• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken PC Coming, Console Release Mar 6 [Like ME3/XCOM/Ghost Recon]

Degen

Red Liquorice said:
I haven't kept track of what happened at NYCC, so correct me if I'm wrong - the only character revealed was Rufus, but there were three more teaser trailers shown - this is in addition to the 3 already out there (the ones that one of which hinted at Mika) - so that's a total of 6 teasers yet to be confirmed as anyone?
Lupinko > NYCC and whoever is in charge of teasers combined

Radius

The 6 teasers were for Vega, Balrog, Juri, Xiaoyu, Paul and Law - not officially confirmed, but pretty likely.

Furthermore, on the previous page, lupinko revealed to us some more characters of whom Christie and Elena make SFxT GOTY 2012 by default.

Thanks Capcom, for releasing this on my birthday - preordered already :D

Chavelo said:
How much did Microsoft pay you to say that?

Serious question
I love the achievements and Live interface and the fact that the client only opens inside the game so you don't have to have it running in the taskbar or anything. Also the fact that Windows 8 with the new Live and the next Xbox will for sure carry over Live accounts so I can just move my gamertag over. Not a single problem with this service. Gators gonna gait.

Chavelo

Heavy said:
I love the achievements and Live interface and the fact that the client only opens inside the game so you don't have to have it running in the taskbar or anything. Also the fact that Windows 8 with the new Live and the next Xbox will for sure carry over Live accounts so I can just move my gamertag over. Not a single problem with this service. Gators gonna gait.

That's a... fair argument.

I also love how Games for Windows Live gives me exclusive access to hundreds of free games, demos, and trailers. It’s a great way to discover new games and try before I buy. Then, when I want to extend the fun, Game For Windows Live has a whole marketplace full of game add-ons, including new songs, levels, maps, and characters to keep my games exciting and challenging.

Oh, hey! Mail's here! PAYDAY, BITCHES.

ಠ.ಠ

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Is there anywhere to talk about the Gem system? i find it funny that people are loving the Card system in UMvC3 but hating the Gem system.

I mean, I get it, one is an optional mode, the other one is a thing people are gonna have to plan for tournaments.... ugh

Chavelo

Raging Spaniard said:
Is there anywhere to talk about the Gem system? i find it funny that people are loving the Card system in UMvC3 but hating the Gem system.

I mean, I get it, one is an optional mode, the other one is a thing people are gonna have to plan for tournaments.... ugh

Wait, gem system is actually going to be built in to the core gameplay, not just a game mode on the side?

I... damn. This is kinda huge. :O

Chavelo said:
That's a... fair argument.

I also love how Games for Windows Live gives me exclusive access to hundreds of free games, demos, and trailers. It’s a great way to discover new games and try before I buy. Then, when I want to extend the fun, Game For Windows Live has a whole marketplace full of game add-ons, including new songs, levels, maps, and characters to keep my games exciting and challenging.

Oh, hey! Mail's here! PAYDAY, BITCHES.

ಠ.ಠ
Dare I say
rAmnC.gif
, old chap.

Chavelo said:
It's like you don't even play PC games, "old buddy"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=441980
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=431730
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=445913

But, keep on dick rid- err, I mean, doing the Nova for Microsoft. :p
And I can cite even more quotes from gaffers stating they've had no problems at all with GFWL. Either way, this is my preference for the reasons stated above. I'm currently not a fan of Steam. Ideally we'd have an option of choosing between the two for every major release but that option isn't available.

EDIT: In fact, there are quite a few quotes in the last thread you linked.

I personally couldn't care less, seeing as how I don't play on my PC, but I'm pretty sure they'll be using GFWL.

/onodealwithit.gif

KAL2006

Banned
Radius said:
The 6 teasers were for Vega, Balrog, Juri, Xiaoyu, Paul and Law - not officially confirmed, but pretty likely.

Furthermore, on the previous page, lupinko revealed to us some more characters of whom Christie and Elena make SFxT GOTY 2012 by default.

Thanks Capcom, for releasing this on my birthday - preordered already :D

So far there are 14 SF characters officially confirmed. If you include the teased characters (Balrog, Vega, Juri), thats 17 SF characters total. Then if you include Elena which Lupinko hinted at thats 18 SF characters. Then what about Guy and Cody who were seen in the old CG trailer, that would add up to 20 SF characters. Finally how can we have a SF game without Bison, so that would make the total of SF characters to 21. Then we need to have even number as all characters need partners, so the final total should be 22 SF characters. And of course the Tekken side should have the same amount of characters which would mean 44 characters in total.

Edited and fixed the count

Here is the list
1. Ryu
2. Ken
3. Chunli
4. Guile
5. Abel
6. Cammy
7. Sagat
8. Dhalsim
9. Poison
10. Ibuki
11. Hugo
12. Rolento
13. Zangief
14. Rufus

teased or rumored
15. Balrog (on the teaser)
16. Vega (on the teaser)
17. Juri (on the teaser)
18. Guy (on the CG trailer)
19. Cody (on the CG trailer)
20. Elena (hinted by Lupinko)
21. Bison (hinted by Lupinko

My guess
22. Akuma (we need even amount of characters for tag teams)

As for Tekken characters
1. Kazuya
2. Nina
3. King
4. Craig
5. Bob
6. Julia
7. Hwoarang
8. Steve
9. Yoshimitsu
10. Kuma
11. Lili
12. Heihachi
13. Raven

teased or rumored
14. Asuka (teased as Lili's partner, also teased in CG trailer)
15. Law (on the teaser)
16. Paul (on the teaser
17. Ling (on the teaser)
18. Christie (hinted by Lupinko)
19. Jack (hinted by Lupinko)
20. Bryan (hinted by Lupinko)
21. Ogre (hinted by Lupinko

My guess
22. Jin (Ling's partner, we need even count for tag teams)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
KAL2006 said:
So far there are 14 SF characters officially confirmed. If you include the teased characters (Balrog, Vega, Bison), thats 17 SF characters total. Then if you include Elena which Lupinko hinted at thats 18 SF characters. Then what about Guy and Cody who were seen in the old CG trailer, that would add up to 20 SF characters. Finally how can we have a SF game without Bison, so that would make the total of SF characters to 21. Then we need to have even number as all characters need partners, so the final total should be 22 SF characters. And of course the Tekken side should have the same amount of characters which would mean 44 characters in total.

Edited and fixed the count

What about Juri?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I thought Lee got disconfirmed?

Alright I think it might be SF @ 25 and Tekken @ 25

Orge + Akuma as boss team. (secret characters I betacha)

How about this list?

Street Fighter:
Ryu / Ken
Guile / Abel
Chun Li / Cammy
Sagat / Dhalsim
Poison / Hugo
Ibuki / Rolento
Zangief / Rufus
Elena / Sakura
Guy / Cody
Boxer / Claw
Juri / Dictator

Tekken:
Kazuya / Nina
King / Marduk
Bob / Julia
Hwoarang / Steve Fox
Yoshimitsu / Raven
Kuma / Heihachi
Lili / Asuka
Paul / Law
Ling Xiaoyu / Christie
Bryan Fury / Jack-X
Jin / Jun

44 total.

KAL2006

Banned
JJD said:
I think I've learned my lesson with Super SF4 and Marvel. I'll wait until the expansion hits.

But this game seems to have a lot of content already, it has around 40 characters, all the online features from SSFIV present (not barebones like MvC3) plus even more online features such as online training mode and scramble mode. And how do you know the update will be like SSFIV or UMvC3, the last time Ono's team did a update it was as DLC (SSFIVAE), why would they take a step back now.

Bizazedo

JJD said:
I think I've learned my lesson with Super SF4 and Marvel. I'll wait until the expansion hits.
I get why you'd feel that way, I do, but I'd only do that if I played fighters casually and didn't care about the online / a lot of the competition.

As for the above team compositions, why would Bison and Juri team up? Didn't Juri want to kill him?

It'd make more sense if Seth showed up and paired with Juri?

KAL2006

Banned
Flying Wonkey said:
How about this list?

44 total.

Jun would be an odd choice if you already have Asuka and Jin. Also, there is no point having Sakura there if you are not going to include Karin, as the school team rivalry (Sakura/Karin vs Asuka/Lili) can't happen. I know Lupinko hinted at Elena and Christie being in, but I would have proffered if we saw Feilong vs Law rivalry.

Bizazedo said:
As for the above team compositions, why would Bison and Juri team up? Didn't Juri want to kill him?

Same reason why Zangief and Rufus teamed up, or Nina and Kazuya teamed up or Ibuki and Rolento teamed up. They can make up some bullshit story why these teams have come together.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
KAL2006 said:
Jun would be an odd choice if you already have Asuka and Jin. Also, there is no point having Sakura there if you are not going to include Karin, as the school team rivalry (Sakura/Karin vs Asuka/Lili) can't happen. I know Lupinko hinted at Elena and Christie being in, but I would have proffered if we saw Feilong vs Law rivalry.

Problem with Fei and Law is that they look almost identical. not their fault, since they're both Bruce Lee ripoffs, but visually speaking the Capoeira chicks are a lot more visually distinct.

JJD

KAL2006 said:
But this game seems to have a lot of content already, it has around 40 characters, all the online features from SSFIV present (not barebones like MvC3) plus even more online features such as online training mode and scramble mode. And how do you know the update will be like SSFIV or UMvC3, the last time Ono's team did a update it was as DLC (SSFIVAE), why would they take a step back now.

But they have taken a step back. Marvel was released after Super SF4, and yet they won't release the new content as add on.

I would totally buy the new characters DLC for Marvel, but I won't be getting the new release. Games are expensive enough were I live... :-(

Bizazedo said:
I get why you'd feel that way, I do, but I'd only do that if I played fighters casually and didn't care about the online / a lot of the competition.

I am causal, but I've played hundreds of hours of SF4, and just a couple of Super and Marvel...I don't know why but the online component is totally fucked for me...I can't find matches without lag anymore. I'm on a 10mbps connection. I could fight guys from Japan without a hitch on SF4, but on Super and Marvel I have trouble playing with guys from my own country. It's horrible...it killed the game for me... :-(

KAL2006

Banned
Raging Spaniard said:
Problem with Fei and Law is that they look almost identical. not their fault, since they're both Bruce Lee ripoffs, but visually speaking the Capoeira chicks are a lot more visually distinct.

When you tell anyone about that there is a Tekken vs SF game coming up, one of the earliest things someone would say (casual or hardcore),"oh cool Feilong vs Law". Yes there can be tons of rivalries like Ganryu vs Honda, Sakura/Karin vs Asuka/Lili, Zangief vs Kuma, Elena vs Christie. But the most popular would be Fei vs Law, because both characters are highly popular and iconic.

KAL2006

Banned
JJD said:
But they have taken a step back. Marvel was released after Super SF4, and yet they won't release the new content as add on.

I would totally buy the new characters DLC for Marvel, but I won't be getting the new release. Games are expensive enough were I live... :-(

Ono did not work on MvC3, and who knows, maybe MvC3 was being worked on since before SSFIV got released. SFxT builds on SSFIVAE which was Ono's last game. At the end of the day you have to look at the package, I look at SFxT and see tons of content and features so I think it's worth it, I look at MvC3 and it seemed barebones which is why I didn't buy it.

Xater

Raging Spaniard said:

Also pre-order Gems. UMvC3 seems to have just everything in the game.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Flying Wonkey said:
How about this list?

Jin / Jun

44 total.

You had me at Jun. Considering how Ono pretty much said she was one of the first characters he was looking at getting (Gamescom 2010) I'm still under the impression she made it in. Would be great if she's paired with Jin.

Degen

Now that Bryan got Lupinko'd, I guess I'll actually have to learn this game instead of picking the most brain-dead characters like I usually do in 2D fighters.

don't care if the he sucks; don't care if I suck. Best video game dude ever

KAL2006

Banned
Degen said:
Now that Bryan got Lupinko'd, I guess I'll actually have to learn this game instead of picking the most brain-dead characters like I usually do in 2D fighters.

don't care if the he sucks; don't care if I suck. Best video game dude ever

when did Lupinko hint at Bryan, I thought he only hinted at Elena/Christie

Degen

KAL2006 said:
when did Lupinko hint at Bryan, I thought he only hinted at Elena/Christie
here:
lupinko said:
Oh ok, what about this one?

Whoops, said too much, oh noes Capcops!
so ninja-like

elena, christie, bryan, jack (likely gun jack), ogre, 'rog, and deconfirmed three or four characters

I can't even recover my fucking XBL account on either PC or the 360 for some reason. I can play offline, but online says "OH SORRY THIS ACCOUNT ISN'T LIVE COMPATIBLE." Bitch, I played through your service months ago!

First it corrupted my saves, then it corrupted my profile. And now I can't recover my account, basically.

Fuck GFWL. :(

KAL2006

Banned
Degen said:
here:

so ninja-like

elena, christie, bryan, jack (likely gun jack), ogre, 'rog, and deconfirmed three or four characters

wait so lupinko hinted at
-elena
-christie
-bryan
-jack
-ogre
-balrog (was already teased anyway)

and which characters did he deconfirm

EDIT: nevermind

I edited my original list post after looking at Lupinko's hints

Radius

KAL2006 said:
22. Akuma (we need even amount of characters for tag teams)

21. Ogre (hinted by Lupinko

I suppose Akuma and Ogre will be a mixed team since they're both boss characters. Which gives us another 2 character slots. On the Tekken side I'm pretty sure we'll get either Lars or Alisa (putting Bob in the game while neglecting Alisa, Lars, Leo, Zafina and Miguel would be insane). On the SF side things are a bit more confusing since we need someone who would make up a team with Elena. My guess: Makoto or Blanka. Though maybe Ono will suprise us again as he did with Poison - Ingrid and Maki have been MIA for quite some time.

LowParry

Stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllll waiting for full character reveals. Gotta see if Capcom fucked up Ling or not. Though they did a fine job with Julia and Lili.

Top Bottom