• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVV| Arcade Edition - The Golden Warrior

Aranea

R Mika Monster Hunter World extra battle for her crossover costume started today. I managed to defeat Chun Li on her last extra battle today and she's much more difficult than before (almost beat me).

R Mika Monster Hunter World extra battle for her crossover costume started today. I managed to defeat Chun Li on her last extra battle today and she's much more difficult than before (almost beat me).
I hate to admit that Sakura was a no-go and I had to resort to cheesing her a bit with Ryu. There's something about Chun's AI that is always very button-reading and this last battle just seemed to bump that up more. Her other 3 fights were much easier, more along the lines of how Rashid was.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Necalli is always the safe answer against input reading AI.
Mika's costume looks really good, definitely not missing any of those parts.

The final Chun battle felt the same for me today, as the other 3 did in the past. She largely stood there while I landed easy jump-ins, into big combos.
Many will hate the kookiness of the outfits default hair and knee pads, but its pretty good with Chuns traditional hair style.

UTyGGov.jpg

OH-MyCar

Does anyone know of a good, consistent resource (preferably video) to get better for intermediate players?

I haven't played fighters in ages so I'm in that weird spot of being a "really good local arcade player from 1992". It's like my brain is wired up to pull off specials perfectly but I fight like a pugilist from the 20s in an MMA cage.

Aranea

Yeah the Shadaloo soldiers that give you something haven't show up for a while. Anyway CPT 2018 season pass has been announced and will likely go on sale soon as the weekly missions begins on April. The pass includes the following:

http://www.capcom.co.jp/game/content/streetfighter/info/game/3805

CPT 2018 Sakura costume

game_20180320_protour_01.jpg

CPT 2018 Akuma costume

game_20180320_protour_02.jpg

CPT 2018 Birdie costume (CPT 2017 champion choice). The costume will be revealed later.

Stage "Ring of Power"

game_20180320_protour_03.jpg

5K Fight Money
Exclusive colors for the roster
5 Special titles
Exclusive weekly missions that awards Fight Money (65k FM total)
2 CFN fighter profile

Last edited:
That Akuma costume would've looked pretty good if he didnt have that giant rope pretzel on his back. That part looks dumb.
The new stage is underwhelming too. The four SF2 bosses sitting on those thrones is pretty cool at least.

Acti

Sakura looks cool. Really hate the giant white rope on Akuma. Hoping we can turn it off with input code.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
I completely forgot menard won cpt....bastard robbed us of a great akuma costume; will prolly get the stage, nothing else.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Reminder that:
Ibuki part 4
Mika part 3
Ken part 2
Nash part 2
Costume challenges are up.

The code removes the sword for ibuki; second colour is also pretty sweet.
d1b67807f7.jpg

Aranea

I got the costume early this morning. R Mika easter egg code also removes the weapon she has on her back Ken has his helmet removed and Captain Commando Nash has the sunglasses removed.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Reminder that:
Mika part 4
Ken part 3
Nash part 3
Costume challenges are up.

Costume code removes the equipment on mika's back; this costume looks great.
1e57672522.jpg

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Cammy buffs, necalli neutral.
Rashid and birdie nerfs.
All is right in the world.

Seems they took another pass at nerfing AA jabs across the board.

kunonabi

Alex is in a funky place with these changes. Most of the nerfs were to stuff that sucked to begin with and most of the buffs seem aimed at getting players to switch over to VT2. Still, it is possible that st.MP x MP flash chop and Lariat x FP flash chop are now on the table. Those two things plus the faster EX Power Bomb are nice even they don't really address his actual issues.

However, the new CC combo scaling might just kill Alex outright if it's as steep as the V-trigger scaling.

OH-MyCar

He's so transparently on that shtick to become an e-celeb that featuring him as the archetypal "Reality Show Bad Guy" really will be the sad culmination of his career. Kim K made a sex tape to get famous. This guy called a disabled person a "Krang-looking motherfucker" to have TBS sign some checks. I'd argue those are much lower standards.

Last edited:
So now with the new patch you go back to training mode from playing matches online in a matter of seconds and I love it.

Last edited:

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Wow, I really misunderstood the Extra Battle thing. Didn't realize each battle was on separate days (so if you come in late to the series there is no point?) but thought it there was some kind of RNG for the rewards to get all of them and now I blew like 30k on kicking Ibuki's ass over and over.

Wow, I really misunderstood the Extra Battle thing. Didn't realize each battle was on separate days (so if you come in late to the series there is no point?) but thought it there was some kind of RNG for the rewards to get all of them and now I blew like 30k on kicking Ibuki's ass over and over.

Something similar happened to me. I did the second, third and fourth extra battle against Chun Li, but I didn't realised I have missed the first fight and I didn't get nothing

Ostrava04

haha yea I did that on the first week with viewtiful joe, spent 10k trying to unlock the costume and wasn't getting any more pieces so I decided to ask around and got my answers why.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Reminder that:
Nash part 4
Ken part 4 costume challenges are up.

Ken costume is really dope, costume gets rid of helmet and sword
53d24e11b9.jpg

Nash costume code only changes his hair, the sunglasses are not removed.
60b722f52d.jpg

As a bonus Juri's lilith costume.
The costume code is actually kinda clever, it changes her cupsize, so you can have both "morrigan" or "lilith"
31fe77e250.jpg

kunonabi

Reminder that:
Nash part 4
Ken part 4 costume challenges are up.

Ken costume is really dope, costume gets rid of helmet and sword
53d24e11b9.jpg

Nash costume code only changes his hair, the sunglasses are not removed.
60b722f52d.jpg

As a bonus Juri's lilith costume.
The costume code is actually kinda clever, it changes her cupsize, so you can have both "morrigan" or "lilith"
31fe77e250.jpg
Looks much better on her with the code. Too bad none of cammy' s costumes come with a code for smaller boobs.

Aranea

The easter egg code for the upcoming Guile crossover costume changes his hairstyle to the default one.

I really like this upcoming Guile costume. I'll definitely be chasing it.
Captain Commando Nash is really nice too. Im glad I got it. CPU Nash was definitely fighting harder when I was trying to get the final piece.

Marvel

could never
I have missed out on these amazing alts. Fuck.

Hope I can buy them with real money sometime soon.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I decided to play some story and as I'm knocking Ryu out Sakura yells "You're gonna get it!" then in the cutscene she starts talking about making babies heyooooooooooo

Taking bets on the Japanese government having paid them to promote having kids

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Falke is really cool imo.
Really liking psycho angriff.
The only thing that's kinda annoying is how her crouching mediums aren't cancelable; her crMK is -2, but it doesn't convert into any combos...
Her stMP is +3 but the range is so short you can't use it to poke, stMK is -2 but it has good range and will cancel into pretty much anything.
Feel like this is going to make her too reliant on stMK.

However her CC is pretty good, you'll get a punish from every range, even max.
Max range stHK CC will combo straight into her psycho kick, which cancels into vtrigger.
Once psycho angriff is active, you can cancel into all kinds of silly high damaging shit; kinda feels like akuma's VT2 in that sense.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I'm pretty darn impressed by the variety of costumes at this point. It almost feels (almost, not quite) like having a ton of reskinned characters added to the roster.

Top Bottom