• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V patch releasing March 28th, Alex on the 30th, more info

So wait, trials are now just videos with text prompts between. Not actual, you know , playable trials, like sf4 had?

Cmon capcom why are you making it so hard to like this game

kewlmyc

The character training being just demonstration videos is disappoining. Did SFIV only have 10 trials per character? I thought it was 20 or so?

premium costumes are Zenny only officially

8VXBBwb.jpg

This has probably been answered already but I wonder if you can convert fight money into zenny?

Neoxon

The character training being just demonstration videos is disappoining. Did SFIV only have 10 trials per character? I thought it was 20 or so?
SFIV had 18 per character, but 8 or so of them were just practicing special moves. SFV just cut straight to the combos.

Spman2099

Alex looks AMAZING in motion. What was Capcom thinking just releasing the screen shots? They could have gotten people so hyped for him with a trailer...

Cmon capcom why are you making it so hard to like this game

yeah... the rate the updates are coming is too slow... and PC still has not had any crash fixes or Dinput support added.

I'm picking up the PC version of Killer Instinct when it launches in a couple hours... if that's as good as it appears to be- probably won't be back to SFV for a month or 2 once they can get their shit together a little better

Could have got people hyped with sick ass video but instead we got shitty stills. Capcom is filled with marketing geniuses.

Edit: member status is finally in my grasp. Words can't describe.

Hyun Sai

Ok, as I feared, it takes ages for the game to show connections in the lounges now.

Loading is also often longer before the select screen.

Oh well.

mugwhump

Mika's is amazing, damn. Karin's my girl so I might get hers. Maybe.
Digging that gief too.

So when you do a 2 out of 3 on ranked, you still get the normal amount of LP as a single match it seems. Woulda been nice if it gave you 2 games' worth. Still, 2 out of 3's are nice.

Edit: I'm wrong about this. It gives you LP after each game.

That's good. Can the winner request a RM?

Mika's is amazing, damn. Karin's my girl so I might get hers. Maybe.
Digging that gief too.

That's good. Can the winner request a RM?

After each game, you can request another game, so if it's 1-1, they can bail then and not do a 3rd game. After the 3rd game, there is no rematch option.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
premium costumes are Zenny only officially

8VXBBwb.jpg
I wasn't aware of this. Whatever happened to "everything being earned with in-game FM"?

I understand Capcom's need for this, but I'm not sure milking the smaller-than-projected fanbase is a good for retention and longevity of the game.

Neoxon

I wasn't aware of this. Whatever happened to "everything being earned with in-game FM"?

I understand Capcom's need for this, but I'm not sure milking the smaller-than-projected fanbase is a good for retention and longevity of the game.
They said anything gameplay-related can be earned for free.

Top Bottom