• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Roster Discussion |Thread 2| Deal with it & place your hope for DLC

GorillaJu

I think the 8 SF2 characters on the initial roster are enough to hold over people. It isn't like they're not coming. I'm sure a lot of people mained Ibuki and Juri in SF4, certainly more than someone like Balrog and they're just as eager. Urien and Alex should have priority.

Yeah but Ibuki and Juri have play styles already represented in the game, where Guile and Balrog are mainstay archetypes. Balrog > Juri > Guile > Ibuki would be okay for order.

Personally I'd like Urien > Guile > Boxer > Ibuki > Alex > (Juri's replacement)

Personally I'd like Urien > Guile >

1ufiyAU.gif

Spman2099

So just to speculate...
  • Who do you guys think will come out first?
  • Regardless of who the character is, do you expect a tease of the first DLC character at the Capcom Cup?
  • Do you think we'll get a DLC character in February?

How I want it to be...

Alex, Urien, Juri, Boxer, Ibuki, and Guile.

That being said... I think Urien is going to be a boss, so I think he will be first. I also think they will want to get Guile out sooner rather than later, because he will probably have important ties in the story. I think Alex will be last, as he is the "hypest" character and will be the best way to end the first season. I also think they may try to wedge Juri in sooner rather than later to appeal to have a cast that has a representative from every title. So, my prediction for how it will actually be is...

Urien, Guile, Juri, Boxer, Ibuki, and Alex.

The one thing that has me excited for all the releases is how interesting Dhalsim is. I can't wait to see what they do with some of these characters...

Yup, a pretty large patch. There was one like this before the start of the second beta phase. There will probably be an announcement about beta phase 3 during Capcom Cup in a few days.

Did it download automatically? It was in rest mode. But I don't see a notification of an update.

I'm expecting a charge character as DLC first.

Unless Fan ends up charge. He's a Bison lackey and they're typically charge characters so who knows!

Raitaro

I think it will be Balrog first, for charge move list variety and Fight Money purposes, and Alex last because of story reasons, leading up to the events of III (or simply because I want him the most and Balrog the least and the universe is usually against me).

Urien is more difficult to place in the release sequence as he could be either first or close to last even if he is the boss. Like I said earlier, it could be the former because if he is the boss, he would already be in the game in a finished state, while it could be the latter scenario because they might want to tease us by only having him as an unplayable boss for as long as possible.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
The default costumes for Sarah, Jeffrey, Wolf, Kage, Shun Di and Dural look virtually (heh) identical in every VF game. AM2 confirmed for inexcusable lazy devs.
VF3 invalidates this statement anyway but
sarah, wolf and shun have had new costumes for every VF they've been in
VF4 in general moved back to many VF2 designs while VF3 had new costumes for every character (except dural but dural doesn't really wear a costume does she)

Nephtes

If December 17-20 for next beta: Dammit!

I've been out of town for each of the betas so far and will be out of town then too! Dammit Capcom! Why don't you consult my schedule before setting the dates for these...

Neoxon

If December 17-20 for next beta: Dammit!

I've been out of town for each of the betas so far and will be out of town then too! Dammit Capcom! Why don't you consult my schedule before setting the dates for these...
Trust me, I get it. I have to see Star Wars with multiple groups of friends that weekend (including opening night with my little brother).

emag

You guys think Fan will leak ahead of time?

What's the event we're expecting Fan's reveal at? Capcom Cup? PSX? Something else?

actually i just realized that won't work because the last input would be a diagonal forward ↖↗ depending on which direction you face.

In SFIV, the DB->SPD (really reverse TK) motion worked fine for everything but Vega's U1 and Super, which use the last diagonal to determine the wall he goes to.

Neoxon

I also noticed that the previous stress test is a more recent build than the ones being shown at recent events (the last WSO for example). Chun-Li's leggings are more shiny in the stress test build, but the one at WSO are more matte like they were in earlier builds. Maybe the stress test build was just a portion of the Fan build.

Tizoc

actually i just realized that won't work because the last input would be a diagonal forward ↖↗ depending on which direction you face.

Actually far as Guile or Claw's old supers go, any upward direction will do.
Just test it out with Guile for example.

nded

VF3 invalidates this statement anyway but
sarah, wolf and shun have had new costumes for every VF they've been in
VF4 in general moved back to many VF2 designs while VF3 had new costumes for every character (except dural but dural doesn't really wear a costume does she)

I didn't play VF3 much, but as far as I can remember the only characters I listed that didn't retain their classic costume even as an alt in VF3 are Sarah and Wolf. I remember Sarah's VF3 outfits being pretty bad, and In Wolf's case one of his costumes was very similar to his usual outfit save for different colored pants.

Edit: Akira has consistently worn a plain gi, though it was black in VF1 and VF3. The blue and red number from VF2 has also appeared in every game since. My point was that even VF, a 3D series that has always had an easier time implementing alternate costumes than traditional 2D SF, doesn't change some of their character designs very much and I suspect that's not because they're lazy.

Scotia

Banned
They're the same thing, right?

Also dope av, lol.

CC is the day after PSX. I thought they'd count as one reveal but this is the first time Ono's said there's going to be something at CC. He's been talking about PSX for a while as well so I gather there'll be something there too.

And thanks, I got it in the Santa hat thread on OT.

Top Bottom