• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken new info and videos round-up

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I think that is pretty to be expected in early gameplay, not everyone has the big combos down yet. And if players are switching characters well to regain gray health it makes sense that matches could go the distance. I actually kinda like that, with Marvel the whole touch of death combos really put me off, I didn't like constructing a team and then having one aspect of it taken out off of a light hit in the first seconds of the match.

Gameplay is looking pretty fun on the stream so far. No Pandora or Cross Assault yet. I always liked the team construction and switching characters to regain health part of MvC3, but I've always much preferred the actual gameplay and speed of SFIV. So yeah, this looks solid to me.

edit: Sodom running around in the BG of this stage is a pretty nice touch.

Yeah I think you're right, also I must agree - I'd rather have low damage over mvc3 one touch death combos/damage.

Also, can anyone tell me how launchers work? I know they're done by pressing HK+HP but can you do that in a combo?

Yeah I think you're right, also I must agree - I'd rather have low damage over mvc3 one touch death combos/damage.

Also, can anyone tell me how launchers work? I know they're done by pressing HK+HP but can you do that in a combo?

I don't think that it's actually HK+HP anymore. I'm pretty sure that if you chain to a heavy attack adding one more heavy gives you the laucher. Like L M H H the last heavy will automatically be the launcher. I could be wrong on that though.

I really like some of the stages, they all seem to have a lot going on in the background without being distracting.

This one guy with the constant, snotty laugh on the stream is gross.

Game looks awesome though, glad to see people who've actually play the game all state what I was expecting about gems: you barely even notice them.

Yeah nothing looks broken so far. Gonna be a fun game to watch at evo with some talented players having some time with it.

Ibuki tech discovered.

I can't wait for a desk SFxTK combo video.

Mdeezy

JJKeS.gif

this got me

I haven't wanted to give this game a chance since the start. It just looks so shitty to me. I just can't stand Tekken and that plays a part in my hate even though they are nothing alike lol The art style is almost puke inducing also... Game will have to be amazing for me to suck it up and buy it.

And is it just me or does the game look like it plays in slow motion!? Looks slower than SSFIV to me from streams and video.

LowParry

Frank "Trashman" Reynolds;34999394 said:
I haven't wanted to give this game a chance since the start. It just looks so shitty to me. I just can't stand Tekken and that plays a part in my hate even though they are nothing alike lol The art style is almost puke inducing also... Game will have to be amazing for me to suck it up and buy it.

And is it just me or does the game look like it plays in slow motion!? Looks slower than SSFIV to me from streams and video.

Yeah, you aren't going to buy it if you're not impressed at this point.

Tizoc

WOW @ 9:58!? Shoryuken either does Massive damage or Julia's health is diminutive.
People complain about Pandora and Gems yet they fail to recognize the real lowdown of the game: Vagina Tax.

Any good gameplay in that Daigo and Tokido match?

Westlo

As before, I can answer any questions about this build of the game now the embargo is up... so feel free to ask.

Me and Wonkey were pestering the gamespot au boys to show us Asuka's movelist and while the quality was bad to read we could make out she had both her Heron Dance (1+4) and Leg Cutter strings. Any chance you could list out (or screenshot) her unique moves? I know there's a lot.... also a question, can you cancel into a special off those strings?

Or even better any chance you could quickly run through them on video and/or as well as her trials? If capcom allows it of course.

Also IIRC last thread you said you were a Cammy player, that's who I've mained since Super so I'm curious to see what you think of her in this version. -

Edit - Also speaking of tutorial mode what's your thoughts on that? The best effort Capcom have served up in that department? Do they allow video examples of moves they want you to perform in tutorial and mission modes?

Dammmmmmmnnnnn Electrifying One, I'll never doubt you again.

Great stream people..... Although I lack CSI Miami skills to enhance jaggy shit that you need at least a microscope to read. Made out Leg cutter series (Think it was under Unique Attacks meaning you can cancel to specials with these) and the White Herron (1+4) series. Think the White Herron was a special. Hey APZonerunner, happy to print screen some movelists?

Tizoc

Is there any archive of the IPW/GamesRadar stream?

Should be archived here-
http://www.twitch.tv/gamesradar

EDIT: Oh and the game scales damage more if you combo off a wall bounce or ground bounce =/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGHVtH0qVfs
Notice how Ryu's EX Stallion Kick does 70% damage, then Juri's super does 50% damage.

Funnily enough I tried out one of Ryu's main 3S combos: Jumping HP-->St./Cr. HP-->HCF+2K-->HP SRK. Combo did 45%-ish damage X3

EDIT2: While we're at, let's make up Dudley+Elena's reason for going to the South Pole, here are some from SRK-
http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...ions-and-theories.143910/page-87#post-6489931
http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...ions-and-theories.143910/page-87#post-6489861

Lol...love vagina tax.

So watched the stream...the character select seemed barren...are we going to get raped by dlc...or was the leaked list way inflated?

Maybe this game makes the same dumb mistake SF4 did of having unlockable characters, forcing you to play the single player game.

Tizoc

Maybe this game makes the same dumb mistake SF4 did of having unlockable characters, forcing you to play the single player game.

You unlock characters by getting them off the in-game Store; the currency used is the most value-able in all of fighting-dom
Bison Dollars

Only a dumb mistake if the single player game doesn't have effort put into it, but that's a big argument that happens pretty often so I digress.

Only a dumb mistake if the single player game doesn't have effort put into it, but that's a big argument that happens pretty often so I digress.
Plenty of people play fighting games for the multiplayer only. Effort or not, I find no joy in fighting a computer.
Could you imagine if something like Call of Duty locked away MP content unless you finished the campaign?

Well, obviously having no character unlocks and a good story would be the best.

But Capcom continues to do neither and upset everyone!

Top Bottom