), not talk about how Ryu's Cr.MK's hurtbox has been adjusted.

Regardless, it's not like anyone can do anything with the balance information now except overreact to the changes.

Zackat

Do most companies give out patch notes a week in advance? From my experience the patch notes come the day of or the day before in almost every online game. They only reveal big content updates way in advance to build hype (which they did here), not talk about how Ryu's Cr.MK's hurtbox has been adjusted.

Regardless, it's not like anyone can do anything with the balance information now except overreact to the changes.

But I wanna overreact for a couple days with the rest of NeoGAF. We will have rational discussions and all.

FluxWaveZ

I think the thing that makes it weird is the PSX demo and subsequent demonstrations with an "incomplete build." It's like if this were a loketest, but it's actually not since the "test" part was removed and we're just waiting to get our hands on it.

But yeah, I think the trend is to release patch notes either the day before an update goes live, or the day of.

Mizerman

Heh. That'll happen regardless.

Csr

It is not a simple patch it is a whole new season. People were wondering if there are any qol changes or content added, i don't see any balance changes mentioned in the current discussion but we shouldn't expect anything anyway.
I think they don't announce anything because they really don't know what they will have time to add or fix at this time and i doubt there is anything significant being added beyond what has been announced already anyway.

SephLuis

That's what I am expecting the most when we all read that Chun got buffs =)
believe at least she didn't got nerfed to hell and back

Yeah, Matt specifically said that he used an older build which didn't cause grey damage but the most recent build does. And it builds up a pretty decent amount of v-meter when done sucessfully.

Akuma's parry takes full grey life AND has counter hit property on whiff AND counterhit property on whiff of any of it's followups.

Wew lad, with that low health people are going to have to yomi the fuck out of it.

But building v-gauge and him needed it seems like an okay trade off. I was sour on the grey life thing but that sounds better.

Edzi

Wew lad, with that low health people are going to have to yomi the fuck out of it.

But building v-gauge and him needed it seems like an okay trade off. I was sour on the grey life thing but that sounds better.

The V-gauge definitely seems like an okay tradeoff. I wonder if they'll give Gief better meter gain off of V-Skill parries as well, since he needs it more than anyone. Though that being said, I'm not sure I want to encourage more Giefs to parry me into SPD, since I still have problems with that matchup -_-

Mr. X

Let's not call Akuma's vskill a parry, it's a bloody focus attack without a dash cancel (?).

His cr.FP looks like his focus attack strike too.

Wtf is with his crMK though. I thought it was a crouching short.

Skilletor

Let's not call Akuma's vskill a parry, it's a bloody focus attack without a dash cancel (?).

I just call it a counter /shrug

Focus attack had three levels, could be cancelled into a dash, could be armor broken

This has none of those things.

MrCarter

Yep what Skilletor said. This is definitely more of a counter attack than a party.

Zackat

can he do an OTG combo with his super? I saw him do that one "jump smash" (I dunno what to call this) attack and hit them on the ground. Guessing that would be way too strong.

Edzi

He can cancel dp into vtrig.

That was so hot, lol.

I'm excited to finally have a shoto (hybrid?) to play with in SFV. Oni grabbed my interest in sf4 in the brief time I spent with it, but I couldn't even do his bnbs consistently since the execution in that game was so bonkers. The fact that Akuma in SFV seems to be mostly Oni inspired is awesome.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I honestly believe that they're still making changes and that's why they aren't going to release patch notes until an hour before or even days after release. Under the guise of 'we like to let people figure it out for themselves'.

Skilletor

I honestly believe that they're still making changes and that's why they aren't going to release patch notes until an hour before or even days after release. Under the guise of 'we like to let people figure it out for themselves'.

I don't think S2 changes are coming with Akuma.

Why would Combofiend say these things are happening in "The coming weeks" if it was actually less than two weeks away when he posted?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Combofiend has not been the best at communication since he joined Capcom. Haunts has, but not sure what happened to him. He's basically silent now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom