• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

kofvscapcom

Neo Member
this holding buttons to remove apparel seems to be a thing moving forward, they'll probably make removing the hat/cape something you can do for Ed.

Pompadour

They haven't really done it for anyone's three starting costumes however (normal, battle, and story)

On Eleague there was a shot of Balrog shirtless like they removed his robe from his default outfit. It may be something they're adding.

It's probably too late now but I kind of wish they implemented alternate clothing items for each costume you can unlock with "none" being a unlocked by default option. Story Ryu essentially has a different haircut and that's it. That should have just been an option for his normal costume.

Pompadour

They gotta make a Balrog nostalgia costume with his shirt ripping off like his SF2 win pose when pressing special inputs

I wish but ever since someone pointed out Alex's CA freeze pose looks like he's hulking out and tearing off an invisible shirt my guess is they tried and failed to animate tearable clothing.

Blueblur1

Awesome OP, Reizo.

Damn, so many of you guys are platinum. I need to get off my ass and start working on improving my game.

Awesome OP, Reizo.

Damn, so many of you guys are platinum. I need to get off my ass and start working on improving my game.

Just an FYI, Platinum does not equal good.

I've faced a few Gold players that always give me a more invigorating and challenging fight than most Ultra Plats/Diamonds.

mbpm1

Awesome OP, Reizo.

Just gotta practice like

Tp4fuDF.gif

If we're putting up platinums for bragging rights then put me up there lol

USA: CFN Giefstew - Kolin Platinum

kofvscapcom

Neo Member
they need to do some more win poses/taunts, just some other forms of personalization. Make them unlockable once you reach a certain level with characters or something. Maybe not a loot treadmill to the level of Heroes of the Storm right now(though that seems to be working out for them), but just something for playing the game besides trickles of fight money.

Blueblur1

Just an FYI, Platinum does not equal good.

I've faced a few Gold players that always give me a more invigorating and challenging fight than most Ultra Plats/Diamonds.

Got it. But keep in mind I'm still bouncing around Bronze tiers. :p

My execution still stinks (input for fireball but DP comes out, etc.), sometimes button mash and drop combos. SFV is the first FG I've tried learning seriously so I'm still in newbie territory. Plus until recently I've spent months at a time just watching streams and not playing.

I did win my first match at EVO last year though. Lol

Wouldn't people need to be playing it on PS4 for that to be true?

I can't ever find matches.
Exactly, more people start playing the PC version inspires more PS4 players to get back into it means more people in general.

Also finding lobbies has become a lot more reliable with the latest patch. I NEVER found any lobbies before but with the new update, I can always find a few. And the people who live in Latin America, North America or Europe should have a much more convenient time of it. The netcode is really not bad at all, definitely better than KoF XIII's .

Though this would all be pointless if there's no crossplay :(
Got it. But keep in mind I'm still bouncing around Bronze tiers. :p

My execution still stinks (input for fireball but DP comes out, etc.), sometimes button mash and drop combos. SFV is the first FG I've tried learning seriously so I'm still in newbie territory. Plus until recently I've spent months at a time just watching streams and not playing.

I did win my first match at EVO last year though. Lol
Regarding the fireball, it often happens that due to the game's input buffer favouring DPs over fireballs that a DP comes out over a fireball. An easy counter to that is to do a half circle motion for a fireball instead of a qcf.

LakeEarth

Ed's style really interests me, but I'm trying my best to wait for a season 2 sale on PSN. So far it's only been on sale when bundled with season 1, which I don't need.

Usually it does though.
I'm not seeing it.

Though my standard for good is mainly just "don't spam one move even when that move isn't working".
Ed's style really interests me, but I'm trying my best to wait for a season 2 sale on PSN. So far it's only been on sale when bundled with season 1, which I don't need.
The Season 1 Pass didn't go on sale until very late in the year so realistically you should expect the same here.

mbpm1

I've met my fair share of dumbass plats

It's 50/50 still whether you'll meet someone good or someone who's an idiot.

Although in this game sometimes being an idiot is a thin line from being persistent and getting a W because that one time it worked you started offense and steamrolled them bc that's how the game works.

Skilletor

Exactly, more people start playing the PC version inspires more PS4 players to get back into it means more people in general.

Also finding lobbies has become a lot more reliable with the latest patch. I NEVER found any lobbies before but with the new update, I can always find a few. And the people who live in Latin America, North America or Europe should have a much more convenient time of it. The netcode is really not bad at all, definitely better than KoF XIII's .

Though this would all be pointless if there's no crossplay :(
Regarding the fireball, it often happens that due to the game's input buffer favouring DPs over fireballs that a DP comes out over a fireball. An easy counter to that is to do a half circle motion for a fireball instead of a qcf.

Yeah, the netcode is pretty solid. I have trouble playing Angel, but most other characters are no problem. I guess I haven't looked for lobbies in awhile. It was rough finding random matches. Might have been the random times I was looking.

Hope it has crossplay if just to set a precedent.

FluxWaveZ

Usually it does though.

Over time, the meaning of rank has naturally been affected by LP creep. Higher ranks, more often than not, represent one's skill (not necessarily directly, because of several factors like how many times one plays Ranked), but Platinum isn't as meaningful as it was several months ago.

myco666

I'm not seeing it.

Though my standard for good is mainly just "don't spam one move even when that move isn't working".

Obviously depends on what you think is good. Pretty much all Plats are way beyond my skills so I find most of them to be good.

Over time, the meaning of rank has naturally been affected by LP creep. Higher ranks, more often than not, represent one's skill (not necessarily directly, because of several factors like how many times one plays Ranked), but Platinum isn't as meaningful as it was several months ago.

It isn't as meaningful as it was sometime a go but I think it is still pretty meaningful. Like if you are in Plat you are at top10k or something, right?

Edzi

Obviously depends on what you think is good. Pretty much all Plats are way beyond my skills so I find most of them to be good.

It isn't as meaningful as it was sometime a go but I think it is still pretty meaningful. Like if you are in Plat you are at top10k or something, right?

Plat is the new gold. Diamond is the new "good" rank.

Top Bottom