• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVV| Arcade Edition - The Golden Warrior

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
He got better in season 2.5, but the current changes in season 3 are overall a nerf so he's straight back down at the bottom.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
bison extra battle was pretty tough, managed to necalli my way through it.
Viewtiful joe costume code takes off the visor/mouthpiece
e6c7da1bde.jpg

kunonabi

yeah, I'm never doing these extra battles again outside of the costumes and soldiers. Shadow Bison just wasn't worth it.

GreatnessRD

yeah, I'm never doing these extra battles again outside of the costumes and soldiers. Shadow Bison just wasn't worth it.

I just beat it and got the Ghost of Shadaloo title, but I didn't get the 10,000 experience points for Bison. Did I get finessed or was it one or the other? I definitely wouldn't have done it just for the title. Salty asf!

GreatnessRD

I think you get the experience points after you get the title.
Definitely didn't on my end. I used M. Bison to beat Broken V Trigger M. Bison and got the title, but didn't get the EXP. Didn't even get a notification on the message log for the EXP, but I did for the title.

Same. Spending credits on trying to get 10,000 experience or a title isnt worth it. Im only investing in rewards like extra cash, or costumes I want.
If Chuns Star Gladiator outfit is faithful to the original, I will definitely want it :D

giphy.gif

Definitely didn't on my end. I used M. Bison to beat Broken V Trigger M. Bison and got the title, but didn't get the EXP. Didn't even get a notification on the message log for the EXP, but I did for the title.
I meant to say you get the experience the second time you beat him.

GreatnessRD

I meant to say you get the experience the second time you beat him.
Had I scrolled down some more on that Extra battle page and saw that, I wouldn't have wasted my FM. But then I wouldn't have got the title either, so I guess some good came out of this mess.

But fuck Capcom. They doing some high level finessing in season 3.

Oh man, I do not like this modern Blanka.

Pros:

Improved hair physics.
Cool slashing action on floored opponent.

Cons:

Voice doesnt sound bestial at all. Just sounds like some guy going "raah, raah" etc. His victory roar in the SF2 days really made him sound like something to be feared.
His face bite looks more like he is kissing or slobbering over his opponent. That move does not look good without some blood.

He just isnt the tough guy from SF2, that made him my favorite character when I was a kid.

kunonabi

WARNING !

the following footage may cause serious amounts of saltiness caution is advised !

Yeah, he looks really solid. Both V-Triggers look really powerful, his slide is going to be crazy good and he has a command throw. If his normals are as strong as they usually are he should be set. He doesn't look Abigail/Necalli stupid but once things get maximized and he's put through his paces that could change. At least they had the good sense to make his V-triggers 3 bars.

Poor Alex though, yet another character who is going to have a better throw game than he does.

Jon Neu

Banned
His voice makes no sense compared to his original voice.

Also his special attacks don't look as good and fun as the original Blanka.

I'm kinda dissapointed.

I will start chasing that Chun outfit tomorrow. It has great potential.
Im kinda tempted to buy Blanka and his classic costume now. It lessens his goofiness and some of his combos do look fun. Blankas story costume is as ridiculous as I had hoped it'd be :) I wouldnt use that one myself, but it is a real spectacle.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Blanka and falke's full themes are out, since they were included on the new OST.

Seems the composer for these two tracks also did the godlike kanzuki beach.
Edit: just listened to both for a bit, blanka's is great, but falke's is straight fire, like how goes from the good kind of mellow (not like kolin's theme) to a sudden burst of energy.

Last edited:
Easy Fight Money this time.
I lost to the Gold soldier the first time, but easily won the next two fights. Win all 3 fights and you'll be up 12k! I finished up 8k, which Im still happy with.
One round, I landed Cammys jhp>st.mp>st.hp>C Spike combo straight away, and the guy went straight into stun. I landed the same jump in later that round and he went into stun again. He cant take a punch. Super low stun bar.
Getting part one of the Chun outfit was easy too. Chun pretty much just stood there, while I beat her up.

Aranea

Once again i win 2/3 of the Shadaloo soldier encounters. The guy does some pretty good combos if he manages to get you on a corner. Chun Li extra battle for the crossover costume was pretty easy though.

Ostrava04

beat the gold warrior 2/3 times so earned 8k fm. Not bad. Didn't know you can only do it 3 times whether you lose or win.

Ryno1221

Neo Member
What do you guys think of Blanka?

I only tried him out once real quick last night and enjoyed his play style. He is a good theme as well.

I wish there was a music select option along with the stage select in VS. mode (local) to select what theme I wanted to hear regardless of the stage or the characters.

What do you guys think of Blanka?

I only tried him out once real quick last night and enjoyed his play style. He is a good theme as well.

I wish there was a music select option along with the stage select in VS. mode (local) to select what theme I wanted to hear regardless of the stage or the characters.
Tekken 7 style jukebox would be nice.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
He's interesting, not my kind of character, but I guess fun for people that are blanka fans.
Good theme though.
Now bring on Falke

Boxed release of Arcade Edition is some kind of freaking joke.

First it downloads 15 GB patch to version 2.0.xx and then once it's finally done proceeds to download another big patch to current version also season 1&2 content is download code voucher...

And did some kind of disaster happen to Ken&Ryu ? They both look butt ugly - worst design they ever had in the series.

First it downloads 15 GB patch to version 2.0.xx and then once it's finally done proceeds to download another big patch to current version also season 1&2 content is download code voucher...

And did some kind of disaster happen to Ken&Ryu ? They both look butt ugly - worst design they ever had in the series.

Ken has copped a lot of criticism for his looks in SFV. I think he looks okay-ish. Even his Battle costume looks alright to me, though the memes about it were pretty funny. I think Ryu looks fine.

On another note, this Megaman Blanka plushie costume sure is something...

giphy.gif

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member

This doesn't make any sense, there is no way for s1 and 2 character passes to be "download code vouchers", everyone always has access to that content otherwise it would be impossible to play with people that didn't.
You're always up to date with everyone, and obviously the s1 and 2 passes are codes because of this; AE is not a different version of SF5, it's simply S3. The only way to have s1 and s3 passes unlocked on the disc is to engineer a completely different version of the game, which would make it incompatible with everyone else.
Capcom would then have to constantly update 2 different builds of the game; goes without saying that's just completely insane.

But nah, let's complain about being uninformed; heck this information is in the very OP of this OT you posted it, which you clearly chose to just ignore as well.

And this explains having to download 15GB patch to version 2 in what way ? AE was released few weeks ago so they could have included more recent version easily only leaving second smaller download to do.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Games don't go gold exactly a day before going live.
There is a cutoff point for when they need to start printing a master disk that they'll use to press retail copies; in this time they can still update the game and the way UE4's filesystem works, even small changes will introduces patches that are GB's in size.

Games don't go gold exactly a day before going live.
There is a cutoff point for when they need to start printing a master disk that they'll use to press retail copies; in this time they can still update the game and the way UE4's filesystem works, even small changes will introduces patches that are GB's in size.
Arcade Edition physical is literally the vanilla SFV disc but with a voucher. You put the disc in it installs regular SFV which is a little over 19GB. Then you install around a 13GB patch (this is what it was first me since I got it pre-Blanka) and then the file size on your hard drive is 20GBG, meaning around 13GB of the physical discs data is outright removed and replaced with a patch, so if you get physical you only save about 7GB digital install time from just buying it digital. Then you install the story mode on top of that for around another 8GB.

It has nothing to do with a master disc or when a game goes gold, I believe what michaelius is talking about is why wasn't the disc version the day 1 version of arcade edition (that was already out for awhile before the physical version) with arcade mode and story already installable from the disc for convenience with patches being for the Sakura update and beyond. Which is a very valid issue if someone wasn't following this game religiously. I mean SFV Arcade Edition, as far as I know, is the first fighting game physical re-release/DLC bundle edition that didn't do exactly this, even when they continued getting update post re-release. So if someone just saw it on a store shelf without thinking to look it up real quick, I mean they would obviously think it was a proper bundle edition based on, you know, every other fighting game re-release ever, including Capcom's own SFIV Arcade Edition.
Hell ignoring fighting games, Capcom's recent Resident Evil 7 Gold Edition did this, everything was there but Not a Hero.

Capcom could have did it this way and it would have just been like it is now, hell they could have still required you to use the voucher for the season 1 and 2 characters to enable them if having the character passes 1 and 2 already installed on the disc would cause a issue.

I'm not a mind reader but michaelius posts come off as less complaining, and more of just unhappy the physical version of SFV AE is basically pointless and the laziest fighting game physical re-release to date. I mean if I didn't get the physical version for 10$ cheaper than digital I would have went digital, as the disc version is pretty pointless otherwise. Actually the physical version has to do a title update every time you load up the game, I'm not sure if the digital version is like this, but if isn't, in hindsight I would have just spent the extra 10$.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
I honestly don't believe that, AE was in vanilla SF5 boxes before the AE box was even in stores.
Which proves they pressed new discs for AE, and again patches for this game are massive because of UE4's filesystem, just because you downloaded 13GB, doesn't mean it's 13gb of new data; if there is a 1kb change in a 2gb pak, you are gonna download the whole 2gb.
The biggest one is in fact 4.5gb, if something tiny changes in that file, the entire file needs to be downloaded.

Ibuki's 1st MH costume challenge is up, while Chun's 3rd piece is going away in like 4hrs
Thanks for the heads up, I somehow completely missed the second piece.
Gonna be all over these MH costumes though.

Last edited:
I honestly don't believe that, AE was in vanilla SF5 boxes before the AE box was even in stores.
Which proves they pressed new discs for AE, and again patches for this game are massive because of UE4's filesystem, just because you downloaded 13GB, doesn't mean it's 13gb of new data; if there is a 1kb change in a 2gb pak, you are gonna download the whole 2gb.
The biggest one is in fact 4.5gb, if something tiny changes in that file, the entire file needs to be downloaded.

I loaded it up while I was waiting for the patch to install and I'm quite sure it was standard SFV, I didn't see arcade mode or anything, so I exited back to the dashboard to wait, it was also the same file size as vanilla SFV I previously bought used at gamestop and returned before I finished downloading the patch. Plus story mode was still a optional download. I got it at a local WalMart since I saw it on sale there while getting a card or my phone, and the vouchers worked, so my copy was legit. My copy seemed like it was strait up vanilla SFV with a voucher, just with a new image on disc.

I can post a picture of my copy and a vid of me actually playing the game if you need proof I got it.
I would just outright uninstall, and load up the game while offline, to double check if I had faster download speeds, and wasn't worried about DLC and save issues when I load up the game, almost lost my Tekken 7 save just because I overlooked a free DLC since I had to download it with another free DLC. Still, I'm quite sure everything was the same as the used vanilla SFV I bought and returned.

Last edited:
Sorry to double post but I did decide to check and it was indeed a mixture of arcade edition all on the disc and voucher.

My apologies Reizo.

Top Bottom