• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Nymphae

Banned
New stages and costumes coming

19_sfcostumes01.jpg

19_sfcostumes05.jpg

19_sfcostumes06.jpg

Meh. I love the classic costumes, but am still salty that I can't just buy Vega's.

I think the stages have been a joke so far though. I do like how Field of Fate looks, and the Final FIght stage and some of the CPT stages look ok, but for the most part I think they are boring as fuck. Case in point, this is the new Suzaku Castle at Night stage

19_sfcostumes02.jpg

It barely looks any different, who the fuck pays for this shit?

Images via Eventhubs

Last edited:
Oh shit. That new Laura costume looks very promising. Hopefully she takes the jacket off with the alt code. Pretty sure I'll be buying that, along with the new stage.
Menat looks awful in her new costume. Ibuki looks like she's been stealing from Zekus wardrobe. Meh.

Elcid

Banned

19_sfcostumes01.jpg

19_sfcostumes05.jpg

19_sfcostumes06.jpg

Meh. I love the classic costumes, but am still salty that I can't just buy Vega's.

I think the stages have been a joke so far though. I do like how Field of Fate looks, and the Final FIght stage and some of the CPT stages look ok, but for the most part I think they are boring as fuck. Case in point, this is the new Suzaku Castle at Night stage

19_sfcostumes02.jpg

Images via Eventhubs
I'm copping that Laura outfit like nobody's business. Stage probably for completionist purposes at SOME point, but definitely not anytime soon. Dhalsim I'll get for sure. The other 2 are WTF?

Kenji Ramon

19_sfcostumes01.jpg

19_sfcostumes05.jpg

19_sfcostumes06.jpg

19_sfcostumes02.jpg

Images via Eventhubs

Dhalsim and Laura look great. I don’t mind that stage either because I love night stages lol.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I went ahead and used most of my remaining fight money to buy Kage today since I haven't played the game in forever and I'm skeptical about more characters being released (if they do release them I'll just buy the season pass). Kage has a lot of cool moves.

Last edited:
I was kinda bummed to find out Laura doesnt show off her bum in a thong, in that new swimsuit.
It still looks nice though. Maybe I'll catch Idom using it in a tourny some time?

Nymphae

Banned
If they continue to support SFV. I'll be extremely disappointed. Just let it die Capcom.

I'd find something else to play because you're getting at least another CPT with SFV as the main game, they won't have 6 out before then, in fact if they don't have a new fighter out next year sometime, you'll likely get 2 more CPTs with SFV. I expect some further support until the successor arrives.

I don't care. I still play ST, 3S, Ultra, and Marvel 3 at locals.

SFV is an abomination and needs to die. Nobody here plays it. It's done some serious damage to the FGC and it needs to go away forever.

Defend the North has more entrants for 3rd Strike then SFV. That is incredibly sad. Locals here avg like 10 players, and more then half are scrubs. We used to avg 40+ last cycle of Capcom fighters.

:messenger_unamused: So why say "Uh, lot's of people here play it." if you just play online.

I never play online. I only play locally. And, across the local scenes SFV has dropped off a cliff in terms of attendance. We all desperately want a new game to play.

Nymphae

Banned
:messenger_unamused: So why say "Uh, lot's of people here play it." if you just play online.

I never play online. I only play locally. And, across the local scenes SFV has dropped off a cliff in terms of attendance. We all desperately want a new game to play.

Because you're on Neogaf and we have a lot of members in the thread that enjoy the game?

Good for you! There are lots of games to play.

Define "a lot" cause last page has posts from March. All I see is costume and DLC talk. No tech being shared or anything really gameplay related.

It's fine that you enjoy playing SFV online. My point that made you engage in the conversation was that Capcom needs to let SFV die because numbers locally are severely down all over the place. Moral for the game is very low as the motivation to travel and compete for the game is just not worth it. Numbers are just too low. The passion for SFV is just not there. Where as the passion for older titles is still there as evident by DTN 3rd Strike numbers being higher than SFV's.

Capcom needs to let it die. For the good of the FGC. I'm sorry that it offends you as an online warrior.

Define "nobody here", we're 255 pages into an OT, yeah, no one plays it.

Here's the quote:

"I don't care. I still play ST, 3S, Ultra, and Marvel 3 at locals.

SFV is an abomination and needs to die. Nobody here plays it. It's done some serious damage to the FGC and it needs to go away forever."

For your sake I hope English is not your first language.

Now it's your turn.

Nymphae

Banned
Here's the quote:

"I don't care. I still play ST, 3S, Ultra, and Marvel 3 at locals.

SFV is an abomination and needs to die. Nobody here plays it. It's done some serious damage to the FGC and it needs to go away forever."

For your sake I hope English is not your first language.

Now it's your turn.

Those are separate sentences, separated by a paragraph break, and the "nobody here plays it" could be interpreted as being about this thread/Gaf, it's how I read it. To avoid confusion I would have written "Nobody at my locals plays it" in the second bit, or not broken the two lines up.

Last edited:
It was clear i was talking about locally. That's why i asked what community youre from. As i know the Canadian scene well and know that no one plays it locally.

Like i said last page has posts from march. Interest in this game is dwindling offline and online.

Nymphae

Banned
Uhh... it's down quite a bit. Have you not seen the drop in viewership.

No, I don't have numbers, I thought I heard on a podcast SFL was doing well this year and that overall engagement with the CPT is up.

Idk, I see tens of thousands of people watching events live on Twitch, and people there seem to be enjoying themselves. I'm aware that there is a large contingent of players who don't like it and want something else, but it's like, we're like almost 4 years into this game and I don't see the point in coming into community threads full of people who do enjoy the game, to drop the hot "SFV sucks I want something else" takes from 2016 once again.

Kenji Ramon

I don't care. I still play ST, 3S, Ultra, and Marvel 3 at locals.

SFV is an abomination and needs to die. Nobody here plays it. It's done some serious damage to the FGC and it needs to go away forever.

You’re an abomination. If you don’t like the game get the fuck out of the thread, nobody is forcing you to play it. Plenty of people enjoy and watch the game. Toxic people like you need to go away.

Kenji Ramon

Not offended at all lol, just annoyed with the constant holier than thou attitude from players who can't understand that many people enjoy the game. It's amazing to me the amount of people in the Eventhubs comments who hit up every single article to let us know, again, that they disapprove. Move on.

Ignore this fool. He’s just a filthy “concern” troll that needs to go back to his dark cesspool of a basement.

Nymphae

Banned
I swear the biggest problem with watching fighting games is the sound levels. Nobody has this figured out. Commentary goes from whisper quiet to ear piercingly loud, it's impossible to keep my speakers at an appropriate level.

I'm watching Capcom's Game Over Dominican Republic stream right now, and that Logan dude from the UK is like the worst offender, it makes me want to turn it off because I have to constantly babysit the volume, they really need to get some sound production for this shit. Yipes is a very animated and loud dude at times, but this Logan guy is screaming over him sometimes.

Nymphae

Banned
Like there are literally a ton of people in the twitch chat just saying "Turn the game volume up" or commenting on Logan. How do they not understand this yet....

My problem is how fake they sound. It just feels too pg and reserved. The worst part is they feed the commentary to the crowd at some events. Which kinda limits the crowd reactions and takes away from the crowd hype.

Nymphae

Banned
My problem is how fake they sound. It just feels too pg and reserved. The worst part is they feed the commentary to the crowd at some events. Which kinda limits the crowd reactions and takes away from the crowd hype.

I liked the 2019 Co-op Cup with Obama going crazy on the mic, he wasn't even one of the commentators but he was shouldering his way in and the commentators seemed a little miffed about that lol, but he was killing it, that guy is fantastic. Yeah the CPT stuff is a bit tame, and the audio needs a lot of work.

Last edited:
I really enjoy house streams, or small venue streams. Where people just let loose and have fun. Bum's Marvel stream last night was great and had some really funny moments.

AlexanderHamilton

Neo Member
I really wanna get back into playing SFV but NCH Discord completely killed my enthusiasm. Just a bunch of elitist asshats thinking theyre pro. Any other Alex mains tho?

I watched Vespers new video today. He said he spent 200k to get the retro Dhalsim costume from the fortune ticket thing. I just got it with a ticket I earned completing easy survival.
I have been very lucky with getting those costume through the ticket draws lately.
I was super happy to get the Balrog/Mike/Boxer one. Now I only really want Vega/Claws. His classic look is his best.

Elcid

Banned
I watched Vespers new video today. He said he spent 200k to get the retro Dhalsim costume from the fortune ticket thing. I just got it with a ticket I earned completing easy survival.
I have been very lucky with getting those costume through the ticket draws lately.
I was super happy to get the Balrog/Mike/Boxer one. Now I only really want Vega/Claws. His classic look is his best.
Vega took me 1 try. Dhalsim took me about 5k in FM and all 30+ of my tickets.

Vega took me 1 try. Dhalsim took me about 5k in FM and all 30+ of my tickets.

You're lucky. I might invest more Fight Money into getting Vegas retro costume next time it comes up. Its just that that FM is so rare these days. Once I spend it all, a costume I really want will appear in Menats shop :(

Elcid

Banned
You're lucky. I might invest more Fight Money into getting Vegas retro costume next time it comes up. Its just that that FM is so rare these days. Once I spend it all, a costume I really want will appear in Menats shop :(
Yup. I only have about 100k left and these bastards aren't giving more! I'm hoping they abolish FM completely.

Nymphae

Banned
Yup. I only have about 100k left and these bastards aren't giving more! I'm hoping they abolish FM completely.

Really? So far this has been the only system in fighting games with which I've been able to unlock actual DLC which would cost me money otherwise. However small it is, I appreciate having a way to turn my grind into actual items.

Top Bottom