• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

jett

D-Member
Loved those, added a ton of personality to the characters.
Even GG doesn't have those anymore.

Yeah I thought it'd be nice to have those back, but then I realized SFV and GG both have detailed, cinematic intros of every character entering the arena.

tuto9w3hw17i9qtv7nx3.gif

tumblr_ndzoqk1Xp51sdouqio4_500.gif

It'd be nice to have something like that in SFV, but I'm not sure how would you implement it. I don't need a third intro to skip over after the first two. I guess they could make all new cinematic intros for some character pairs, but eh, seems like a lot of work. You aren't re-arranging in-game sprites anymore these days.

DunpealD

Yeah I thought it'd be nice to have those back, but then I realized SFV and GG both have detailed, cinematic intros of every character entering the arena.

It'd be nice to have something like that in SFV, but I'm not sure how would you implement it. I don't need a third intro to skip over after the first two. I guess they could make all new cinematic intros for some character pairs, but eh, seems like a lot of work. You aren't re-arranging in-game sprites anymore these days.

It would be like in the past games where it's just one single intro. Don't know about the cost, but I assume it won't be as cheap as re-arranging sprites.

Though they probably could use some stuff from the cinematic story, like the Ryu/Ken Fistbump or Zangief muscling the Boxer punch.

Village

They should have a setting to reverse what the code does at character select.

Like you can start Alex with the jacket and then input the code after r1 to take it off.

This

Can I just select thong battle costume urien. I'm never using the regular version of that costume ever. He's in dumb rags

nded

Y'know, I'd much prefer if they had poured that cinematic story mode animation budget into matchup specific intros instead. At least you'd see that content more than once, even if you eventually just end up skipping it.

Sayad

Ideally, rival intros replace regular intros. SFIV technically had a rival intro for every character, some got more than one, but those were never used outside arcade mode rival battle and not made with them being possible vs intros in mind.

JusDoIt

It stops being an easter egg if it's for every new costume regardless of character.

It's not for every new costume. Laura's volleyball uniform don't have one. And even so, 3S had easter egg colors with the same codes for every character. Everything don't need to be easily accessible.

stn

Yeah, its not really an Easter egg anymore. I'd be down for a toggle option even though entering the code manually is simple.

MrCarter

It's not for every new costume. Laura's volleyball uniform don't have one. And even so, 3S had easter egg colors with the same codes for every character. Everything don't need to be easily accessible.

I really like the Easter egg stuff. It makes a nice suprise when I go and do the codes for a particular costume and see how they get altered. Rashid's recent football one is great.

Guess Fuudo's gonna stay in "always the bridesmaid, never the bride" status.

I was planning on saying something about this earlier but never got around to it. Since SFV came out this is his fifth 2nd place finish, 8th time he's been within the top 4, and 100th time(at least it feels that way) that he's made top 8 at a CPT tournament. And the thing is that he doesn't waste his time at ranking events. All these results were at Premier Events or at EVO where you can expect most of the best players to show up.

I know we've made fun of Tokido and Bonchan about this in the past. But neither have anywhere near the track record Fuudo has at coming so close so many times and always failing.

JusDoIt

Thats fucking stupid

Let me toggle this shit

If you wanna waste your own time thats ok, leave me out of whatever the hell you are talking about

How is it a waste of time? You input it during the intros (which can still be skipped). It legit adds zero time to getting into the match.

Now if you wanna argue it's a waste of your precious energy, I guess that makes sense. You do have to hold down some buttons and a direction for a few seconds and that's a lot to ask of one's finger muscles.

No it isn't. Alex's Nostalgia starts shirtless. You have to do the code to get the jacket.

Right, but can't you then take it off after the first round with the code? Same with Guile's mask on his CPT costume?

It's the same with all of the other costumes. The code removes OR adds clothing/changes hairstyles between rounds as well as the start of the fight.

Village

How is it a waste of time? You input it during the intros (which can still be skipped). It legit adds zero time to getting into the match.

Now if you wanna argue it's a waste of your precious energy, I guess that makes sense. You do have to hold down some buttons and a direction for a few seconds and that's a lot to ask of one's finger muscles.

Because it can be done better, where it can be done once and I never have to do it the other way anymore unless I choose to do it .A more effective way that you are arguing against for no other reason besides " cuz".

So yeah its a waste of time, if you want to waste your own damn time feel free. But keep me out of your shit.

JusDoIt

Because it can be done better, where it can be done once and I never have to do it the other way anymore unless I choose to do it .A more effective way that you are arguing against for no other reason besides " cuz".

So yeah its a waste of time, if you want to waste your own damn time feel free. But keep me out of your shit.

You didn't answer my question, though.

Village

I did?

It is something that can be handled simpler, on the CSS that can be done permanently so you don't have to do it every time. So it is infact an nessiciary waste , of time and energy that while small could be solved via QOL changes.

So Like I said, if you want to waste your time , by all means. Don't get me involved in your self inflicted inconveniences for your own dumb reasoning. And yes your reasoning is stupid, because this has no effect on actual gameplay difficulty, your reasoning was " not everything should be easy to reach" yeah if you are balancing a game. This isn't the game, this is something that can be solved via the CSS this is a quality of life change, and you not wanting that because you have dumb ideology is is infact that, dumb

JusDoIt

I did?

It is something that can be handled simpler, on the CSS that can be done permanently so you don't have to do it every time. So it is infact an nessiciary waste , of time and energy that while small could be solved via QOL changes.

So Like I said, if you want to waste your time , by all means. Don't get me involved in your self inflicted inconveniences for your own dumb reasoning.

How does it waste time?

Village

How does it waste time?

Because it can be solved via a screen so I don't have to do again.

Are you gonna play dumb, because if you are feel free to talk to someone else. I don't got time to explain the concept QOL changes to someone unelsss they fucking paying me for my time.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Here's the thing. Hugo in 4 seems to be taller than abigail in 5.
Because hugo much like his pose in 3 is bending down all the time, and there are few moves where he strands strait the fuck up, and he's gigantic. So if hugo, ever gets into 5 it will be really weird seeing a slightly smaller hugo

Hugo's moveset would be pretty sick in this game.

kikiribu

Because it can be solved via a screen so I don't have to do again.
That doesn't mean it takes up more time though. It literally doesn't, since you've gotta press the buttons during loading/break. It's the loading taking up your time, not pressing three buttons.

Also, how is it gonna work between rounds if you don't manually do it yourself? They'd be giving us less freedom if they only allowed us to do it at Character Select.

JusDoIt

That doesn't mean it takes up more time though. It literally doesn't, since you've gotta press the buttons during loading/break. It's the loading taking up your time, not pressing three buttons.

Also, how is it gonna work between rounds if you don't manually do it yourself? They'd be giving us less freedom if they only allowed you to do it at Character Select.

Thank you.

Torry

Neo Member
I've got a question regarding port forwarding:

If I've already got a NAT-type 2 connection on my PS4, do I still need to setup/assign a static IP adress for it?

There is a motherfucking rookie laura who keeps m.k'ing me and thats all she does, just spamming that godamn knee.. and she won. Im so fucking salty, but my mika could barely get outta her knee jabs without getting stunned.

Fuck this shit im gunna commit sepukku

Jesus Christ it isn't so fucking hard.

Keep the code in how it is.

And put an option on the CSS to do it for you.

Why is this still a discussion?

Top Bottom