• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V reveals Capcom Pro Tour 2019 DLC with costumes, a new stage, and more

Shin

Banned
Today Capcom released a new trailer of the traditional Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition DLC associated with the new edition of the Capcom Pro Tour.

On offer is a costume for Kage for $5,99, another for Sagat for the same price. Both are quite snazzy, giving Kage and Sagat brand new baller looks. A new stage titled The Ring of Justice will also be available on its own for $9.99.
The Capcom Pro Tour Premier 2019 Premier Pass will be priced at $19.99, including all of the above., the Champion’s Choice costume, new colors for the entire cast of playable characters, and 10,000 Fight Money.

All the purchase options will be available on February 26. As usual, proceeds will contribute to the prize pool for the Capcom Pro Tour,

Credit: Twinfinite

Stage is a cool "sequel" to Skyscraper Under Construction from SSFIV. Unfortunately like with previous CPT packs, there's not enough content I personally want within the bundle and the solo price of the stage is nope.

SALMORE

they're teasing Sodom ! according to the old rumor , he's already finished & was supposed to be in the base roster

yurinka

The stage, colors and Sagat costume look awesome
Stage is a cool "sequel" to Skyscraper Under Construction from SSFIV. Unfortunately like with previous CPT packs, there's not enough content I personally want within the bundle and the solo price of the stage is nope.
Money from the CPT DLCs is added as prize pool for CPT players.
Are they ever going to release a complete version of this game?
No, it's a GaaS game

Last edited:

Ol'Scratch

Are they ever going to release a complete version of this game?
This is like asking if something like Magic the Gathering will ever release a full version. Fighting games have become a living thing, and they are better for it. Constant updates, balancing, and new content to drive new seasons.

Nymphae

Banned
No, it's a GaaS game

I've heard rumours of an "Ultra" SFV. At some point you have to imagine they will release a version that contains everything, or at very least, the entire cast and all of the stages.

Screw SFV. Going from the legendary SFIV to this was and will always be one of the most disappointing things to happen this generation.

Get over it crybaby. The gameplay is fun as hell.

Last edited:
Get over it crybaby. The gameplay is fun as hell.
Street Fighter has the same damn cycle as Zelda. People hate the newest one, and as soon as the next is announced, suddenly the hate changes to love. People hated SFIV when it released. They hated the execution barrier, they hated FADC, etc. Now that we have V, I guess all of those things are magically great all of a sudden when they have always been great to begin with. Same with the parry mechanic and whiffed normals giving bar from SF3. When Street Fighter VI drops, the cycle will begin anew.

Nymphae

Banned
Street Fighter has the same damn cycle as Zelda. People hate the newest one, and as soon as the next is announced, suddenly the hate changes to love. People hated SFIV when it released. They hated the execution barrier, they hated FADC, etc. Now that we have V, I guess all of those things are magically great all of a sudden when they have always been great to begin with. Same with the parry mechanic and whiffed normals giving bar from SF3. When Street Fighter VI drops, the cycle will begin anew.

So true. I get that 5 is a different beast, but it is definitely fun in it's own right. Each game's systems are fun for different reasons. Personally I appreciate that each one has a totally different focus.

It's a shame that 5 had such a bad launch and was plagued with various problems, I think a lot of it has been ironed out, and you're starting to hear more players talk about how they are having fun with the systems now instead of trying to play it like other SF's, and complain about how it should be built.

I was listening to some Eventhubs podcasts recently, and they basically say that it's simply a more volatile game, it's more about committing to things and less about having option selects to cover every potentiality every step of the way.

Last edited:

MDSLKTR

I just want a pro patch with better iq... I only main Ken, didn't even bother buying a new character with fm.

The stage looks really cool. I always liked that level in SF4 too. It has life, color and movement.
I dont care about the outfits. Sagat and Kage look cool, but I dont even own them.

leonardo__cruz

Neo Member
The game is awesome, the only down point to me is the fact that as a casual player, It's a pain to unlock new characters. I understand people asking for a "complete edition", maybe they could launch one "Complete Edition"every year like Rainbow Six Siege with all the previous characters and the current year season pass.

Last month I bought Rainbow Six: Siege "Complete Edition" and it comes with all operators from Years 1, 2 and 3. Now they are starting Year 4 and I can focus in unlocking only the new characters, not the entire crew from the past 3 years (huge time saving).

Btw this new stage is sooo cool.

Elcid

Banned
So hype for this patch. Once the kids get picked up by Gangy I am going to play some SFV tonight. I actually want to play Kage with this new costume.
I think the next character is FINALLY coming the 17th with Final Round and I cannot wait!
As for the people asking "but muh complete edition", I wouldn't count on that until PS5 and even then it likely won't have everything cosmetic.

The game isn't "complete". There can not be a complete edition to a game that is at the very least still being constantly adjusted balance, move addition and bug wise. It's silly to even ask for one at this point, unless you haven't paid literally any attention to how the fighting genre works right now. There is no complete edition to Tekken, DBZ etc. Fighters this day and age are treated with much more respect for the players that actually care about them and fine tuned over years with new balances, characters, etc.

Top Bottom