• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken Pac-Man and Mega Man Revelaited (PS3/Vita Exclusive)

syQ0A.gif

Official Site.
Unity
SRK Article.

Trailer
Super/Cross Arts

The PlayStation 3 and Vita versions of Street Fighter X Tekken gain two more exclusive characters today - both Namco and Capcom lend their mascots to the battle, but in ways you might not expect... Yes, Pac-Man and Mega Man are indeed tossing their heads/helmets in the ring. These two join Cole (from inFamous) and the Kuro/Toro cats for a total of five Sony-exclusive characters on that platform. However, both 'Men arrive in altered forms, making their appearances in SFxT totally unique to this game.

If you're like me, you may be wondering, "w... why that version of Mega Man?" Well, in the spirit of crossover fun, the dev team wanted both Capcom and Namco's mascots to join the fray in a slightly silly, goofy way. Pac-Man riding Mokujin is about as weird as it can get, so the best equivalent for Mega Man would have to be the so-bad-it's-good-but-still-kinda-bad box art from Mega Man 1 in the US.

Make no mistake though, classic Blue Bomber Mega Man still has a future, and we have Top Men (not Top Man) on the case. December also marks the 25th anniversary of Mega Man, and we'll have more news in the future about our plans for the milestone.

dot

So....uh...Megaman. wtf?

o_o

And is Pacman supposed to be a Tron-esque character? This game is so crazy and wierd...

Agent X

Never thought I'd ever see a game where Cole MacGrath could possibly team up with Pac-Man, and yet here we are.

More characters that won't be tournament eligable because they're only on one platform HURRAH.

Officially 5 more characters from Street Fighter and Tekken we could've had now, guys. Fucks sake.

Agent X

Just saw the pictures. I got a kick out of the version of Mega Man that they're using for this game. I have to hand it to them, they've got a great sense of humor!

Top Bottom