• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Street Fighter V' will display optional in-game ads starting December 11th

Takuan

Re-installed this last night and spent an hour troubleshooting start-up issues (memory reference message and perpetual black screen after the Capcom logo splash). When I finally got in and updated to 4.00, I was pleasantly surprised to see ~350K in FM still in my account! Bought Kage and shut down as it was late, but I'm eager to get some practice in tonight.

Considering buying Cody, but even after watching a few Shazzy videos I was a little underwhelmed with his play style. What a great model, though. Not sure who to spend the rest of the FM on.

Gonna see if trainers still exist. I'll take the risk of getting my shit reset. Zero desire to go through Survival on the harder difficulties.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I thought it would be advertisements in the menus and loading screens not literally on the characters when you're fighting. Every time this game picks itself up, it falls back down.

I just logged in to checkout Kage, and man was I horrified to see the ads. I didnt see any images before so I was pretty damn surprised to see it. I disabled it instantly...
Man i love Street Fighter. But it is so hard to support the series when the company are being huge dicks on it, especially for the DLC! Smash came out with 74 characters and a whole lot of stages and music! SF4? Nope. 20 bucks for most maps, 20 bucks for classic skins, and a whole lot more items.

KiteGr

Not all DLCs are bad, though.
The ones in SF5 are the worst though.
  1. For once, the game follows a freemium model, without being free. (now complete with in-game adds)
  2. The characters in a fighting game are like pieces of a puzzle, you must experience all to be fairly and properly competitive.
  3. Even if the characters are unlock-able by playing, like most freemium games, and unlike most old Fighting games of the past, when there are real money involved, the grind becomes legendary! Upon starting the game, I spent 4 hours waiting and fighting online just to get 1% of the fake currency to unlock them.
  4. The "arcade edition" craps on the face of all of us who dared to spent a full price for the empty game at launch, and didn't had the nerve to go through all that Grind.
  5. Booting a game to be bombarded with locks and paywalls (characters, costumes or others) is embarrassing for the gaming medium. At least others hide the DLC behind some sub-menu.
  6. DLC has no collection value. In the end a service is a service and you don't own it. Once the servers are down and your old harddrives give up, then you won't have shit.
Then there are the other fails of SF5, like it getting progressively more censored just before, during and after it's release.
I sold that shit years ago and I only regret the money I initially spent for it, as it sold for peanuts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom