• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVV| Arcade Edition - The Golden Warrior

Kreydo

Omg another skimpy male costume, Ryu in underwear!
Where is my # twitter to explain how I'm offended, Kotaku blogger please riot!

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
The updates to survival mode is actually pretty awesome and well overdue, it pretty much fixes all qualms with survival imo.
The "lootbox" is fairly interesting, since FM can't be bought, it's obviously a way from capcom to drain more of your FM so you'll start spending real money on other things; which is fine honestly, the game is getting yearly free updates and they need to make money somehow.
I just hope this won't wind up with a way to actually purchase FM with real money; that would be horrible.

Loving the DMC outfits btw, laura and ed looking fly as hell.
Airman for rashid is pretty amazing too.

What takes the complete edition so long!
Lmao, see you in 4 years.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
So cody's pretty dope, but I'm gonna stick with Falke for now.
Took me 30k FM to get Cammy's costume, so that's ok I guess, no code alt like story costumes.
NKvkdEk.jpg

The colours you get are basically metallic silver colours
CmuqCdd.jpg

Some of them shinier than others; I only have a handful but, cody and akuma are very shiny, while birdie barely has any sheen.
The stage lighting is also a big factor in how reflective it is.
You'll get the best results on any of the rings or english manor, or if you don't have any dlc stages, forgotten waterfall.

The new stage is pretty dope, but just for the music alone I still prefer ring of pride and destiny.

So cody's pretty dope, but I'm gonna stick with Falke for now.
Took me 30k FM to get Cammy's costume, so that's ok I guess, no code alt like story costumes.
NKvkdEk.jpg

30k? Ouch. Thats a lot for one costume, but I really do want this Cammy one. It'll probably cost me 50k :(

EDIT: Got the Cammy outfit after buying one lot of 10 for 4500 FM. Not bad.

Last edited:
Kinda glad I hate Cody's post fight animations. I'll have more room for G since I don't have to play with him now. Was never good with him in any game, so this is routine.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Btw there is a challenge up to fight cammy for 250fm, if you win you get a ticket to use on fighting chance.
So it's basically a 50% discount.
The smart thing to do would be to save all tickets you can for the next costume.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
The Arthur costume is pretty dope, it even makes little armour sounds when moving.
2PFtAnb.jpg

There is a new super hard battle up btw, I spent 10k FM failing until I cheesed it with bison's headstomp; he keeps jumping into it for some reason.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I want to start using a fightstick, but I want one that works on PC/PS4/Switch/XB1, is there any good option? I'm surprised people let companies scam them like this, making them only work on 1 or 2 platforms when they all have the same inputs. Especially for something as big, and expensive as a fightstick, I really don't need multiple fightsticks just to play on my Switch and PS4.

Kreydo

Well it's crossplay, so if you can run it on pc there really isn't any reason not to, it's definitely the superior version.
I was recently blown away by some PC modded version... Thanks to "Sunny Days" mod which tweak the stage lighting and remove the console fog.

radewagon

B
I want to start using a fightstick, but I want one that works on PC/PS4/Switch/XB1, is there any good option? I'm surprised people let companies scam them like this, making them only work on 1 or 2 platforms when they all have the same inputs. Especially for something as big, and expensive as a fightstick, I really don't need multiple fightsticks just to play on my Switch and PS4.
Brook converters are kind of pricey, but from what I hear, they're really good. You can get them from Focus Attack.

Damn Sagat alone instantly made this game a lot better. With Chun Li, Dhalsim, Ibuki, Cody and Sagat there are now 5 characters with really good movesets. Time to reinstall this game (even though I have no idea how to play against Bison-players).

Gander

Banned
It was a real embarrassment that Marvel vs Capcom didn't get enough support for EVo this year. I suppose it's the end of the road for that series.

kunonabi

I'll be real salty if G is a replacement for Q...

He shares a bunch of Q's moves and he he mirrors Q's normal cancels into taunt gameplan with his presidential level system. He's also the inverse of Q's persoanlity in that unlike Q who doesnt speak G wont shut up.

He's basically a super offensive take on Q with actual tools and options.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
He shares a bunch of Q's moves and he he mirrors Q's normal cancels into taunt gameplan with his presidential level system. He's also the inverse of Q's persoanlity in that unlike Q who doesnt speak G wont shut up.

Isn't there rumors that he actually *IS* Q?

mayhemking

Yeah, I understand that but I still need the genuine article. Like, Nash was awesome, he's similar to guile, but he's still not a substitute for Guile.

dbztrk

G definitely appears to be Q based upon his move set and his alt appearance (mask & clothes). I also think that he is the President of the Illuminati based upon his elemental moveset and how he says "can you dodge this?" when he does one of his moves. This is what Kolin says when she does one of her moves. Additionally, his gold appearance definitely indicates his importance as it matches SFV AE's color scheme.

Hopefully Capcom releases another cinematic story.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Did y'all know you can hit people with G's idle animation?
Similar to how birdy throws that booger, G actually gets a hitbox when he's about to point up.
The funny thing however is that it does an ungodly amount of damage lmao, couldn't believe it the first time I saw it.

Last edited:
Did y'all know you can hit people with G's idle animation?
Similar to how birdy throws that booger, G actually gets a hitbox when he's about to point up.
The funny thing however is that it does an ungodly amount of damage lmao, couldn't believe it the first time I saw it.
Yep! I was also surprised that G has more than one speech he can give.

He also does some Michael Jackson shit during the post animation of his standing dash punch if it's fully powered or you do the EX one.

thelastword

Banned

Could he be, G's brother? Perhaps???? Or, they're from the same part of the universe or order?

Last edited:

CatCouch

The Menat Felicia costume is a dream come true! litterally the best possble thing to get me to come back to SFV! That and the Haunting Ground costume for Cammy. Thank you Capcom!

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
I feel like felicia works better on mika, but I'll take it; dimitri ed is pretty dope too.
Seeing how lilith juri actually allowed buste control to turn her into morrigan, I wonder if the reverse will be true for morrigan chun li.

Top Bottom