• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Streets Of Kamurocho (SoR2 inspired beat'em up mini game set in the Yakuza universe) announced

Kazza

In celebration of SEGA’s 60th Anniversary, SEGA mashed Streets of Rage 2 with the ever-popular Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio’s Yakuza series, and Streets of Kamurocho was born.

Play as two of the most loved characters – Kiryu and Majima – to brawl your way through Kamurocho.

Looks like it will only be available for two days only (from the 17th)

Last edited:

Kazza

It's part of Sega's 60th anniversary celebrations:

An axed (haha) Golden Axe protoype from the 360/PS3 days will be released too (among others):

Faithless83

Banned
Looks like it will only be available for two days only (from the 17th)
Thank you Nintendo. A**holes set a precedent worst than MTX and the a**holes fans bought into it.
If that shit flopped hard it wouldn't be an issue. Get ready guys, "timed games" are the future now.

And people were complaining about the $70 games. smh

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Thank you Nintendo. A**holes set a precedent worst than MTX and the a**holes fans bought into it.
If that shit flopped hard it wouldn't be an issue. Get ready guys, "timed games" are the future now.

And people were complaining about the $70 games. smh
Dude, it's a freebie because of the celebration of the 60th anniversary, makes sense it's a timed thing.

Atlus did the same when they released Synchronicity Prologue, it's normal.

They were all like, people would like to see another Virtua Fighter, I wonder what we should do? And this one drunken guy in the office just went, hang on, hold my beer and here we are.

Last edited:

GrayFoxPL

It's part of Sega's 60th anniversary celebrations:

An axed (haha) Golden Axe protoype from the 360/PS3 days will be released too (among others):

Wow, nice!

SEGA remembers how to have fun! I'm all for it.

2OeovGR.gif

Last edited:

Erdrick

Would definitely play this. Unfortunately, I don't have Steam or any PC gaming really. Good show by Sega for celebrating their rich history in any case.

Fbh

Nice. Will definitely give it a try.

Love how Sega are handling this anniversary. Some fun freebies are way better than "here's this extremely overpriced collectable item you can buy to celebrate us"

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia

Who will Be the final ass hole ?
:messenger_beermugs:
ss_c9bec330480c872d46525ed89a0c528c18dac4f3.1920x1080.jpg

Akiyama ? Ryo Hazuki ? Phil Spencer ?

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I liked the Saint Row's minigame where your character fights in a SoR like stage. This reminds me of that.

Nice. Will definitely give it a try.

Love how Sega are handling this anniversary. Some fun freebies are way better than "here's this extremely overpriced collectable item you can buy to celebrate us"

Yeah this is pretty awesome. I wonder if it's a full length game.

Who will Be the final ass hole ?
:messenger_beermugs:
ss_c9bec330480c872d46525ed89a0c528c18dac4f3.1920x1080.jpg

Akiyama ? Ryo Hazuki ? Phil Spencer ?

I was thinking Haruka Sawamura. Since the game is like Streets of Rage a playable female character would fit right in.

Last edited:

Faithless83

Banned
Dude, it's a freebie because of the celebration of the 60th anniversary, makes sense it's a timed thing.

Atlus did the same when they released Synchronicity Prologue, it's normal.
I'm still pissed about the whole Nintendo thing that I've failed to see the free part.
Point still stands though.

lachesis

Just played thru the game. LOL - Fully knowing that it's just a free mini-game, but even so - thought it could offer a bit more content. Basically a re-skinned version of Axel in SOR2 for all 3 characters (while 3rd character has slightly different special move). I just wished 3 characters had more unique differences - so far all 3 of them see pretty much the same. Nonethelss, I had a blast playing thru, re-living the 16bit days... for a few minutes.

Some of the background elements had very nice thing going on - say, the convenience store/restaurant doors open and close depending on your proximity, or some piece of paper flying around etc. If the Jazz cafe/bar thing was more a Mahjong parlor - it would have been perfect though!

It's a nice nod to the both Yakuza series and SOR. It would be awesome if this gets made into a full version some day. :D I don't know - perhaps the story could be as simple as 80's usual "save kidnapped Haruka".

RNG

Thought it was pretty fun, too bad it loops over and over again. It's pretty much SoR2 reskinned with Yakuza and all the characters play like Axel. I'd totally be down for a full game de-make SoR pixel art style with Yakuza but with each character's own unique move set.

Last edited:

lachesis

What impressed me the most was actually the Sega's 60th birthday 16bit style screen shot in the beginning. :) Very nicely done.

Kazza

Some of the background elements had very nice thing going on - say, the convenience store/restaurant doors open and close depending on your proximity, or some piece of paper flying around etc. If the Jazz cafe/bar thing was more a Mahjong parlor - it would have been perfect though!

Yeah, I was impressed with lots of the little details. I liked the staminan bottles in place of the chicken/apple, and I liked how they included places from the real game (Serena bar, Baccus bar, the baseball place etc). The only thing I would criticise were the Axel sund effects. I feel it would have been pretty simple to swap these out in favour of each characters' grunting from the Yakuza games.

I'd totally be down for a full game de-make SoR pixel art style with Yakuza but with each character's own unique move set.

Me too, either as a straight-forward beat'em up, or a River City Ransom type of game.

It's a garbage reskin of SOR2. Every playable character is a reskinned Axel. Majima is missing half his walking frames and it's 1 round over and over again. Don't bother with this pish.

DjMystix

It's a garbage reskin of SOR2. Every playable character is a reskinned Axel. Majima is missing half his walking frames and it's 1 round over and over again. Don't bother with this pish.

I had similar feeling but then again, it was free and I honestly didn't expect an 8 round full blown streets of rage like attempt. But it did feel incredibly lazy though. I mean they could use voices and FX from yakuza series easily. that one track keep going on and on got annoying. Again, can't complain much since it was free, just expected a bit more :)

Top Bottom