• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Pompadour

Maybe if they hadn't already incorporated the rumor into the lore.

zen.jpg

From Hoax to Reality: Zen and Shin are Featured by the CFN Portal

English Zen page

I legit want Sheng Long in SFV. V needs a crazy secret character so they should bring him in as sort of a Mr. Satan type.
Shenlong-Street-Fighter-V.jpg

LakeEarth

Fought my first Abagil. His hurt box is a lot smaller than his frame. I understand why it's this way, as he would be completely useless otherwise. Why make a character like this in the first place? Once the novelty of this character wears off it'll just be a obscure character no one actually wants or uses. aka Fang.

His explosive damage automatically makes him more attractive to more people than FANG. I mean, look at this shit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaOdWlSh9KA&t=10s

On Cammy (and possibly other low health character), that combo is the equivalent of an SF4 focus attack into a 100% stun combo, into a second combo that leads to an only 50% scaled super. Certain people will flock to a character that can do that kind of damage.

Marvel

could never
Goddamnit, Gold league is swimming with Rashid's... the mu I don't know. Never saw any in Silver.

Crap.

UncleMeat

His explosive damage automatically makes him more attractive to more people than FANG. I mean, look at this shit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaOdWlSh9KA&t=10s

On Cammy (and possibly other low health character), that combo is the equivalent of an SF4 focus attack into a 100% stun combo, into a second combo that leads to an only 50% scaled super. Certain people will flock to a character that can do that kind of damage.

Good lord the damage!

Also is that hair on Abigail in that costume or is it some type of hat? I can't tell.

Marvel

could never
Considering how much you like offense, I would have thought you'd like Rashid.
Ahh but I only really enjoy offense with charge characters for some reason. I pick up on my opponents surprise when I go in and try and stay in with Bipson.

But yeah, def going to try Rashid tomorrow. It'll help my defense.

That reminds me, when I clicked on that link from Reddit about the modding Patreon thing, I noticed the thread was created by KSabot. I was like "Wait what, I know that name. Where has he been?". I don't know if he's still on GAF, but apparently has quit the SFV and FGW threads since I see no post from him in either. Only a mention in one of the thread's OP.

Neoxon

Considering Capcom's ability to keep to a timeline it'd blow my mind if we saw what she's like at all this month.
At the same time, Capcom probably wants September clear for MvCI. Not to mention that a new character in November is too close to Capcom Cup for comfort. August for Menat & October for Zeku sounds pretty likely. If anything, I wouldn't be surprised if Abigail was already finished in June but missed the mark due to being too close to EVO.

mbpm1

That reminds me, when I clicked on that link from Reddit about the modding Patreon thing, I noticed the thread was created by KSabot. I was like "Wait what, I know that name. Where has he been?". I don't know if he's still on GAF, but apparently has quit the SFV and FGW threads since I see no post from him in either. Only a mention in one of the thread's OP.
He played Chun.

You can guess the results

MCD250

Bet Menat will have Soul Reflect, or something similar to it. Seems like the sort of anti-projectile move that are a dime a dozen in this game.

Bundle for the swimsuit costumes.

but seriously, My guess would be a bundle for the upcoming Halloween costumes. Didn't they do a bundle for the Winter costumes last year too?

aren't you still plat

kyle P said something hilarious and I stand by it. Playing against Plats on ranked when you're like maybe Super/Ultra Diamond & Master is like playing an RPG and going back to the beginning area to try level up when you're already near the endgame.

This tweet sums up BIson players pretty well tbh: https://twitter.com/prototypeoflife/status/893089100080664576

Sit there for a second, feel the blood rushing out of your head and do an EX Devil's Reverse. Have it parried and punished in full with a CA to boot. What's the first thing you do after the CA ends?

EX Devil's Reverse.

Think it's just a rerelease of the old costumes for those who missed, or entirely new ones?
This would be the first time a "themed" event has repeated for SFV right? So I guess we'll find out if the costumes available last year will be available again!

Mark my words, F.A.N.G isn't getting shit though.

JusDoIt

aren't you still plat

kyle P said something hilarious and I stand by it. Playing against Plats when you're like maybe Super/Ultra Diamond & Master is like playing an RPG and going back to the beginning area to try level up when you're already near the endgame.

But SFV is braindead and ain't no difference between high level and low level play?

But SFV is braindead and ain't no difference between high level and low level play?

no lies detected

This tweet sums up BIson players pretty well tbh: https://twitter.com/prototypeoflife/status/893089100080664576

Sit there for a second, feel the blood rushing out of your head and do an EX Devil's Reverse. Have it parried and punished in full with a CA to boot. What's the first thing you do after the CA ends?

EX Devil's Reverse.

always gotta test and make sure it wasn't a fluke

SFV online is braindead.

Offline is a whole 'nother ball game.

I actually have a RB Proving Grounds I'm going to this weekend with this fresh Abby. I'm scared, because I've relied on gimmicks and my spacing with him is still fairly bad.

Producer

aren't you still plat

kyle P said something hilarious and I stand by it. Playing against Plats when you're like maybe Super/Ultra Diamond & Master is like playing an RPG and going back to the beginning area to try level up when you're already near the endgame.

im living the diamond life. At least until i lose 1 more match and get demoted

FluxWaveZ

SFV online is braindead.

Offline is a whole 'nother ball game.

I actually have a RB Proving Grounds I'm going to this weekend with this fresh Abby. I'm scared, because I've relied on gimmicks and my spacing with him is still fairly bad.

I disagree. Online can be, but if you're not winning online, you're not going to be winning offline.

mbpm1

aren't you still plat

kyle P said something hilarious and I stand by it. Playing against Plats on ranked when you're like maybe Super/Ultra Diamond & Master is like playing an RPG and going back to the beginning area to try level up when you're already near the endgame.
Uh that's totally inaccurate

The beginner monsters can't hurt you and make you lose a level

Top Bottom