• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken new info and videos round-up

Tizoc

Well, obviously having no character unlocks and a good story would be the best.

But Capcom continues to do neither and upset everyone!

I'm most '=/' about unlocking characters rather than being upset.
...but hey I got Hugo and Claw from the start, some practice and a few hours of playing them and I'll have the additional characters in no time.

ShinAmano

Forgot the most important question...will the lobby system allow viewing of matches by non players like ssf or be lame like mvc?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I tried discerning the character portraits on the select screen in the stream but... which rumored / supposed DLC characters are still missing from what we saw there? Guy, Cody, and...?

Tizoc

I tried discerning the character portraits on the select screen in the stream but... which rumored / supposed DLC characters are still missing from what we saw there? Guy, Cody, and...?

The remaining characters are
Elena+Dudley, Gouki, Dictator, Cody+Guy
Leo+Christie, Jack-X, Bryan Fury, Jin, Ogre

Not that anyone has any real clue yet. But by all accounts and from multiple different sources he's totally top tier, especially from the weaker Capcom side.

qc7Qg.jpg

No Lee Chaolan
why did they waste their time putting on Ogre? (if that spoiler text is true)
, so no dream team. Still, as long as my boy Vega is shining I'm happy.

LowParry

He'll prob. look like Jack-5/6 I think...in fact haven't all the Jacks aside from Gun Jack look the same throughout all the Tekkens?

You've had some different variations in TTT, but from 5 on, same'ol Jack. Jack 6 got a different voice though.

Tizoc

^Eh I just assume Lupi is acting all high and mighty and above us all...or that Capcom actually learned about him and are threatening him or some such @_@
Again...my assumptions~

Oh and you guys might want to save this for use when the new trailer comes out (...and is worth using this image for)
QuD30.png

I'm just saying it's worth mentioning the ESRB thing as well, and realizing that there could still be more than what Lupinko has said.

No "there's this specific number of characters left" or "This specific list of characters left", just there's more characters left, including these that Lupinko said.

LowParry

Didn't someone here on GAF post about us seeing a final build next week or very soon? Can't seem to find it. Could of just read things wrong.

Tizoc

Didn't someone here on GAF post about us seeing a final build next week or very soon? Can't seem to find it. Could of just read things wrong.

The game has gone gold.
SFxT will be featured at WNF and it might be the final/disc release or the one we've just seen recently from game sites (I linked to it in the first post ;3)

Dartastic

No, people are just trusting Lupinko blindly, ignoring the possibility that he hasn't given us all the info, or that other sources (ESRB) could be equally or more legit for into.
I no longer trust Lupinko blindly. He trolls way too hard for attention. Until I see the confirmation, I will not hold out hope for Elena.

LowParry

The game has gone gold.
SFxT will be featured at WNF and it might be the final/disc release or the one we've just seen recently from game sites (I linked to it in the first post ;3)

Ooooooooo. Good deal. And I have school that night :( FML

Tizoc

I no longer trust Lupinko blindly. He trolls way too hard for attention. Until I see the confirmation, I will not hold out hope for Elena.

Regardless, Lupi's never been wrong, and has stated multiple times that Elena is in. (No offense intended BTW)

Skilletor

I don't see how you could doubt a man who said pac-man riding mokujin would be in weeks/months before the reveal. lol

I BELIEVE IN LUPINKO!

crackfiend

Neo Member
hey guys, thanks for those of you who tuned in yesterday or watched the archived video of SFxT at GamesRadar. if lpn, haunts, and i actually get an opportunity to go do another stream for you guys in the near future, what kinda stuff did you guys want to see explored?

GrayFoxPL

Personally I hate that lupinko is spoiling everything.

Is he a tester or something?

hey guys, thanks for those of you who tuned in yesterday or watched the archived video of SFxT at GamesRadar. if lpn, haunts, and i actually get an opportunity to go do another stream for you guys in the near future, what kinda stuff did you guys want to see explored?

Didn't finish watching the stream yet, but I'd like to know how different team up's resonate in match.

I only watched about 40% or so of the stream, but did you explore the 4 player modes at all? I'm interested in the 2 player tag modes in particular as I could see that being pretty fun on streams and with both players being human controlled during Cross Assault.

Also I'd love to see scramble mode, even if it just looks like random craziness.

crackfiend

Neo Member
I only watched about 40% or so of the stream, but did you explore the 4 player modes at all? I'm interested in the 2 player tag modes in particular as I could see that being pretty fun on streams and with both players being human controlled during Cross Assault.

Also I'd love to see scramble mode, even if it just looks like random craziness.

We ran out of time yesterday so we didn't explore the 4 player mode yet. We really wanted to give it a shot though, it looks it would be absolute insanity and shenanigans!

@GrayFox We'll definitely explore that even further next time. There are a lot of things I'd like to try, such as command grab into exchange. Never really tried it so not sure if it even works. Team chemistry will definitely play a huge role in determining which characters and what not will be top tier.

LowParry

I think instead of taking questions from the stream monsters, get some questions prior from like here on GAF or on iplaywinner so that way you can keep the flow of the stream going with gameplay and questions answered.

I'd like to see a run down of the menu and its entirety. Maybe show what default gems there are in game. I do like hearing the tech talk with characters.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks

shoutouts to dat crackfiend ;)

GrayFoxPL

We ran out of time yesterday so we didn't explore the 4 player mode yet. We really wanted to give it a shot though, it looks it would be absolute insanity and shenanigans!

@GrayFox We'll definitely explore that even further next time. There are a lot of things I'd like to try, such as command grab into exchange. Never really tried it so not sure if it even works. Team chemistry will definitely play a huge role in determining which characters and what not will be top tier.

Awesome! :]

n3ss

aka acr0nym
I think instead of taking questions from the stream monsters, get some questions prior from like here on GAF or on iplaywinner so that way you can keep the flow of the stream going with gameplay and questions answered.

I'd like to see a run down of the menu and its entirety. Maybe show what default gems there are in game. I do like hearing the tech talk with characters.

I agree, and thanks for the feedback!

We'll definitely be doing another stream in the near future!

zlatko

Banned
Idk why Capcom wants me to wait this long to hear about the online in detail.

Netcode? Rematch options? Ranking system? Penalty for rage quitting? Unlocks/titles? Replays? Spectator mode?

These are things I need to know Capcom to buy it day one.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Personally I hate that lupinko is spoiling everything.

Is he a tester or something?

Didn't finish watching the stream yet, but I'd like to know how different team up's resonate in match.

I love it when Lupinko spoiled us, so Capcom wouldn't troll us anymore.

AAK

I loved the indepth technology you guys were discovering with Ibuki the way here EX dragon kick could let you combo and such. I'd love for you guys to go in such exhaustive detail in experimenting with some of the Tekken characters. Specifically I'd love to see you try some of characters that appear more technical like Law or Xiaoyu.

crackfiend

Neo Member
I loved the indepth technology you guys were discovering with Ibuki the way here EX dragon kick could let you combo and such. I'd love for you guys to go in such exhaustive detail in experimenting with some of the Tekken characters. Specifically I'd love to see you try some of characters that appear more technical like Law or Xiaoyu.

Hey man, I appreciate the thought and I'll be sure to let the guys know. I really want to explore the Tekken characters much more because there's a chance that they might have more tactics to offer than the SF characters.

zlatko

Banned
If the build only lets you explore the offline matches, then I want to see information on Tekken characters as well, specifically Steve Fox. Particularly what his strengths are in comparison to say Balrog. How fast is his jab? What kind of damage can he put out from simple day one strings? The flickerstance's role in his fight plan, etc.

If they do let you dabble with the online, then just spill all the beans you can in the stuff I'm wondering about in the post above.

Thanks Crackfiend/haunts/IPW.

Top Bottom