• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter VI Review Thread

Klosshufvud

Because it looks good visually, not sure what you're referring to.
I find the lightning engine to be very weak, leaving this very drab London-like flat presentation. It's most noticeable in the world mode where he runs around. It's like there is no real strong light sources anywhere. A lot of RE Engine games have this problem IMO. DMC5 also had something similar that annoyed me.

tmlDan

I find the lightning engine to be very weak, leaving this very drab London-like flat presentation. It's most noticeable in the world mode where he runs around. It's like there is no real strong light sources anywhere. A lot of RE Engine games have this problem IMO. DMC5 also had something similar that annoyed me.
I can agree with that, the lighting in pretty much all traditional fighting games is never especially impressive lol

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
I never got into Dino Crisis honestly. Mainly due to me being so deep into Resident Evil and then the Squaresoft Renaissance of the 90's/Early 2000's hit.

I'd 100% say they are still worth playing even today if you have the means to do so.

But also bear in mind I'm hugely biased because they are some of my favourite games from my childhood.

splattered

Even with the high review scores i'm still hesitant to pick this one up for some reason... street fighter has always been one of my favorite game series since i was a kid playing OG SF2 in the arcades. I just can't trust this entry for some reason. I have more faith in Tekken 8 at this point. :/

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
AhT5dqc.png

cIhGKuJ.jpg

nbkicker

The only thing im getting nervous about is why capcom has stopped reviewers from saying about extra costumes and colour for the charachters, i can smell a outcry come fri when they are put behind a payment

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm not a huge fan of fighting games, and NEVER play online. The few modern fighting games I've enjoyed, I've only played for the single player modes and the story.

This review put this game solidly on my radar.

• Strength
Reactions: Isa

Shubh_C63

Yeah thought so. Didn't get the pages and pages of gaf people saying game was trash.

Amount of work going in this game makes even a casual appreciate it.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Did not expect these scores, especially with the awful looking World Tour cringe.

I guess the core fighting aspect as stellar. Capcom stays delivering the past two gens.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Yeah thought so. Didn't get the pages and pages of gaf people saying game was trash.

Amount of work going in this game makes even a casual appreciate it.

Pages and Pages? You mean the same small circlejerk of 10-12 users? They have been harping on SF6 even before it was announced. They never wanted the game to be good or bad, they just wanted a place to bitch/moan.

Last edited:

Nvzman

Will get it but man do I hate that ugly-as-sin art style.
I actually like it, it's definitely better than SFV which was astonishingly ugly and imo better than SFIV as well. I just never liked the cartoony art style for 3D SF. This game actually looks good (in fights at least) and not goofy.

nbkicker

Not surprising.

Strange he struggling to get decent visuals knocking all the settings down to display at 1080 to get solid 60fps in arcade, in both betas and demo with my 4080 i had screen set to max settings on everything and at 4k and was solid 60fps in arcade, mind u just realised he playing on a laptop.

Last edited:

Tsaki

With Resident Evil, Monster Hunter, Devil May Cry and now Street Fighter, it seems that Capcom has amassed top talent in its internal teams. Dragon's Dogma 2 will be a banger.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Yeah, the graphics are disappointing tbh. Which sucks because the game itself seems very good.
Maybe my "standard" for graphics is different than most people but I would say the visuals looks pretty good.

Then again people also rage on about graphics in RE4R before the game was coming out but I liked visuals in RE4R a lot.

SkylineRKR

Might bite. I apparently had 5k points from Stars, which i used for a 20 bucks voucher. With this discount I might get SFV.

amigastar

Maybe my "standard" for graphics is different than most people but I would say the visuals looks pretty good.

Then again people also rage on about graphics in RE4R before the game was coming out but I liked visuals in RE4R a lot.
Idk, the graphics seem so washed out to me. I was expecting to be more vivid also the clothes shader doesn't look as good as the skin shader.

yurinka

we have to demand better graphics from these next gen games
I'm a bit surprised how few reviews are criticizing its visuals.
It's a crossgen game, not a next gen only game. You may have prefered another artstyle, but it does great the artstyle they choosed. And also performs great even in PS4 and potato pcs.

The only thing you could criticize of these visuals is that you'd personally -af it's my case- have prefered a different artstyle.

Will have to read some reciews and see whats meant to be so good about it
Basically all of them say that it's an excellent game in all areas and both for unskilled newbies and seasoned hardcore competitive players.

The only exception being the -optional- rpg lite story tutorial extra bonus mode, which is enterely optional. They say it isn't as polished as the rest of the game but still a great addition specially for casual rookies.

FYI, looks like the PC version has some issues

FxXDX6qXsAAAkQQ

World Tour runs in the demo and benchmark works well on my GTX1070 laptop.

Maybe there's some bug specific of their hardware or some area of the game, or they made a terrible choice with their settings, or they had a potato PC older than mine. If it's a bug, let's hope they hopefully in the day one patch.

Last edited:

DrFigs

It's a crossgen game, not a next gen only game. You may have prefered another artstyle, but it does great the artstyle they choosed. And also performs great even in PS4 and potato pcs.

The only thing you could criticize of these visuals is that you'd personally -af it's my case- have prefered a different artstyle.

Basically all of them say that it's an excellent game in all areas and both for unskilled newbies and seasoned hardcore competitive players.

The only exception being the -optional- rpg lite story tutorial extra bonus mode, which is enterely optional. They say it isn't as polished as the rest of the game but still a great addition specially for casual rookies.

World Tour runs in the demo and benchmark works well on my GTX1070 laptop.

Maybe there's some bug specific of their hardware or some area of the game, or they made a terrible choice with their settings, or they had a potato PC older than mine. If it's a bug, let's hope they hopefully in the day one patch.
I totally forgot it was cross gen.

Last edited:
Within a couple months, of which is usually the dead part of the year for gaming, we are getting/have gotten Tears of the Kingdom, Street Fighter 6, Diablo 4 and Final Fantasy XVI.

And people still complain that no good games ever come out.

93xfan

Banned
Even with the high review scores i'm still hesitant to pick this one up for some reason... street fighter has always been one of my favorite game series since i was a kid playing OG SF2 in the arcades. I just can't trust this entry for some reason. I have more faith in Tekken 8 at this point. :/
They already had an online beta that was open to everyone.

That was a great way to see just how amazing this entry is

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I almost never get fighting games at launch, but the high reviews and the amount of single player content might be enough.

yurinka

I got the PC version in cdkeys.com because it was cheaper there, but seems they won't reveal the code until June 2.

Do you know if cdkeys.com has a specific hour of the day to drop the preordered games?

shoplifter

Exactly, but it's well regarded now as one of the best, this will be the same, people here hate it now but give it a few years and they'll look back on it and say how it was actually good.
I'm not gonna lie, the very limited time I got with the game absolutely reminded me of playing SFIII, in a very good way.

Puscifer

I'm going to wait and see, their monetization around Street Fighter 5 was enough for me to bow out. That entire games purpose was to be nothing more than a store front.

I loved the betas and demo but I can wait

Top Bottom