• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Roster Discussion |Thread 2| Deal with it & place your hope for DLC

I hope all the attention the ps4 case is getting in that other thread brings more players and sales to the franchise

I don't know about you but it got my hopes up about some new news/info on the release

HotHamBoy

Say what you will about that old school art you posted... But be honest, how well do you art? :p

Like the saying goes...

I don't understand what you are suggesting. He also isn't being paid as a professional to do art. They shouldn't have hired that guy, this is god awful. And i do art just fine, thanks.
----

I would really like to see Ibuki as a more experinced ninja and not in school anymore. I definitely want to see Sakura ditch the schoolgirl outfit. They should be seasoned warriors by now.

raven777

EDGE cover

CYmGHjdWAAEQUbM.png:orig

The best part about all of these covers and promotional artworks featuring FANG is seeing all the weird places/positions they put him. It's like Where's Waldo.

Yudoken

Nice, going to the launch event in Hamburg with a couple of friends on the fifth of february.
Hopefully I can get my fightstick signed from Ono.
Need to ask Capcom if they allow it to bring a fightstick.

Greenzxy

Yes, looks similar to the tutorial, which obviously means that this cover is crap.

Yes, they said he's Bengus. But I don't want to believe he made the tutorial crap. For me Bengus did godlike art like this:

BengusSmall.png

0c7bbffbee47ac3497ab0b79f258855f.jpg

latest

18j18g0j0l0bmpng.png

18j18g4h18y7tjpg.jpg

18j18g8f6dy1zjpg.jpg

18j18gae7mjyspng.png

18j18gcd76bmzpng.png

18j18gia6ax91jpg.jpg

Sorry for this one, someone with really bad taste destroyed the original artwork using Photoshop:
sf1poster.gif

More than half of these aren't even Bengus' work.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
the Edge article specifically says they are holding those cards close to their chest after all the leaks

not sure when they'll start talking about game modes / cfn/ lobbies/ etc though :/

Lulubop

Here's the video archive for the WSO session Capcom uk did this week. Interestingly, the community manager says at around 7:50 that's he played Balrog so I guess he's the first dlc character?

http://youtu.be/dzH4GaHolrw

Interesting catch, though I don't think so. I'm pretty sure he mentioned Balrog because that's his main.

I wonder if top players also got to get their hands on the DLC characters at Capcup.

Yeah not a lot of new items mentioned. Its just a beginners guide of what's been happening. A lot of Football analogies about how only a few people are Messi but everyone likes playing. They want a level simplistic but challenging playfield for everyone. SF4 was sometimes "about exploiting the flaws in the system to the fullest" - that was a quote from Edge not Ono.

They did mention if anythings glitched they will change it but balances will happen at the end of the season, not during.

They said 12 pages but two of them was a big picture of Rashid lol. Ono did mention adding Blanka but he hasn't been told no, just been told we should have other characters instead.

They did mention if anythings glitched they will change it but balances will happen at the end of the season, not during.

Not sure what I think about this. The end of the season means 1 year? a.k.a after December and Capcom Cup? I understand they don't want to have a game that's always being fine-tuned that will mess competitors up in major tournaments. But I interpret not fixing some balances as not being pro-active, adaptive, progressive and on-the-ball to making necessary changes. I'm having flashbacks to facing hundreds of Sagat players during the launch of SF4 and my Akuma just being absolutely murdered. I figured with the state of new technology they would be collecting fight data even easier now which would enable them to make intelligent and necessary game balance decisions on a quarterly or semi-annually basis. Anyways, I'll keep the faith and not read into it too much.

I think they're learning from MKX's mistakes in having balance updates too often. Personally I'm fine with yearly balance changes, especially with DLC characters in the mix the game could feel fresh again after every season.

Also, I think Akuma beats Sagat in Vanilla :p

Lulubop

Not sure what I think about this. The end of the season means 1 year? a.k.a after December and Capcom Cup? I understand they don't want to have a game that's always being fine-tuned that will mess competitors up in major tournaments. But I interpret not fixing some balances as not being pro-active, adaptive, progressive and on-the-ball to making necessary changes. I'm having flashbacks to facing hundreds of Sagat players during the launch of SF4 and my Akuma just being absolutely murdered. I figured with the state of new technology they would be collecting fight data even easier now which would enable them to make intelligent and necessary game balance decisions on a quarterly or semi-annually basis. Anyways, I'll keep the faith and not read into it too much.

teehee

Yeah you guys are right. Didn't Sagat get nerfed later in vanilla, or was that 2 years later in Super (I don't recall)? I just remember his damage output and health feeling great. And those Akuma abuses are another example of things needing to be fixed. Anyways, I'm just in support of smalls tweaks to balance or smooth out the 'tiers' and 'tears' as opposed to letting the cards fall where they may once it's out in the public and changing after a year.

" I'm having flashbacks to facing hundreds of Sagat players during the launch of SF4 and my Akuma just being absolutely murdered. "

Edit: Everyone already said what I would say.

Sagat didn't get changed until Super, there were no real balance changes in Vanilla post-release except for some infinites being removed, so far as I recall.

maks

It hasnt been delayed yet lol?

I didnt play beta 3. Did the load times improve? It would sit in the versus screen for what would seem like a minute before launching into a match. Im hoping performance issues like these get addressed by launch.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
It hasnt been delayed yet lol?

I didnt play beta 3. Did the load times improve? It would sit in the versus screen for what would seem like a minute before launching into a match. Im hoping performance issues like these get addressed by launch.

why would it be delayed lol

those optimizations are the last thing to be coded, so hopefully we'll see improved times in the final

Fmal

Banned
MKX getting patched so fast and frequently was kind of a bummer. I'm glad they're planning on letting the game breathe.

This is the full magazine quote

with its twin currencies and steady flow of post-launch content, SFV is being built as a service as much as a game, but Capcom isnt changing its approach to balance updates. Ono has spoken in the past about his belief that balance changes shouldn't be rushed - thst communities should be given time tonearm how to overcome things they consider to be overpowered - and thst continues when SFV launches.

"if something glitch comes out the very first day and we need to hotbox it, then yes, we'll act immediately" says associate producer and battle system designer Pete Rosas "But it's very important for the community to be given time - if you're constantly changing things the community can't keep up. You're changing how the characters play, match-ups, everything. When SF4 came out everyone said Zangief was the best in the game. Over time they were like," No.... Its Sagas"

We don't anticipate making changes more than yearly (after) every Capcom Cup. We want it to be like a season; unless something is blatantly broken or glitch, we're just gonna watch and see what happens.

mbpm1

There was a whole day where some people couldn't connect to anyone

Top Bottom