• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

JusDoIt

Zhi is one of the best commentators period. Hes hilarious and his ability meld it into the game commentary is genius.

Hilarious and genius are a bit of a stretch. He makes lots of jokes, and sometimes they're funny and sometimes they're corny. Like a tier above James Chen corny. I like him overall, but it's hard to find somebody who has chemistry with him.

jett

D-Member
lol everyone plays Abby in this team?

do your air grab thing when he gets close or neutral jump or jump over when he gets close

don't jump back or sit there

Hmm guess something will work.

Wouldn't EX Peach work since it's 3 hits? Only a well timed EX Charge sequence could armor all of that.

But couldn't the Abigail throw her or something? EX Peach plays out very slowly.

Yeah this has happened to me.

Kashiwaba

Abigail is a hilarious character. Capcom did great work designing him.

It proves that sometimes you should ignore your fans and what you think is right. Everyone went crazy and there were so many dislikes on Abigail reveal video, yet almost everyone including the haters agree that he is one of the best designed characters in SFV now.

Edzi

It proves that sometimes you should ignore your fans and what you think is right. Everyone went crazy and there were so many dislikes on Abigail reveal video, yet almost everyone including the haters agree that he is one of the best designed characters in SFV now.

Pretty sure a lot of people were upset with his shitty model, which was explained by capcom's own screw up with using his deformed trigger model for the reveal trailer.

Kashiwaba

Pretty sure a lot of people were upset with his shitty model, which was explained by capcom's own screw up with using his deformed trigger model for the reveal trailer.

That might be true, but probably most of the hate came from the people who never wanted a new character. I'm sure the little bit bigger biceps wouldn't make any difference for those people.

HardRojo

Ok, I really need to have Abigail in order to know how the fuck his stuff is supposed to work, I feel like I'm losing against him because I don't know what his specials are, which ones are overheads, how he cancels into them and how his different armored specials work lol, also, his cr.MP/cr.MK (?) into Abby punch are not a real blockstring and I keep running into it after blocking because I either try to counterpoke or held forward because I wanted to close in a little bit. It's weird lol but I'm definitely losing to the lack of MU experience here (not like these Abby players are pulling off any crazy shit).

joe2187

Banned
The fuck....Im tired, fatigued, and feel like complete and utter shit after work and Im playing at 1 AM...and I managed to climb up more than a 1000LP and am just a few shy of Gold....

Am I only able to play competently when Im half asleep?

The fuck....Im tired, fatigued, and feel like complete and utter shit after work and Im playing at 1 AM...and I managed to climb up more than a 1000LP and am just a few shy of Gold....

Am I only able to play competently when Im half asleep?

well do you play Mika??

That was TOOLASSISTED impersonating Sako, by the way. Like he used to do with Infiltration's CFN name. It's a bot, hence the "blocked everything" part.

This makes sense. I didn't realize it was bot. I thought he was just fucking with me and had crazy reactions.

Reizo you are gonna have to redo that elite 5 soon. I'm coming for the #1 spot.

The ESPORTS scene in China is massive, particularly for Dota 2. Though KoF ain't no slouch either, and the recent "opening up" of China means that there's more games getting traction there.

Village

I think the zoom makes the contrast with abby and him even more pronounced

Here's the thing. Hugo in 4 seems to be taller than abigail in 5.
Because hugo much like his pose in 3 is bending down all the time, and there are few moves where he strands strait the fuck up, and he's gigantic. So if hugo, ever gets into 5 it will be really weird seeing a slightly smaller hugo

Top Bottom