• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qvoth

just watched the wso, man gouki looks really good
definitely gonna buy him and mess around, might give up necalli even

JayEH

There's no way Decapre isn't in. With those rumors that Sagat is done and might be a surprise character, a character with a model and moveset as detailed as Decapre's is likely imo.

Lol. I thought these Sagat rumors were debunked in May. The legend never dies.

Village

Probably Season 4. 2019 - 30th Anniversary of Final Fight

And we already got a mostly 3S focussed Season 1 , so I doubt they will dedicate Season 3 to 3S again.

Cody
Guy
Hugo
Maki
Poison
Cody's brother from street wise everyone forgot lets go
Sike no probably just rolento

I wonder if there is a market for buying new win poses for winning rounds and games? I would pay for that stuff.
The animations would probably be cheap and easy to implement. Capcom would have to pay their voice actors for a few more audio lines though.

Village

I agree with Cody and Guy, but there's tons of FF characters that could be really cool. My personal hope would be for Edi E. or Haggar.

I would throw haggar and Eddy E out of a window for Hugo

Also capcom seems content with keeping haggar out of street fighter, the joke being him and Gief having " the same " moveset

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Late reply, but

Favorite moveset overhaul so far?

Vega is mine, hands down. Alex second.

Ibuki for worst.

Ever played Mika in Alpha 3?

I'm pretty sure that everything that makes her either good or fun in SF5 (irish whip, f.HP, anti-air throw, charged dropkick, Nadeshiko) literally did not exist in that game.

Mr. X

I wonder if there is a market for buying new win poses for winning rounds and games? I would pay for that stuff.
The animations would probably be cheap and easy to implement. Capcom would have to pay their voice actors for a few more audio lines though.

I suggested in a couple spots new match win poses like the 2nd week and immediately after seeing Alex's rapid squat pose.

Late reply, but

Ever played Mika in Alpha 3?

I'm pretty sure that everything that makes her either good or fun in SF5 (irish whip, f.HP, anti-air throw, charged dropkick, Nadeshiko) literally did not exist in that game.

Never used her, hate A3.

Village

Ibuki and Juri needs to be changed back

There needs to be an update, and when it finished, its just 3rd strike Ibuki and sf4 juri movesets and capcom says nothing about. When people ask about it they skip the question

I would throw haggar and Eddy E out of a window for Hugo

Also capcom seems content with keeping haggar out of street fighter, the joke being him and Gief having " the same " moveset

For some reason my brain always registers Hugo as a SF3 character, rather than a FF character. I guess he'd be cool, but I'd like to see some new blood from Final Fight (After Cody and Guy, of course). I think I'd like to see Edi E. most of all because of his relationship with Cody. I mean, he's the reason Cody is in prison to begin with. He also has the potential to have a pretty unique moveset. He's a big guy who's deceptively fast and utilizes a nightstick. You could probably do some neat stuff with that. Or just give him a gun. That'd be neat.

Anyone else suffer from mental fatigue when playing too long? Is this a thing with anyone else?

Today was the first time in a long time I played more than five sets in one sitting. I played non stop for over three hours and around the last hour I started losing almost consistently, the complete opposite of when I first started.

My peripheral vision felt foggy and hazy, my inputs were getting sloppy and I found myself relying on basic moves and reacting more than planning.

Missed inputs happens when I don't get enough sleep the night before when I otherwise feel fine but this is different.

This also brings me back to the betas and earlier in the year when I was basically on SFV all day and started playing worse as the day went on but I just chalked that up to being a scrub and tilt.

I looked it up online and a doctor said that adrenaline and mentally strenuous tasks cause all kinds of bodily effects that eventually effects your brain and causes mental fatigue. He said diet plays a role as well.

Pretty interesting that playing SFV is teaching me a little bit about myself and I'm curious how long some of you play for and do long play sessions effect you.

Anyone else suffer from mental fatigue when playing too long? Is this a thing with anyone else?

Today was the first time in a long time I played more than five sets in one sitting. I played non stop for over three hours and around the last hour I started losing almost consistently, the complete opposite of when I first started.

My peripheral vision felt foggy and hazy, my inputs were getting sloppy and I found myself relying on basic moves and reacting more than planning.

Missed inputs happens when I don't get enough sleep the night before when I otherwise feel fine but this is different.

This also brings me back to the betas and earlier in the year when I was basically on SFV all day and started playing worse as the day went on but I just chalked that up to being a scrub and tilt.

I looked it up online and a doctor said that adrenaline and mentally strenuous tasks cause all kinds of bodily effects that eventually effects your brain and causes mental fatigue. He said diet plays a role as well.

Pretty interesting that playing SFV is teaching me a little bit about myself and I'm curious how long some of you play for and do long play sessions effect you.
I eventually get bored when I play SFV for too long. That never happened a lot in SF4(got more frustrated instead lol).

mbpm1

I do, which is no surprise. People don't have unlimited energy. Even pro players mentioned how hard it was to stay in an attentive state if not a play-state during Capcom cup, some for 12 hours+

Mr. X

Yes it happens. You need to take breaks, even like 10 minutes every hour or so to just stand and walk, get some air and water.

I eventually get bored when I play SFV for too long. That never happened a lot in SF4(got more frustrated instead lol).

SF5 for me is a game where 5 minutes can quickly turn into 5 hours because I lose track of time and get immersed.

The other day, I only wanted to complete the weekly missions for FM and stop. Next thing I know it's 2 AM.

Playing a game you like can probably demand as many mental and phsysical resources as studying for an exam, writing a paper or paying attention in a class on a complicated subject (of course the payoff for those latter activities is much better than giving someone the "L" lol). Even in college some professors recommend that long classes be broken up into several so that students can have multiple fifteen minute breaks. I wouldn't find it strange if gaming also required similar breaks to let the brain, muscles and nerves relax. Sometimes I fight someone particular good that leaves my heart beating like a jackhammer even after a FT3. A couple of FT10s would be mentally and physically exhausting.
Very likely but kind of a stupid idea with how long a season takes. They should really just mix it up like the base game: 2 newcomers, 2 classics, 2 long time no see characters.
This would be even better than 3 new and 3 old.

That's interesting about the Capcom Cup. I'll have to try and find an interview about how they dealt with staying on point for such a long time. I will be taking breaks in the future for sure.

And yes, some of those matches had me physically shaking afterwards. I can't imagine the body would be able to sustain that level of adrenaline hype for as long as I played today.

Also interesting what you said about tests. I wonder if playing demanding games like SFV buffs your mind up to be a little more attentive and give you a little more mental stamina during long classes and strenuous tests.

Help critique my Guile. First online set against a random player, don't really know what I'm doing here.

MjWnxG.gif

leroidys

Awww yiss, seems like there's an influx of newcomers since I got my PS4 Pro and have been able to spend more than 20 minutes a month playing this game. There's even players scrubby enough that I can get some points.

Been playing a bit more. Finally got my Urien to a point where I might start taking him online.

However, I am here for a bit of speculation time. No, its not about the 5 newcomers, although I both support this and can't wait to see them. No, I am here because I believe that Super SFV is going to be announced, and I believe that, if all of the season 2 DLC comes out before EVO 2017, I believe they will announce Super SFV at EVO.

I am fully of the mindset that Capcom is not using any older cast members specifically because they want to utilize them in a larger marketed product, where they will announce many of the new modes & changes that are coming to the base SFV experience that all current owners will be enjoying, free of charge.

I have a few hunches about this, and a few things they've done really show me more is coming.

Been playing a bit more. Finally got my Urien to a point where I might start taking him online.

However, I am here for a bit of speculation time. No, its not about the 5 newcomers, although I both support this and can't wait to see them. No, I am here because I believe that Super SFV is going to be announced, and I believe that, if all of the season 2 DLC comes out before EVO 2017, I believe they will announce Super SFV at EVO.

I am fully of the mindset that Capcom is not using any older cast members specifically because they want to utilize them in a larger marketed product, where they will announce many of the new modes & changes that are coming to the base SFV experience that all current owners will be enjoying, free of charge.

I have a few hunches about this, and a few things they've done really show me more is coming.
Do you mind sharing what else they've done that's pointing you to this conclusion? I agree that is totally a possibility, but I can't think of anything specific that would indicate it.

Vice

Do you mind sharing what else they've done that's pointing you to this conclusion? I agree that is totally a possibility, but I can't think of anything specific that would indicate it.

Well August 2017 is the series 30th anniversary. For both the 15th, 20th and 25th Capcom celebrated the franchise in many ways, including the pre-cursor for the Pro Cup. For the 20th I believe SFIV was announced. Five new characters is cool but a bit underwhelming for a series that is a large part of their present day output and history.
Look at RE's 20th anniversary. New game announced, new games released, classics released, movies and it continues into 2017. Even Mega Man got a new game, even if it was fanbased, for that series most recent big anniversary as well as some titles announced that got canceled.

Season 2 is very underwhelming, even for modern Capcom. Some type of anniversary collection seems like it would be the minimum. Or, at the very least an announcement of a future expansion/entry after Season 2 is done.

Unless they announce Tekken x SF it seems like content in addition to Season 2/a "special" re-release would be the big announcement for the year.

Well, the big one is that they haven't announced 2 modes we found were added into some of the game's files, but they announced season 2. Specifically, Dan's Dojo mode & Arcade mode. At this point, if those modes were in for Dec. 20th, we'd have heard about it. Heck, they even went into the main menu on the WSO Akuma stream and, even though they updated the art on the screen, it wasn't there.

Also, I think the push to have MvC:I be internally developed is a direct response to what occurred with SFV's development. Some of SFV's problems can be found in parts that were outsourced externally (aspect of the netcode & online modes, for example). If Capcom has took it upon themselves to take some parts of development in house, and are truly shoring up content for a big, more heavily marketed rerelease of SFV (which is what I do currently believe), then it makes sense that they would want to use classic characters to help sell this 'rebranding'.

To put it another way - I view the release of classic fan favorites as a play to get older fans back into the game, not necessarily to sell the game to new people. Considering how so many people feel about the game, if Season 2 was the 'play' to bring back lapsed/disgruntled fans, then it would make sense to include a few of them in the Season 2 offerings. And yet, we're not getting any. To me, this is very deliberate, and its not because they are necessarily confident about the 5 newcomers, more so that they have a bigger marketing effort they want to use those classic characters for down the line.

Well August 2017 is the series 30th anniversary. For both the 15th, 20th and 25th Capcom celebrated the franchise in many ways, including the pre-cursor for the Pro Cup. For the 20th I believe SFIV was announced. Five new characters is cool but a bit underwhelming for a series that is a large part of their present day output and history.
Look at RE's 20th anniversary. New game announced, new games released, classics released, movies and it continues into 2017. Even Mega Man got a new game, even if it was fanbased, for that series most recent big anniversary as well as some titles announced that got canceled.

Season 2 is very underwhelming, even for modern Capcom. Some type of anniversary collection seems like it would be the minimum. Or, at the very least an announcement of a future expansion/entry after Season 2 is done.

Unless they announce Tekken x SF it seems like content in addition to Season 2/a "special" re-release would be the big announcement for the year.

I mean, while I do feel that Season 2 is a solid effort in terms of gameplay changes & just having more characters, Season 2 not addressing ANY of the game's few remaining major issues (long loading times, lack of modes), despite the fact that we factually know some movement on at least the modes has been in the pipe for some time now, speaks volumes that Season 2 isn't the only thing they have in active development.

Obviously having another SF title, specifically a iteration of SFV in time for the 30th anniversary, would very much be both a 'Capcom'-esque move, and one that we can see pretty obviously (imo, at least) is coming.

KingBroly

Banned
Well, the big one is that they haven't announced 2 modes we found were added into some of the game's files, but they announced season 2. Specifically, Dan's Dojo mode & Arcade mode. At this point, if those modes were in for Dec. 20th, we'd have heard about it. Heck, they even went into the main menu on the WSO Akuma stream and, even though they updated the art on the screen, it wasn't there.

Also, I think the push to have MvC:I be internally developed is a direct response to what occurred with SFV's development. Some of SFV's problems can be found in parts that were outsourced externally (aspect of the netcode & online modes, for example). If Capcom has took it upon themselves to take some parts of development in house, and are truly shoring up content for a big, more heavily marketed rerelease of SFV (which is what I do currently believe), then it makes sense that they would want to use classic characters to help sell this 'rebranding'.

To put it another way - I view the release of classic fan favorites as a play to get older fans back into the game, not necessarily to sell the game to new people. Considering how so many people feel about the game, if Season 2 was the 'play' to bring back lapsed/disgruntled fans, then it would make sense to include a few of them in the Season 2 offerings. And yet, we're not getting any. To me, this is very deliberate, and its not because they are necessarily confident about the 5 newcomers, more so that they have a bigger marketing effort they want to use those classic characters for down the line.

I think Arcade Mode will be added between February and June of next year. I dunno about Dan's Dojo, which I still don't know what it is.

I think Arcade Mode will be added between February and June of next year. I dunno about Dan's Dojo, which I still don't know what it is.

Nah. I don't think they're going to just bare-bones launch arcade mode. Thats not how you pull out a large fan request, especially if what it is answering is one of the game's biggest strikes against it. And no one knows what Dan's Dojo mode is. If I had to take a guess, it'll obviously be a mode that is more SP-oriented. The 'Dojo' part of the mode at least indicates that it'll be used in part to help train players/people. Hopefully its something more robust/engaging than the current character demonstrations.

Heck, if they were simply going to implement a rushed Arcade mode, they'd have done it in year 1. It not being there during year 1, or at least in the season 2 announcement, even though we know its being worked on, indicates that it is being saved for something else further down the road. As a publisher, I would want to put out a feature as big (for SFV anyway) as Arcade Mode in a bigger marketing initiative than just a Season 2 - this is going to be positioned to bring people back to the series.

The real question is what they'll include in the base SSFV product. If I had to take a guess, its the returning cast roster, which I assume is being saved for SSFV, as well as all the currently released fighters at the time it launches (base 16 + season 1 + season 2). If it were just season 1 & season 2 + the 16, I could see them going for the 'apology' price of $40, but since it'll be base 16 + season 1 + season 2 + season 3, I think they'll go $60. At that point, they can just sell the characters for SSFV as 'season 3' to the already existing owners, and patch the game so that everyone gets SSFV's feature/mode enhancements.

Also, I don't think SSFV will be released until Dec. 2017 or early 2018.

Edit - let me correct that last line - I think that, if its announced at EVO, we'll see it in the fall of this year, actually. They will just release the game while keeping the balance of the current character roster intact, then they'll make another balance patch for season 3.

Here's something interesting:
According to SteamDB, a new 'test200' branch has been added to the SFV depot (for reference, we are on 'test13'), which is 1.76 GB larger than the current version. What is notable is that unlike the other branches, it looks like Capcom has not put a password on this one, either by mistake or because this is intended as a yet-to-be-announced public test.

I am unable to test it at the moment, but you can try to grab it by clicking on SFV in your library, selecting properties, going to the 'BETAS' tab, and selecting 'test200' from the drop-down.

https://steamdb.info/app/310950/

KingBroly

Banned
Nah. I don't think they're going to just bare-bones launch arcade mode. Thats not how you pull out a large fan request, especially if what it is answering is one of the game's biggest strikes against it. And no one knows what Dan's Dojo mode is. If I had to take a guess, it'll obviously be a mode that is more SP-oriented. The 'Dojo' part of the mode at least indicates that it'll be used in part to help train players/people. Hopefully its something more robust/engaging than the current character demonstrations.

Heck, if they were simply going to implement a rushed Arcade mode, they'd have done it in year 1. It not being there during year 1, or at least in the season 2 announcement, even though we know its being worked on, indicates that it is being saved for something else further down the road. As a publisher, I would want to put out a feature as big (for SFV anyway) as Arcade Mode in a bigger marketing initiative than just a Season 2 - this is going to be positioned to bring people back to the series.

The real question is what they'll include in the base SSFV product. If I had to take a guess, its the returning cast roster, which I assume is being saved for SSFV, as well as all the currently released fighters at the time it launches (base 16 + season 1 + season 2). If it were just season 1 & season 2 + the 16, I could see them going for the 'apology' price of $40, but since it'll be base 16 + season 1 + season 2 + season 3, I think they'll go $60. At that point, they can just sell the characters for SSFV as 'season 3' to the already existing owners, and patch the game so that everyone gets SSFV's feature/mode enhancements.

Also, I don't think SSFV will be released until Dec. 2017 or early 2018.

Edit - let me correct that last line - I think that, if its announced at EVO, we'll see it in the fall of this year, actually. They will just release the game while keeping the balance of the current character roster intact, then they'll make another balance patch for season 3.

If it was barebones, they'd have released it by now without cutscenes or anything like that, which is why I say between February and June. Because they need to do recordings and stuff like that for it.

I can't see them releasing a SSF5 around the time MVCI comes out. I can't see an SSF5 at all, unless they made it multiplatform. But I don't see them doing that. I think they're stuck with SF5 and will try to make the best out of it, which won't be much.

EDIT: I'll give it a shot. What should I be looking for with this?

If it was barebones, they'd have released it by now without cutscenes or anything like that, which is why I say between February and June. Because they need to do recordings and stuff like that for it.

I can't see them releasing a SSF5 around the time MVCI comes out. I can't see an SSF5 at all, unless they made it multiplatform. But I don't see them doing that. I think they're stuck with SF5 and will try to make the best out of it, which won't be much.

EDIT: I'll give it a shot. What should I be looking for with this?

Well, SFV is a great game in terms of gameplay, and has actually grown the competitive/esports scene of Street Fighter. And SFV & MVCI are literally selling to entirely different crowds - the gameplay isn't the same at all.

Why would they be recording lines for an Arcade mode? The most work that would be required would be for a a story mode. Thats not what arcade mode is. They could literally do arcade mode ending via text boxes & bengus art if they wanted to. Also, all the new characters are getting voice work, so its not like they aren't spending money on the game anymore. Heck, Akuma has an entirely new VO for crying out loud.

And they've indirectly spoken about a 'Super' SFV before, and said no iteration of SFV would be multiplatform.

Moaradin

Oh wow, there's stuff here.

Code:
[IMG]https://abload.de/img/20161215061929_1gzsre.jpg[/IMG]

Code:
[IMG]https://abload.de/img/20161215061948_1kpsed.jpg[/IMG]

Code:
[IMG]https://abload.de/img/20161215062319_1b2s1v.jpg[/IMG]

Code:
[IMG]https://abload.de/img/20161215062335_1pvs9i.jpg[/IMG]

Code:
[IMG]https://abload.de/img/20161215062337_1shs2g.jpg[/IMG]

It also has the new menu pictures. You can't seem to pick any characters in training mode. There's probably stuff hidden in the files but I can't do any of that.

Vice

Beta is for season 2. Log in you're told you can now pick the music, alerted about rage quittingh. Rage quitter snow get a special icon. Those who don't RQ get an icon as well. Went into training mode. Can't pick characters. Selecting trials crashed the game. Got a message saying combos may not match current retail version.

KingBroly

Banned
Oh wow, there's stuff here.

Code:
[IMG]https://abload.de/img/20161215061929_1gzsre.jpg[/IMG]

Code:
[IMG]https://abload.de/img/20161215061948_1kpsed.jpg[/IMG]

Code:
[IMG]https://abload.de/img/20161215062319_1b2s1v.jpg[/IMG]

Code:
[IMG]https://abload.de/img/20161215062335_1pvs9i.jpg[/IMG]

Code:
[IMG]https://abload.de/img/20161215062337_1shs2g.jpg[/IMG]

It also has the new menu pictures. You can't seem to pick any characters in training mode. There's probably stuff hidden in the files but I can't do any of that.

I didn't get any of the text in those boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom