• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village

Wait Maximillian didn't do a Ed video? Why did he do one for Kolin and not him? He makes a silly video of rocket racoon (that was in the previous game anyway) super yet he can't do one for a really dynamic and exciting new character in the SF franchise. Unsubscribed.

it doesn't interest him maybe?

Which is weird because he's rock howard.

Just give him time, i'm sure he will say something

Guy from my understanding works like a dog, maybe he's busy. the one that interests me more though is wooly

Ed looks really cool. Not my style of character but he looks really interesting.

And he's got the fuckboy outfit as an option for those that really wanted that look too.

MrCarter

Sub to vesper. He's actually good at the game...

I am.

Sorry guys, I know Max is cool an' all but lately I just find him so...click bait. I mean if he doesn't like the game that's fine but as a huge proportion of people sub to him for SF info I find it a bit disingenuous when he doesn't do these "OMGREACT" videos like he does for others. Maybe I just expected too much.

Ed looks really cool. Not my style of character but he looks really interesting.

And he's got the fuckboy outfit as an option for those that really wanted that look too.

I often rock a (sleeved) hoodie as well...I think it looks aight. Could use more detail but it's cool.

I like his cadet uniform but that tiny hat and hair are horrible.

Edzi

I am.

Sorry guys, I know Max is cool an' all but lately I just find him so...click bait. I mean if he doesn't like the game that's fine but as a huge proportion of people sub to him for SF info I find it a bit disingenuous when he doesn't do these "OMGREACT" videos like he does for others. Maybe I just expected too much.

I mean, he *is* clickbait. Seems like a nice dude overall though, just panders really hard to his audience which rubs most other people the wrong way. He's also pretty vocal about not liking SFV, so I'm not sure why you're waiting on him for SFV content.

Wait Maximillian didn't do a Ed video? Why did he do one for Kolin and not him? He makes a silly video of rocket racoon (that was in the previous game anyway) super yet he can't do one for a really dynamic and exciting new character in the SF franchise. Unsubscribed.

Personally, while I do love Max's coverage on games he plays & enjoys, I do find his argument against SFV is a bit hollow. The core of his argument is that the game has a limited combo system, which limits player expression, and that the game did have that in earlier beta builds but Capcom had systematically reduced it in order to promote character specialization & archtypes.

I can agree that the combo system is indeed more limited than it was in beta build 1, or compared to SF4 (which ofc it will be - Focus Attack mechanic allowed all sorts of stuff), but I don't think it limits either player expression, or that the game doesn't gain depth in where it makes its trades in its gameplay systems. It's a big debate that isn't really worth getting into here. Then again, I largely prefer the sort of meta gameplay SFV goes for however, so I am a natural bias in favor of this.

MrCarter

I mean, he *is* clickbait. Seems like a nice dude overall though, just panders really hard to his audience which rubs most other people the wrong way. He's also pretty vocal about not liking SFV, so I'm not sure why you're waiting on him for SFV content.

Yep, this. I'm just a little annoyed that a lot of people from his channel (let's say the "casuals") won't get to see how cool and unique Ed is I guess. Oh well.

VariantX

Sub to vesper. He's actually good at the game...

I second this. He does excellent work with his breakdown and character analysis videos. He even occasionally does easy to understand tutorial videos on aspects of the game like throw loops and things people have trouble doing like flash kick in to sonic hurricane. Its not like he doesn't do clickbait-y speculation vids on rumors, but he has a shit ton of substance that more than makes up for it.

Alchemist

Far right. Sagat at the end of the year?

d02de1e47b97c78cb9fb399be7dfd652.jpg

Numb

It's not that suggestive. It's just a pair of tights.

Honestly there's nothing in SFV that's "too hot" for TV.

Hot Ryu got the trademark of hotness
If they can watch shirtless sweaty men wrestle and box, they can watch that shirtless sweaty man box

Then why wont they sell me alex's nostalgia costume?
It's not about what you want
It's what you'll have to get to not see bad outfits

Xeteh

I dunno, Laura's story costume is pretty trashy.

Its seriously the most garbage of costumes. I'm all for sexy outfits but that story costume is super dumb, every time Laura moves even a bit those boobs would be out and about.

Bigg_Oggy

Hopefully the beta allows me to sit in training mode and not force me into matches. That may go against what the beta is about, but I wanna practice with Ed a little bit before getting bopped online.

Hot Ryu got the trademark of hotness
Ryu better watch his back, the fight for top SF beefcake is heating up.

I dunno, Laura's story costume is pretty trashy.
It's trashy, but nothing that would be too much to be shown on TV.

It's too hot for American TV lol
Eh, only for people who are too uptight IMO. SFV is rated T, and no costume in the game exceeds those boundaries.

Urien's thong, the most suggestive outfit in the game, is still fine to be shown on a sporting network IMO.

Spman2099

I think Ed's primary costume is almost good. Almost. It is the hat that ruins it. I hope we get the option to remove the hat. That would be sick. Otherwise, I will probably rock one of his alts. I will be interested to try him out in the near future. I wonder if he is going to feel somewhat like Nelson in KoF XIV...

Don't know why anybody thinks this.
I mean...I know why, I guess. I just don't understand it.

The fifth character is going to be Satsuki. I would be shocked if that wasn't the case.

Personally, while I do love Max's coverage on games he plays & enjoys, I do find his argument against SFV is a bit hollow. The core of his argument is that the game has a limited combo system, which limits player expression, and that the game did have that in earlier beta builds but Capcom had systematically reduced it in order to promote character specialization & archtypes.

I can agree that the combo system is indeed more limited than it was in beta build 1, or compared to SF4 (which ofc it will be - Focus Attack mechanic allowed all sorts of stuff), but I don't think it limits either player expression, or that the game doesn't gain depth in where it makes its trades in its gameplay systems. It's a big debate that isn't really worth getting into here. Then again, I largely prefer the sort of meta gameplay SFV goes for however, so I am a natural bias in favor of this.

What it comes down to is that Max just doesn't like SFV. He has said as much in the past. Personally, I think his complaints fall short when he talks about expression being limited, as he likes UMvC3, which wasn't exactly a haven for expression; almost every character looked identical in the hands of every top player. Sure, there was Champ and Chris G, but they were the exception to the rule. However, this isn't about expression, and it never was. It is about Max not liking SFV, and he isn't obligated to like any given game.

Ultimately, Max is pretty blind to all the bad stuff in all the games he likes, and is laser focused on the bad stuff in all the games he dislikes. Which is fine. It is his channel, and we don't get to dictate how he feels. He also doesn't owe us a rational explanation. He just doesn't like it, so don't expect him to talk about it.

Abigail is probably one of the DLC characters.
Then the girl.
Then probably Garuda.

The girl doesn't match up to any dolls' outlines besides some minor, superficial details.

If they do use Sat, though, I'd take that over fucking Byron and Azam.

Hopefully the beta allows me to sit in training mode and not force me into matches. That may go against what the beta is about, but I wanna practice with Ed a little bit before getting bopped online.

RE: Ed's Hats

I've come around to the hat on his default outfit. I actually like it now, just as I like the hat on his Battle Costume. The only problem is the brim, or lack thereof. The hat on his default should not have that small brim sticking out, while the hat of his Battle Outfit actually needs a brim. Not sure why they made those changes from traditional military gear in that regard.

This is what they should look like:
Default cap:
bi2dRi7.jpg

Battle Outfit cap:
azVB8j1.jpg

Mizerman

Abigail is probably one of the DLC characters.
Then the girl.
Then probably Garuda.

The girl doesn't match up to any dolls' outlines besides some minor, superficial details.

If they do use Sat, though, I'd take that over fucking Byron and Azam.

I've actually came around to the idea of Abigail possibly being playable. I'm still a bit unsure about Garuda being in, tho.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
5 bars match requested, 2 bars match with someone from another continent given. Thank you capcom.

Skilletor

I think Ed's primary costume is almost good. Almost. It is the hat that ruins it. I hope we get the option to remove the hat. That would be sick. Otherwise, I will probably rock one of his alts. I will be interested to try him out in the near future. I wonder if he is going to feel somewhat like Nelson in KoF XIV...

The fifth character is going to be Satsuki. I would be shocked if that wasn't the case.

I would be shocked if i were the case. She would be seen as a clone character, no matter the moveset. Capcom is stupid, but they've been on point with these characters, and I just don't see any situation where a doll is considered a new character to the SF universe.

If it is a doll, then Capcom is way more stupid than even I believed.

Spman2099

I would be shocked if i were the case. She would be seen as a clone character, no matter the moveset. Capcom is stupid, but they've been on point with these characters, and I just don't see any situation where a doll is considered a new character to the SF universe.

If it is a doll, then Capcom is way more stupid than even I believed.

New character as in they haven't been playable. Just like Kolin and Ed. I imagine she will have a completely new move set. That being said, it is still an anti-hype character.

Still, I hope you are correct. I really, really do. I hope I am being silly and you are bang on correct.

I am wondering if any of the remaining three characters will actually be brand new to the SF universe, or if they'll all be former NPCs.

Spman2099

I am wondering if any of the remaining three characters will actually be brand new to the SF universe, or if they'll all be former NPCs.

Ed comes pretty close. Sure, he was in the story mode, but his model is so radically different that in all but name he is completely new.

More than anything I want a Final Fight character or a Rival Schools character (or even better, both). Akira would be incredibly sick.

Kashiwaba

Ed comes pretty close. Sure, he was in the story mode, but his model is so radically different that in all but name he is completely new.

More than anything I want a Final Fight character or a Rival Schools character (or even better, both). Akira would be incredibly sick.
I'm really hoping for Rival school characters, Capcom killed the series but at least they can give something to it's old fans.

He is close, and I certainly appreciate his redesign, but I think it would be cool to see at least one totally brand new character from a story standpoint too.

Another Final Fight character would be great, considering they're so closely tied together, and if I could add Saturday Night Slam Masters to that list too, I'd be all for that. (Since all three series fall under the same canonical umbrella.)

Rival Schools on the other hand should stay separate IMO, as I mentioned below.

I'm really hoping for Rival school characters, Capcom killed the series but at least they can give something to it's old fans.
Rival Schools deserves it's own sequel, and the director wants to make one. The cast of SF is already so huge, folding in the roster of RS would be a disservice to both IMO.

And I'm a huge RS fan. It's my favorite fighting series ever.

Kashiwaba

He is close, and I certainly appreciate his redesign, but I think it would be cool to see at least one totally brand new character from a story standpoint too.

Another Final Fight character would be great, considering they're so closely tied together, and if I could add Saturday Night Slam Masters to that list too, I'd be all for that. (Since all three series fall under the same canonical umbrella.)

Rival Schools on the other hand should stay separate IMO, as I mentioned below.

Rival Schools deserves it's own sequel, and the director wants to make one. The cast of SF is already so huge, folding in the roster of RS would be a disservice to both IMO.

And I'm a huge RS fan. It's my favorite fighting series ever.
Well it seems to me Capcom forgot about the whole franchise l, so i wouldn't mind getting even one of it's characters as a guest character here.

Well it seems to me Capcom forgot about the whole franchise l, so i wouldn't mind getting even one of it's characters as a guest character here.
I don't think it's out of the question, but as I said, Itsuno has plans for RS3. Whether or not he'll get to make it is another story, but the desire is there.

Lulubop

I don't think RS is ever going to have a new entry. Sure Itsuno would like to make one, but Capcom would want Itsuno to make a DMC or DD. I think Capcom would be content with Marvel and SF going forward, there's only so many fighters you can throw out and this isn't the 90s/early 2000s. So I'll take a RS character as a bone, any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom