• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
We talking about stages again?

I want Sodoms A2 stage back

050305131178119.png

I always liked the bathroom stage for some reason.

hpd4t9b6qmnfkce4g.jpg

sixghost

I never really had to deal with normal/back recovery because I had been playing Ibuki for so long, so how do you guys deal with the possibility of both recoveries? I'm trying to learn Vega, and it's frustrating when I can't keep the pressure going on my knockdowns. Do you just take note of which one your opponent is doing more often, and use the oki timing for that? I've copied a few setups in the corner when a cr.HP covers both recoveries, but that seems like the exception.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I really was hoping Sodom would make it in early on. He really is a bit of an unconvential design. Rekkas. Command grab(s). He's also one of the few characters that had a KD recovery move.

remz

Dang, SF3 had some really great stages. First time seeing the eclipse akuma stage... can you actually fight on it in game? it looks awesome

Why not? The CFN update has a stage picker for random select.
I mean, besides the point that it's actually bad for causal play as well.

They're already breaking the rules of realism and physics by having an empty can rolling through waves of sea water (among other things) so why not go all the way and have it overlap the water/grass so it's always in front and visible. If they did this, then I'd be ok with it and sure it would look silly but they wouldn't have any reason to be tournament banned.

Dahbomb

That fireman costume is nice but Alex is still going to look stupid AF with those backwards legs.

There are probably a bunch of thirsty Chunner fans buying up all these costumes for her.

I almost took a game off of two people as Laura because they don't know how to deal with the knee and all I did was mash that button .

Hit
The
Lab

Can you really, with a straight face, say that F.A.N.G's story costume is garbage?

My respect for you as F.A.N.G -senpai depends greatly on your answer.
OK, maybe it's not garbage.

It's not BAD, it's just that it's not a costume that I personally can use for more than one first-to-3 set. The original is just too good.
I'd say FANG is more like a 5 year old.

Can barely walk..
Have you seen his moves? Dude twists and moves around like an action figure made of jelly. Him and Zafina from Tekken would make a great couple.
Can only count to 2.
2 hands are more than adequate for murder.

Hands are dirty all the time.
Dirty with poison. That he uses to murder his enemies. In cold blood.

Looks up to someone for everything.
Have you forgotten this man was the head of his own assassin's guild? And that Bison kept him alive because he was a legitimate threat?

Plus who wouldn't follow SF5 Bison, dude looks so badass.

This is where bundles come into play!!

Otherwise you're right. A FANG costume would probably earn a grand total of 60$ from people who like the character, and all the rest of the money is coming from TOs.

Neoxon

Honestly, I can see F.A.N.G returning in SFVI trying to resurrect Shadaloo, seeing as Vega & Balrog don't really give a fuck, anymore.

Torry

Neo Member
OK, maybe it's not garbage.

It's not BAD, it's just that it's not a costume that I personally can use for more than one first-to-3 set. The original is just too good.

That's fair, I agree his default is amazing. To me he's definitely the most visually interesting character, and I love the clean scholar look he has going in his story costume. He even looks a little handsome.
His premium outfit though.... Now that belongs somewhere where the sun doesn't shine very often.

Edit: Looks like I screwed the quote over

Edit 2: Thanks!

Just add[/QUOTE] to where my post ends.

Whenever a tag starts, it has to end somewhere else it's just considered part of the text in the post.

So if I start with ["QUOTE"] then I add ["/QUOTE"] where the quote ends. (without the quotation marks naturally)

Just add[/QUOTE] to where my post ends.

Whenever a tag starts, it has to end somewhere else it's just considered part of the text in the post.

So if I start with ["QUOTE"] then I add ["/QUOTE"] where the quote ends. (without the quotation marks naturally)

You can use [plain] tags to prevent tags being parsed:

"So if I start with [plain][QUOTE] then I add [/QUOTE][/plain] where the quote ends."
=
"So if I start with [QUOTE] then I add [/QUOTE] where the quote ends."

Ooh nifty, didn't know about that tag.

Now to try and take the conversation in a bit of a different direction, I've been thinking about the abhorrent state of the balance in this game and there are some specific changes that I personally would like to see. Here's my suggestion for FANG as I actively play the character and so have a decent idea of what I'd like to see changed.

F.A.N.G
  • F.A.N.G now has 925 HP
  • St.hp is now -3 oB, down from -2 oB.
  • St.hp is now +2 oH, up from +1 oB.
  • His poison from specials now does 75 damage over 8 seconds or around 9 dmg/sec. Every time a poisoned move hits the target, the damage taken is increased by 75 and will do around 18 dmg/sec and so on and so on. Duration is NOT refreshed however.
  • V-skill now does 150 damage over 8 seconds or around 18 dmg/sec if poison state is caused by V-skill. If it hits an already poisoned opponent, poison is increased by 75 dmg, just like a special move. Duration is NOT refreshed.
  • V-Trigger can now be cancelled into from medium and heavy trap if connected on the first 3 active frames of the move.
  • V-Trigger now allows poison duration to also be refreshed on top of the damage increase.
  • V-Trigger no longer has a cloud of poison covering the character, but rather a "pulse" that happens every 5 seconds. The pulse is visually the same as the previous cloud and carries the same range. Each pulse is active for 0.75 seconds.
  • The V-Trigger pulse does not refresh or increase damage of the poison, it only starts it at 75 damage over 8 seconds or around 9 dmg/sec.
Here are some changes for other characters that I'd like to see but these aren't as detailed.

Balrog
  • EX Dash punch cancel into v-skill is now -6 oB. Cancel into v-skill->punch is a true blockstring.
Akuma
  • V-Trigger now lasts indefinitely.
  • Startup of st.hk reduced by 1 frame.
Kolin
  • cr.mp is now +3 oB
  • Pushback reduced for cr.mp
  • Counter no longer leaves Kolin in a counter-hit state on whiff.
  • medium hands is now -8 oB, up from -9

Feel free to share changes you want to see for your character.

Torry

Neo Member
Ucchedavāda;234386917 said:
You can use [plain] tags to prevent tags being parsed:

"So if I start with [plain][/plain] where the quote ends."
=
"So if I start with where the quote ends."

This is also nice to know. Thanks!

Regarding F.A.N.G changes, I'm not very knowledgeable about specifics so I'll just speak generally.

The change I would like the most is for poison to be scarier for the opponent. I want the sameish combo I do, relative to my opponents, to do more damage if the poison stays all the way, and less if they get rid of it fast.

Some extra unique quirk for the V-trigger would also be nice.

Everything else is pretty great. His st.Hp is my life.

[/LIST]Akuma

• I don't think Akuma's V-Trigger should last for the rest of the round but I do think he should get maybe 2-3 more specials out of it before it runs out.

Half the cast can't deal with double air fireballs so if he had it for the rest of the round it'd be a bit too strong imo.

Fair enough but it IS supposed to be a comeback mechanic that takes 3-bars.

I guess giving him 3 more specials before the bar runs out would be decent.

mbpm1

Balrog
  • EX Dash punch cancel into v-skill is now -6 oB. Cancel into v-skill->punch is a true blockstring.

• Can't you always interrupt this already? Not sure what the data is but I've been able to stop it once I see Rog is going for it.
Akuma

• Sure, maybe not indefinitely, but longer at least.
Kolin
  • cr.mp is now +3 oB

Cr. mp change would be nice. A dedicated jabber won't be able to interrupt strings in the same way, and she already doesn't get in that easily in the first place. Maintaining some pressure would be easier.

Counter being buffed is a thing I would take for sure. She already has almost as much whiff recovery as a command throw. Not sure it's needed to hurt her more.

Not sure what the medium hands buff means. Why?

For my Kolin changes

• EX hands now fully connects from all ranges. No more whiffs from far range.
    Reason: It's annoying having this whiff and leave you negative a billion from further out. It doesn't feel necessary to make this happen.
  • Her MK and EX MK dash can no be cancelled into a normal from much earlier in the animation, letting her start and then stop from further away or follow up attack as it is now.
    Reason: This makes MK Dash less of a one trick pony. Realistically you'd only use it now when your opponent is locked up on something else. The benefits of it as opposed to just coming in with a normal dash is pretty low. This might be a bit strong though.
  • St. hk no longer sends the opponent flying away on counterhit. Instead it works more like ryu's st hk, allowing for easier followups in neutral.
    Reason: Why the fuck do her CC's suck in neutral while necalli gets braindead st. hk into lolwtf damage? As it is you would never use st. hk except for an anti air or CC punish as well so this would make it less irrelevant.
  • V-reversal buffed to be faster/have less vulnerable frames.
    Reason: It's kinda ass right now against an attentive opponent.

Ooh nifty, didn't know about that tag.

Now to try and take the conversation in a bit of a different direction, I've been thinking about the abhorrent state of the balance in this game and there are some specific changes that I personally would like to see. Here's my suggestion for FANG as I actively play the character and so have a decent idea of what I'd like to see changed.

F.A.N.G
  • F.A.N.G now has 925 HP
  • St.hp is now -3 oB, down from -2 oB.
  • St.hp is now +2 oH, up from +1 oB.
  • His poison from specials now does 75 damage over 8 seconds or around 9 dmg/sec. Every time a poisoned move hits the target, the damage taken is increased by 75 and will do around 18 dmg/sec and so on and so on. Duration is NOT refreshed however.
  • V-skill now does 150 damage over 8 seconds or around 18 dmg/sec if poison state is caused by V-skill. If it hits an already poisoned opponent, poison is increased by 75 dmg, just like a special move. Duration is NOT refreshed.
  • V-Trigger can now be cancelled into from medium and heavy trap if connected on the first 3 active frames of the move.
  • V-Trigger now allows poison duration to also be refreshed on top of the damage increase.
  • V-Trigger no longer has a cloud of poison covering the character, but rather a "pulse" that happens every 5 seconds. The pulse is visually the same as the previous cloud and carries the same range. Each pulse is active for 0.75 seconds.
  • The V-Trigger pulse does not refresh or increase damage of the poison, it only starts it at 75 damage over 8 seconds or around 9 dmg/sec.
Here are some changes for other characters that I'd like to see but these aren't as detailed.

Balrog
Akuma
Kolin
  • cr.mp is now +3 oB

No endless VT for Bison? :(

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Any tips for survival on hard? I can't past stage 33. I'm playing with Mika and the cpu just jumps all the command grabs. I guess I should play with ken?

MrCarter

I've said it before, I love F.A.N.G. He is an absolutely amazing character with a very unique playstyle and moveset for SF5, Street Fighter in general tbh.

It's the GAME that pisses me the fuck off.

Yeah it's because of new characters like FANG, Kolin, Rashid etc I can't wait to see who the next 4 are. Capcom' management are clearly not very good but I can't fault thier game/battle designers.

I can see why FANG is the worst character in the game now. 3f moves will stuff out anything. But for 4f it's frustrating, they can press anything. His St.Mp has enough push back and with his slim hurtbox he can whiff punish with the only hopes FANG players will randomly do a sweep on block with V-Trigger or a Fireball up front.

a counter-hit state on whiff.

This better be a universal buff for those with a parry. Ryu's is shit.

No endless VT for Bison? :(
No.

I can see why FANG is the worst character in the game now. 3f moves will stuff out anything. But for 4f it's frustrating, they can press anything. His St.Mp has enough push back and with his slim hurtbox he can whiff punish with the only hopes FANG players will randomly do a sweep on block with V-Trigger or a Fireball up front.
FANG has to work 6x as hard as Necalli, 7x as hard as Urien and 9x as hard as Balrog to accomplish the same damage/result. Never get into a battle of attrition with someone who plays FANG.

Parries are indeed just shit in this game, i don't know why they bother. Only halfway-decent one is Akuma's and halfway-decent feels like too much of a compliment.

Can't you always interrupt this already? Not sure what the data is but I've been able to stop it once I see Rog is going for it.

Sure, maybe not indefinitely, but longer at least.

Cr. mp change would be nice. A dedicated jabber won't be able to interrupt strings in the same way, and she already doesn't get in that easily in the first place. Maintaining some pressure would be easier.

Counter being buffed is a thing I would take for sure. She already has almost as much whiff recovery as a command throw. Not sure it's needed to hurt her more.

Not sure what the medium hands buff means. Why?
  • EX hands now fully connects from all ranges. No more whiffs from far range.
    Reason: It's annoying having this whiff and leave you negative a billion from further out. It doesn't feel necessary to make this happen.
  • Her MK and EX MK dash can no be cancelled into a normal from much earlier in the animation, letting her start and then stop from further away or follow up attack as it is now.
    Reason: This makes MK Dash less of a one trick pony. Realistically you'd only use it now when your opponent is locked up on something else. The benefits of it as opposed to just coming in with a normal dash is pretty low. This might be a bit strong though.
  • St. hk no longer sends the opponent flying away on counterhit. Instead it works more like ryu's st hk, allowing for easier followups in neutral.
    Reason: Why the fuck do her CC's suck in neutral while necalli gets braindead st. hk into lolwtf damage? As it is you would never use st. hk except for an anti air or CC punish as well so this would make it less irrelevant.
  • V-reversal buffed to be faster/have less vulnerable frames.
    Reason: It's kinda ass right now against an attentive opponent.
I'll be honest, I just tossed that hands oB buff in there, I really don't know what to buff.

I personally want this character to be one with semi decent pokes that can kinda play footsies. But capcom wants her to be a setup/up close pressure character. Both are valid but it's just not my scene.

Your suggested buffs are VERY good.

Reizo Ryuu

No sending them flying is when they spin and leave the ground, stHK doesn't do that, and you only need to dash if they are out of range for stLK, which connects just fine after stHK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom